Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Deshaun Watson - Out for the Year - Torn ACL

A partial list of Astros with a history of injuries: Verlander, Keuchel, McCullers, Morton, McHugh, Springer, Bregman, Altuve, and Correa. Be sure and spit your vemon on the Astros if they EVER re-sign any of these "Texan type" players.

Tell me more about their injuries were they ACL's and did they have those injuries coming out of college?

Frank Gore is an example of this he tore his ACL twice in college and has been one of the most durable RB's in the league for a decade.

Willis McGahee played 10 seasons after college left knee ACL, PCL and MCL tears requiring multiple surgeries. No knee injury until 10 years later when Quentin Jammer put a helmet directly into his right knee tearing the MCL.

Still a 1st round pick even though he would miss his entire rookie season.

Awwww man this blows!

Watson is such a good kid too.

This year has been a disaster football wise. We need the rockets to win the title to offset this curse. :D

Awwww man this blows!

Watson is such a good kid too.

This year has been a disaster football wise. We need the rockets to win the title to offset this curse. :D
The Astros winning is plenty! I'm super excited for the downtown parade tomorrow. 2017 World Series Champions!!!! They may win three or four World Series titles in a row. They're a dynasty in the making. Houston seems like a baseball town now. The Texans and Rockets won't disappoint me while I'm too busy enjoying the Astros.

The Rockets may have some hope with Tillman Fertitta as owner but the Warriors aren't going anywhere for two or three more years. The Rockets won't realistically win another championship until 2019 or 2020 at the earliest, and by then who knows how dominant James Harden will still be or what talent we'll have around him.

The Houston Texans could be very good next season if, and it's a tremendously big IF, Deshaun Watson, J.J. Watt and Whitney Mercilus can all remain healthy. Maybe the Texans will play in an AFC Championship Game sometime in the next year or two.

Last edited:
I blame the Astros.

One team beats the Houston curse.... its gotta strike another Houston team harder.

Willis McGahee played 10 seasons after college left knee ACL, PCL and MCL tears requiring multiple surgeries. No knee injury until 10 years later when Quentin Jammer put a helmet directly into his right knee tearing the MCL.

Still a 1st round pick even though he would miss his entire rookie season.

Of course there is always Joe Namath who played with cartilage damage in his right knee through nearly all of his senior year before being drafted in the 1st round (of the AFL).

And then this guy named Johnny Unitas who missed a good chunk of his senior year after a plethora of injuries. Of course Johnny wasn't drafted high, yet he became one of the greatest, like Tom Brady.

Speaking of Brady, at the age of 31, he suffered both an ACL and an MCL at the same time. That was nearly a decade ago and two Superb Owls later.

I blame the Astros.

One team beats the Houston curse.... its gotta strike another Houston team harder.
If that's the sacrifice we've got to make to the almighty sport Gods then so be it. I can see the Astros winning three or four World Series titles in a row. They have all the makings of a special dynasty. So it could be some more long years for the Texans, and Rockets for that matter, if that's the case.

I love all three Houston pro teams equally. So if you can guarantee me one of them wins multiple championships and the other two suck, I'll probably take it. I'm happy right now. That's all I know! I'd otherwise be devastated and sad with the Deshaun Watson injury by itself. But because the Astros won my spirits are high right now.

source.gif

A classic song to cheer Deshaun Watson up.
He'll be back better than ever in 2018!

If that's the sacrifice we've got to make to the almighty sport Gods then so be it. I can see the Astros winning three or four World Series titles in a row. They have all the makings of a special dynasty. So it could be some more long years for the Texans, and Rockets for that matter, if that's the case.

I love all three Houston pro teams equally. So if you can guarantee me one of them wins multiple championships and the other two suck, I'll probably take it. I'm happy right now. That's all I know! I'd otherwise be devastated and sad with the Deshaun Watson injury by itself. But because the Astros won my spirits are high right now.

I hate baseball and basketball so Id trade all the titles of all other Houston sports for one Texans SB win. (Not that I expected this to be our year.... was just nice to have an offense.)

Nope.

I wanted him outside the pocket as often as possible , just not with running as the first option.
Wasn't directed at you, I agree with you 100%. But CnD and steelb prefer that their QB stand in the pocket like a statue and get drilled by the pass rushers. I prefer escaping the pressure and avoiding any contact, but they are convinced that playing style is what causes injuries. Even if you are doing the exact opposite of that when you get injured.

So basically the only good thing that can come from this season is Tom Savage playing really well, well enough to fool a team into giving at least a 3rd or 2nd rounder for him ala Matt Schaub or Garropolo.

Reactions: ROO
I hate baseball and basketball so Id trade all the titles of all other Houston sports for one Texans SB win. (Not that I expected this to be our year.... was just nice to have an offense.)
Actually, if Watson, Watt and Mercilus had stayed healthy, I believe the Houston Texans could have made it to the AFC Championship Game, and possibly Super Bowl, in the next year or two. They may have even made some noise this season.

I think you should learn to like the Astros if you're not a hardcore fan. I truly enjoyed their play all year long. They may have saved my life under the circumstances (poor health. Hurricane Harvey, etc... etc...). Just a tremendous joy to watch them win their first ever World Series Title. If the Texans ever win their first Super Bowl I'd feel the same way.

Quick question: Let's say Tom Savage and Matt McGloin both suffer season-ending injuries in the next game or two: Would we then be desperate enough to perhaps sign Collin Kaepernick or even Robert Griffin III just to finish the season? At what point do the lack of options become concerning? There is still a heck of a lot of football to play this season. At 3-4 we're still in the playoff hunt.

Quick question: Let's say Tom Savage and Matt McGloin both suffer season-ending injuries in the next game or two: Would we then be desperate enough to perhaps sign Collin Kaepernick or even Robert Griffin III just to finish the season? At what point do the lack of options become concerning? There is still a heck of a lot of football to play this season. At 3-4 we're still in the playoff hunt.
If the Texans were smart they would already be working on signing Kaepernick. Unlike you, I think the season is now lost already so football wise it doesn't matter. Trying to sign Kaep would be the perfect antidote to McNair's stupid inmate comment. Also it would destroy Kaep's case against the NFL for collusion. At this point Kaep probably doesn't really want to sign, so the Texans get the benefits of undoing McNair's comment and killing the collusion case for free. Worse comes to worse, he signs and you only have to have him in the rest of a lost season.

But RG3? Hell no.

knock on wood I just hope this aint the same storyline has RGIII were he was never the same after injury hopefully we don't rush back Watson Now ...????

We should of sign Collin now over Mclovin BS poltics are going over football Moves IMO

On a side note y'all might want to try and trade fuller if you have him in your fantasy leagues. No way he gets they same production without Watson. Hopkins probably still a safe bet though

Would Colin ever agree to veteran's minimum 1 year contract with incentives? I doubt it...too much pride to accept that type of offer. He'd take a knee before accepting a contract below his self perceived value.

It's a real shame Case is doing so well in Minnesota b/c had Bradford stayed healthy and with the return of Bridgewater.....Case might've became a FA and the Texans could've gotten him for a veteran's minimum contract

Last edited:
So basically the only good thing that can come from this season is Tom Savage playing really well, well enough to fool a team into giving at least a 3rd or 2nd rounder for him ala Matt Schaub or Garropolo.

Nope. Tom's a free agent after the season and we're gonna let him walk. I don't think we can get a damn thing for him.

If the Texans were smart they would already be working on signing Kaepernick. Unlike you, I think the season is now lost already so football wise it doesn't matter. Trying to sign Kaep would be the perfect antidote to McNair's stupid inmate comment. Also it would destroy Kaep's case against the NFL for collusion. At this point Kaep probably doesn't really want to sign, so the Texans get the benefits of undoing McNair's comment and killing the collusion case for free. Worse comes to worse, he signs and you only have to have him in the rest of a lost season.

But RG3? Hell no.

I wouldn't dismiss RGIII out of hand like that. That's just me. I don't hold anything that players have done in Cleveland (or that Cleveland has done to players) against them. I'd bring RGIII in for a look and see if he wants to try and step into DW4's shoes for 9 games. It might be his last chance at resurrecting his career and you never know. Come 2018 he's a whole hell of a lot better suited to back up Watson than Savage or McLovin is.

I honestly mean nothing against you personally, but this is complete BS. Is it possible he partially tore it in the game? Sure. But there is no way you know what play in which he did. I appreciate all the effort on injury updates and estimated recovery times, etc. BUT predicting further injury to Texans players and going as far as claiming you know the play he was injured on...I do not appreciate. The Texans have an educated medical staff that doesn’t google search for information. They would’ve seen this if a fan on Texans talk can. But they didn’t and neither did you or anyone else.
CnD just happens to be a surgeon who has an extensive track record of being ~95% correct when diagnosing injuries. He's certainly not just "a fan on Texans Talk" using google for information.

knock on wood I just hope this aint the same storyline has RGIII were he was never the same after injury hopefully we don't rush back Watson Now ...????
Rg3 wasn’t the same because of his own doing. He allowed too much ego in the way and he was all about him. Deshaun is the complete opposite of that. Have no worries about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rg3 wasn’t the same because of his own doing. He allowed too much ego in the way and he was all about him. Deshaun is the complete opposite of that. Have no worries about that.

RG3 was ruined by Shanahan, who always put his career as coach above the players' health.

But RG3? Hell no.

I'd rather have McGloin than Krapernick. McGloin actually did a fairly decent job when he was QBing for the Raiders.

For those worrying it is an RG3 type injury.

RG3 tore his MCL,LCL,ACL in his first knee injury. That is about 10x worse than what Deshaun just did.

Kaep is a trouble maker and we don't need his politics. Sign Manziel if he's eligible and let him play his game. Someone mentioned Fuller not being effective with any other QB. Manziel will find both Fuller and Hop. Manziel just likes to live it up. As long as his game shows up Sundays, I have no problem. Reminds me of Bobby Lane in that respect.

Kaep is a trouble maker and we don't need his politics. Sign Manziel if he's eligible and let him play his game. Someone mentioned Fuller not being effective with any other QB. Manziel will find both Fuller and Hop. Manziel just likes to live it up. As long as his game shows up Sundays, I have no problem. Reminds me of Bobby Lane in that respect.

You have to hate Kapernick's politics an awful lot to actually want to get likely out-of-shape Johnny Football off the couch. Newsflash, there are plenty of other players who agree with Kap. You want to run them out of the league too?

Manziel hahahahahahaha

You have to hate Kapernick's politics an awful lot to actually want to get likely out-of-shape Johnny Football off the couch. Newsflash, there are plenty of other players who agree with Kap. You want to run them out of the league too?
NGDTR (not going down that rabbit hole)

RG3 was ruined by Shanahan, who always put his career as coach above the players' health.

He was ruined between the ears by Snyder too. Story goes Snyder came into the locker room after Cousins led them to victory while RG3 was hurt. Snyder didn't say a word to Cousins about leading the team to victory but chatted it up with RG3. Shannahan had to tell Snyder not to do that because the players saw that, were pissed, and it could cost Shannahan the locker room.

Snyder was always whispering sweet nothings in RG3s ears.

Dude, you just brought up Manziel and don't appear to have been joking. Every person who reads this is going to think you just went "Full Retard" and that probably includes Johnny football sitting on a couch somewhere in his underwear still drunk from last night's party.

I can see him staring at his iPhone screen and saying "No ****? Seriously?"

Let him play his game? What are you gonna do? Buy him his own bar to drink in?

Dude, you just brought up Manziel and don't appear to have been joking. Every person who reads this is going to think you just went "Full Retard" and that probably includes Johnny football sitting on a couch somewhere in his underwear still drunk from last night's party.

I can see him staring at his iPhone screen and saying "No ****? Seriously?"

Let him play his game? What are you gonna do? Buy him his own bar to drink in?
In my mind, bringing up Manziel is no more retarded than all the nit wit comments suggesting Keip or RG3.

We apparently are going to sign Yates. I'm fine with this, as well as McGloin.

So, who are we signing after McGroin and Yates? You know we haven't seen the last of the QB carousel, we're only halfway through the season.

Reactions: ROO
Dabo:

I talked to Deshaun late this afternoon and we are disappointed. But, he is a person who has had some setbacks in his life, and always comes back stronger. Since he went through the rehab before, he knows what it takes.

“At least this happened in the middle of the season and he has had the opportunity to show what he can do. I see today he was named the AFC Offensive Player of the Month for October. It would have been so much worse if it happened in training camp.

“This is so similar to the 2014 season, his freshman year at Clemson. In his first career start against North Carolina, he threw a school record six touchdown passes, then he had four more (two rushing and two passing) the next week against NC State. Then he suffered an injury during the Georgia Tech game.

“Now he leads the NFL in touchdown passes and this happens.

“All he did after the injury in 2014 was come back and lead us to the National Championship game twice and of course we won it last year. He started all 30 games the last two years here.

“I have not doubt he will come back from this. He has the resolve. His work ethic and drive are incredible.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/03/dabo-swinney-reacts-to-deshaun-watsons-torn-acl/

Back