Deuce McAllister

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by grandslam1, Oct 7, 2006.

1. grandslam1

grandslam1 Veteran

do you guys think the Texans might go after Deuce since i can't imagine that the Saints would keep both Bush and McAllister?

2. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Do you mean as a free agent or try trading for him? If/when he becomes a free agent, then I can see the Texans having interest at least. There's no way he's traded this season though.

3. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

didnt he just sign a 6 year deal, or somethin like that, and NO would have to pay him that bonus, so i doubt there gonna realese him

4. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

They are stuck with a $100 million backfield...

5. chuckm

chuckm Hall of Fame

:) ,,,, realiy bites

6. Texans86

Texans86 All Pro

$160 million when you include Brees' new contract.

7. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

God, I wish we had $160 million invested in two positions over the next 6 years...damn you CC! Oh, and Mario sucks, yeah...go Reggie

8. TFL

TFL Veteran

That would be 3 position not 2. Qb, Rb, Rb

9. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Duece has allready been paid that bonus, so that won't be a factor. Cutting him, trading him will affect the cap, & that will affect what they do.

Bush has got to prove that he can produce. If he continues like he is this year, they more than likely won't be in a big hurry to move McCallister. If Reggie starts showing some real promise, and Payton can't find a way to employ them both, then maybe they'll try to move him.

Duece will be three years into his contract after next season, and be a lot easier to move.

But unless they really get in trouble, and need the money, or an equally high profile player in a needed position, (it would have to be a corner, or WR) I can't see them not keeping the two.

10. jlam

jlam Veteran

Blasphemy!!!:)

Too big of a cap hit I think. And the fact that I would cry like a little girl if I ever saw Deuce in another team's uni.

11. DCSaints_fan

DCSaints_fan Rookie

Contrct details for McCalister:

"Signed an eight-year, $50.1 million contract on 7/29/2005. The deal includes $12.5 million in bonuses. McAllister can earn $14.55 million during the first two years of the deal, and $28.2 million over the first five years. The salaries are $1.45 million in 2006, $2.6 million in 2007 with a $1 million roster bonus, $3.6 million in 2008 with a $1 million roster bonus, and $5.2 million in 2009. The deal also contains annual workout boni of $100,000 per year."

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_contract.aspx?sport=NFL&id=1014

Technically I think the Saints could absorb the cap hit but they aren't going to do it any sooner than after next year at the earliest, because they have already invested most of the money in the signing bonus and his yearly salary is pretty low for an elite back. I think they might have to restructure in a few years if he wants to remain a Saint. Fortunately we are well below the cap now

12. boyo

boyo Rookie

You say this like it is a negative. I wish we were 'stuck' with a $100 million backfield if we could be 4-1... That is reason for them being 4-1. 69% of their offense flows through Bush and McAllister...

13. donato

donato Rookie

Deuce isn't going anywhere. Too important to the Saints and they can afford it with their low cap number.

14. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

Why pay that kind of cheddar for the backfield when you can simply pad your early season win column with games against Green Bay, Cleveland, and Tampa Bay?

15. donato

donato Rookie

And Atlanta, and the Saints almost won at Carolina. I'm sure if the Saints beat Philly this week you'll have some remark for that as well. The Saints are 4-1. What is the Texans record again??? :slap:

16. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Atlanta was a good win..... Carolina..... hmm?? not a bad win, but we'll have to see how the rest of the season pans out to call that a good win.

You beat Philly, & you are for real.

17. boyo

boyo Rookie

Come on. Thats silly. Lets look at who the Eagles have beaten: Us, 49ers, Packers, and Dallas. One win against a good team. Baltimore - One win against a good team. Chargers - One win against a good team. New Orleans - One win against a good team. The Bears are the only team with a great record that has beaten more than one decent team.

18. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

Bears look like they are the real deal.