Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Devin Hester & the Hall of Fame

BearsFan1984

Practice Squad
Hi guys. Some of you might remember me from the thread about Lovie Smith.

Now, I am asking for YOUR perspective. Are we Bears fans crazy for being upset that Devin Hester didn't make the Hall of Fame? I feel, Bears fan or not, that he truly changed the game (special teams). He was super electrifying and some of the best football moments during his time was whether the returner would take it to the house or not. Before Hester, it was always a boring sequence. Guy catches, ball, gets tackled around the 25 yard line or so, then commercial. Hester, you stayed to watch the returns - at least, until they moved the kickoff line and made all these other changes (which I understand, for player safety).

So...

Are we crazy or should Hester have made the Hall of Fame?

Now, I am asking for YOUR perspective. Are we Bears fans crazy for being upset that Devin Hester didn't make the Hall of Fame? I feel, Bears fan or not, that he truly changed the game (special teams). He was super electrifying and some of the best football moments during his time was whether the returner would take it to the house or not. Before Hester, it was always a boring sequence. Guy catches, ball, gets tackled around the 25 yard line or so, then commercial. Hester, you stayed to watch the returns - at least, until they moved the kickoff line and made all these other changes (which I understand, for player safety).

So...

The amount of NFL and CHI records he holds is insane, he’ll get in. I just don’t get why these HOF voters are so bent on denying ST players or closers in MLB. If they changed the game and are worthy put them in but alas that’s not how they operate.

So...

Hall of Fame voters anymore are either biased, ignorant, lazy, or all of the above. It seems it has less to do with what's done on the football field anymore, and it's more about the politics of it, and I just don't give much credence to any of that stuff any more because of it. I know who the greats are.

And to answer your question, yes, Hester absolutely is HOF worthy. As is Andre Johnson. But hey, maybe some hidden TDs and yards or something will be found that will get them in next year, or the next, or the next.

Hall of Fame voters anymore are either biased, ignorant, lazy, or all of the above. It seems it has less to do with what's done on the football field anymore, and it's more about the politics of it, and I just don't give much credence to any of that stuff any more because of it. I know who the greats are.

And to answer your question, yes, Hester absolutely is HOF worthy. As is Andre Johnson. But hey, maybe some hidden TDs and yards or something will be found that will get them in next year, or the next, or the next.

Ha. I have a friend who is a hardcore Republican. That's ok with me. I also have a friend who is a hardcore Democrat. That's also ok with me.

Republican friend tweeted that Hester didn't make it.

Democrat friend replied asking him to find the votes and demand a recount.

😂

Back