desensitized?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by mussop, Oct 18, 2011.

1. mussop

mussop Hall of Fame

Has this fan base been desensitized to losing?

Make (someone) less likely to feel shock or distress at scenes of cruelty, violence, or suffering by overexposure to such images.

I can't believe some of the crap excuses I have been reading on here lately. It's amazing that it's going to take yet another lost season before this fan base bands together and starts demanding change. I just don't get it.

2. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Until folks quit buying tickets and showing up for games, Uncle Bob thinks everything is just hunky dorie.

steelbtexan likes this.
  3. srrono

srrono Hall of Fame

Are you joking? every monday after a loss there is 10,000 threads gripn about loss

4. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

EXACTLY. Spare me the "desensitized" take.

5. The1ApplePie

The1ApplePie Hall of Fame

Yep.

Man, the Texans without AJ are nigh-unwatchable on TV though. I wonder what next week's ratings will be.

6. mussop

mussop Hall of Fame

And there are 50,000 more that make excuses why we shouldn't worry. Until there is a public outcry and people stop going to the games this will continue. If you like sucking then sit back and enjoy the ride and leave us people alone that want/expect more for our money/loyalty. Actually it's not Kubiak, McNair or even the team that is the problem. It's the people that have excepted this joke of a franchise and continue to support it without question.

7. MojoMan

MojoMan Hall of Fame

When in danger, or in doubt.
    Run in circles, scream and shout.

Vinny likes this.
  8. GP

GP Go Texans!

Yep.

The Saints shamed their owner by wearing paper bags over their faces, and ownership finally made some appropriate upper-level moves to address the team's woes. One of the Saints fans, Guido, was on here during the week of our Saints game this season...told us all about it. Interesting story.

Bob is swayed by appearances. He wants to give off GOOD appearances. So when the stadium is still full, and if fans are relatively happy enough that they are not incessantly boo'ing the team or coaches off the field, he is going to think that "the appearance" seems to indicate all is well in Texansville.

It is hard to think that fans should have to resort to what I think we all agree is borderline "bad form" by boo'ing your guys out there. Or not even going to games anymore. Etc., etc. What do you do if you're a fan of a team and you know that the leadership (the head coach) has created a perpetual sense of doom every season...regardless of having fielded a pretty decent team?

Every week that goes by, we get closer to seeing the playoff landscape for the whole NFL. Teams weed themselves out, some cling to life support, and others gallop off into a comfortable lead in their divisions.

This team, IMO, is somewhere between weeding themselves out and clinging to life support. Each week we learn more about the 2011 Texans, and each week you get the sense that we know the outcome before it occurs.

ObsiWan likes this.

9. Kthx

Kthx All Pro

Desensitized me no.

Made me into a weekend Alcoholic yes.

10. Goatcheese

Goatcheese Nightmare Over

Desensitized?

No.

Hyper-reactionary to the point that they shit all over themselves and everyone in close proximity every time that the Texans "loose" a game?

Definitely.

MojoMan likes this.
  11. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

It's more like an abused wife. Every time the Texans raise their arm (expectations) we cower cringe and hope they don't hit us again.

12. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

They've been desensitized for years. I've thought that since year 3 of the Kubiak era.

13. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

14. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

Wait - are you talking about:

A) part of the fan base

B) the Texans progress the last few years under Kubes

15. MojoMan

MojoMan Hall of Fame

A) part of the fan base

16. CoastalTexan

CoastalTexan Veteran

Let Bob feel it in his pocket, he is a businessman he will get the point. We should've moved on from Kubiak years ago, Average is ok in Kubiak's book.

17. mussop

mussop Hall of Fame

See thats the problem. Only part of the fan base has figured out that this team has reached it's ceiling with Kubiak. The rest keep hoping and dreaming that Mr. nice guy is somehow going to magically figure out how to take this team and lead it to the promise land.

It's really sad that its going to take another whole year of 500 to make some of you finally join us. 6 years and NOTHING has changed, NOTHING. Here we are more than a third of the way through this season and here we are back at 500. Still you keep looking past the big picture and trying to figure out what is broken when the answer is right in front of you.

Meanwhile other teams that have been far worse than us make changes and are turning the corner in no time flat. The saddest part of it all is that Andre Johnson is starting the downhill side of his career and will probably have to end it as a looser. He deserves better. We deserve better.

You guys that keep insisting that things will get better remind me of a woman that keeps getting slapped around by a man but won't leave because she still believes he loves her.

McNair on conference call with other owners.

McNair: You know what you say to a fan base with two black eyes?
    Other Owners: What?
    McNair: Nothing, you done told them bitches twice.
    McNair and other Owners: HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA
    McNair: Stupid ****ers just keep coming back for more. HAHHAHAHAHAHHA.....POW!!!!!!!!!!! RIGHT IN THE KISSER!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHHAHAHAH:gun:

18. MojoMan

MojoMan Hall of Fame

As a true Texans fan, I guess I am just not ready to start rooting for the opposing teams to beat the Texans yet. Go figure.

19. mussop

mussop Hall of Fame

Double post

20. mussop

mussop Hall of Fame

Stupid!! Just because some of us have had enough of this .500 crap doesn't mean we aren't "true Texan fans" or are rooting for the opposing teams to beat the Texans. If I wasn't a true Texans fan would I have been on this MB religiously for the past however many years?

But hey make shit up if it makes you feel like a true fan. Keep pretending that your point of view is only that of true fans. Pretending is what you all do best.