Developing Story out of San Diego: Could affect Week 1 Matchup

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by texansfan88, Sep 4, 2004.

1. texansfan88

texansfan88 All Pro

This might affect the 1st game of the year against us. I hope we can gameplan.

San Diego, CA – San Diego Chargers head coach Marty Schottenheimer has announced that he plans to break training camp with absolutely no wide receivers on the 53 player active roster. “Frankly, I can’t even name a single receiver that we currently have in camp,” admitted Schottenheimer after yesterday’s afternoon practice. Stunned reporters then reminded him of some of the receivers’ names, such as Tim Dwight, Reche Caldwell, Eric Parker, and Kevin Dyson, and asked the coach what his opinion of each of them was. Said Schottenheimer, “Tom (sic) Dwight is about as tall as an eighth grader. Reche Caldwell and Eric Parker………never heard of them. Are they in camp? And I believe you are trying to trick me with Kevin Dyson, because he’s a cornerback for the Tennessee Titans. I’m only concerned with the San Diego Chargers football team.” (editor’s note: Kevin Dyson indeed is in Chargers’ training camp. His brother, Andre, plays for Tennessee). Schottenheimer went on to say that the Chargers plan to utilize “a lot” of 4- and 5-tight end sets this season.

2. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

I need a link 88

thanks.
    V

3. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

4. H-TownRules

H-TownRules Veteran

if its true, it sure would make philip river's job easy, all he has to do is hold out the ball for LT, and we all know how good he is at holding out. :)

5. TheTim5125

TheTim5125 Veteran

Thats re-dunkulous... but thats funny.(the pic)

6. HoustonTexans4Life

HoustonTexans4Life Rookie

Let them do it ,,,what you think that if we KNOW LT is gonna run the ball we wont stop him ? I mean theres only so much you can do when ya give it to tha same guy everytime !!! Kinda like if ya know the answers to a test in math class !!! the odds are w/ you :crazy:

7. JDizzle

JDizzle I'm a dude

Man, that's hilarious. LOL ... no WR's ? HAHA.

8. HoustonTexans4Life

HoustonTexans4Life Rookie

Game plan ???? ok i can see it now i can see them watching game fil and preparing for sunday !!!!! "ok guys this is LT he is a running back now he has many specialties he can run to the left the right and up the middle! Now we might have to put an extra practice in this week" Come on ya think theyd really run the ball all game ???? CrAzY well they're offensive coordnator would have a relativly easy season !?!?!?!?

9. BornOrange

BornOrange All Pro

Yeah, I really think we should take this seriously.

We should believe everything we read.

While standing in a checkout line I read that Elvis is still alive, that John Kerry is the son of Gumby, and that a cow gave birth to human triplets after being on the Adkins diet.

10. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

This cannot be true at all. Schottenheimer is a way better coach who cares about his players and he knows how to talk to them. Marty is one of this leagues most class acts and respects the game of football too much to know not to say things like this to and about his team.

11. done88

done88 Veteran

I sense a bit a sarcasm

I believe this is texansfan88's way of saying the Texans should watch the run because the Charger's quarterback is a rookie and their recievers are average. If the Texans can stop LT then they will win the game if not they will lose.

12. jhawktx

jhawktx Rookie

Schottenheimer a class act? He's still coaching 1960's football in the new century. He'd rather pass a kidney stone than pass the football.

13. texansfan88

texansfan88 All Pro

honestly, how in the world would that be serious? I couldnt stop laughing when I was making it up...jeez I cant believe some of you believed it haha

14. LiveForTheGame

LiveForTheGame Veteran

It's about time someone calls it like it is around here...

Do all of you who posted really think a head coach in the NFL would not know who he has in training camp?

Houston fans...

15. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

The Chargers were 12th in the NFL in pass attempts last season. I'll let you guess who was 31st.

16. HoustonLionsFan

HoustonLionsFan Veteran

What a coincidence, I couldn't stop laughing when I read it. But I could see it now, LT gets 55 carries.

17. texansfan88

texansfan88 All Pro

wow, that could mean sharper could end up with 55 tackles after ONE GAME...this could be one record breaking game!

18. texasguy346

texasguy346 Mod Squad

Well looks like Marty decided he's better off without Dyson. Heard he was just released.

19. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Kevin Dyson and the much beloved Kwame Lassiter were both released from the Chargers today. Man, remember when a bunch of people on this board really wanted Lassiter. He may have gotten cut with the Chargers but he still would've been a better player than Matt Frickin Stevens.

20. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Rookie

Whenever you are posting something on a public message board, you could be posting that the sky is green, it doesn't matter, someone will believe you. I don't think it has anything to do with Houston fans.