Devin Hester probably will turn pro

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Fiddy, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Fiddy

Fiddy Hall of Fame

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/ncaa/01/02/bc.fbc.t25.miami.coaches.ap/index.html

Where do y'all draft experts think he will go. I'm thinking 2nd round just on pure speed and potential and ability to change the game one any side of the ball.

But I havent studied the draft class yet so I dont know...

2. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

I doubt he goes in the 2nd round. He and Ted Ginn from Ohio St. are phenomenal athletes but neither have great skills at CB or WR so I don't see either going above the 3rd round.

3. stevo3883

stevo3883 All Pro

ted ginn is a true sophomore so i dont know why you're projecting his draft value...

4. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

My fault, I hadn't bothered to check, but I recall him being among Heisman talk earlier in the year so I figured he was older. I was wondering why I hadn't heard much about him in draft talk, although he didn't put up much of a season, but he'll have to improve his WR/CB skills in the next year or two.

5. stevo3883

stevo3883 All Pro

yeah hes raw at WR, he was the #2 overall recruit in the nation behind Peterson as a CB. His hands and routes will improve. But you cant teach the speed and moves he has. He had like 6 return td's last year in 3/4 a season, thats why he got all the heisman hype.

6. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

True, but he's still not a great CB yet and will need to improve his skills at the position in order to be a top pick in 2007 or 2008. Philip Buchanon is very athletic but unfortunately that hasn't made him a good CB yet.

7. stevo3883

stevo3883 All Pro

Ginn wont play CB ever again. Hes a WR/KR/PR through and through