Derrick Ward bad-mouthing Tampa...

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Rey, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Rey

Rey Guest

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/foot...their-goals-lower-than-houston-texans/1126599

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/oc...bucs-says-houston-more-committed/sports-bucs/

2. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

Jackass.

3. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

Look on the bright side, he likes it here.

4. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

He's right, Tampa sucks. :)

Ougta keep his trap shut though. :choke:

5. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

'Course he likes it here. He went from 400 yards last year to 6 yds. a carry with the Texans blockers. He just needs to not be so bluntly honest.

6. m5kwatts

m5kwatts Hall of Fame

I'd bet Rick Smith told him exactly that.

7. Ckw

Ckw Guest

I agree to a point. Guys do need to be careful about what they say to the media, but the fact is Tampa sucks and the run game is pitiful. 4th worst in the entire league. Also, unless he changed big time between the time he was released and when we signed him, it was messed up for the Bucs to call him overweight. I'd be pretty pissed if it was me.

8. Rey

Rey Guest

Yeah, if they were spreading rumors that he was over weight just to keep teams from wanting to sign him that's pretty low from Tampa's end.

To be fair to Ward, they haven't had a running game really...So if they tried to make him the scapegoat then shame on them.

I generally don't agree with people airing their disputes and would rather them keep their head down and keep working though.

9. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

What he needs to do about it is compete with Foster and BUST one for a TD the first time he carries against the Giants. :)

10. BIG TORO

BIG TORO TERADACTYL #23

Well all I have to say is he better put his money where his mouth is and run like he wanted to run against the giant this year!

11. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

I think he will be an asset to this team. But, if he had been here before last season, he may not have had so much to say about the subject.

That being said, now he should show running of his legs instead of running of his mouth.

12. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

As a Giants fan I loved the guy when he was there. He is great as a change up guy not the featured guy. That is what he was in NY and that is what he is here. Tampa signed him to be the featured guy and that he is not. So what we got vs the Raiders is the same Ward I was watching in NY.

Also keep in mind what the Bucs were saying about him when they released him. Not only were they saying he was overweight, they also said something along the lines that he was just "not a good football player". That is a pretty bad insult. The Bucs should have released him and wished him well instead of leaking that stuff to the press.

Ward is just firing back at them. Of course he waited to have a good game to do so.

I am not saying he should have fired back but that is human nature.

13. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

I wish this guy ran as fast as he talks. This guy is majorly s-l-o-w on the football field. That TD last week... it'll never happen again.

Play football, moron.

14. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

At least right now anyway.....*holds breath*

15. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

so he bad mouths Tampa, so do we. As long as he performs well as a backup, he's OK in my book.

16. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

He's not bad mouthing Tampa Bay. He's totally throwing them under the bus. Unnecessary because we don't play Tampa Bay this season.

If i were that o-line, I'd spitball rolls of toilet paper all over his house. In the offseason of course.

17. DownByContact

DownByContact Homer

sounds like retaliation for what Tampa said about him when they released him

18. The1ApplePie

The1ApplePie Hall of Fame

Yep

He was an overpaid failure in Tampa that got beat out by an undrafted rookie. Seems like he'd be happy to have all the money he was given up front. He has a chance to breathe life into his career here as the No. 3 back, hope he doesn't waste it.

19. SrslySirius

SrslySirius Veteran

This is a lame double-standard in sports. We see franchises as faceless entities. When "undisclosed sources close to a team" sling mud at a player, nobody thinks anything of it. In fact, people usually just hate on the player even more. Even when owners/managers/coaches do it publicly, you rarely see a lot of backlash from it.

But when a player takes a shot at a team, even when it is completely warranted, he is seen as disgruntled or having attitude problems. People seem to think that players never have any legitimate reason to air their grievances and that they should always keep their mouths shut. But for some reason that rule doesn't apply to management and ownership.

HouTxFan likes this.
  20. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

I just hope he impacts the Texans like Pollard did. Can you imagine if Foster continues his ways, Ward gets about 500 yard with a 5.0 avg and Slaton settles into the role he was drafted for? Tate? Just a big old scoop of ice cream to finish off this perfect meal!