Derek Carr

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by PHILLYTEXANFAN, Sep 25, 2013.

1. PHILLYTEXANFAN

PHILLYTEXANFAN All Pro

Thoughts of this kid coming here? Possible 3rd or 4th rd pick.

2. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

[​IMG]

HJam72 likes this.
  3. Bulls on Parade

Bulls on Parade Hall of Fame

He looked just like his older brother in that bowl game last year. Maybe worth a gamble in the 5th round if he drops from where he is projected to be drafted. I just don't see a future pro quarterback in him. At best a backup in the NFL.

4. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

It would be amazing for completely horrible reasons.

5. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

Maybe he could wear #8 to revive all those Carr jerseys.

:brickwall:

6. Pollardized

Pollardized Division Champ

Be completely honest here - say the Texans spent a 5th, 6th or 7th round pick on him, would you finally lose all faith in the franchise and their ability to evaluate talent and make the right decisions?

7. Speedy

Speedy Yeller Dweller

I'd be more worried about them dropping somebody from their board just because he's related to somebody that didn't work out.

I know nothing about Derek Carr, so I can't give an opinion of his talent. That said, a 5th, 6th or 7th pick on a QB, any QB, is nothing more than a project pick at best and the Texans already have 2 of those currently on the roster. So I think it would be a wasted pick in that sense. A 2nd or 3rd round grade, maybe a different story, but yeah, I could see the knee-jerk, what have you done for me lately morons...aka..."fans", getting all butt hurt over it.

8. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Wasn't Hulk75 on this MB Derek Carr?

If so, I would pass on picking him. Will it be mandatory that Rodger Carr attend all practices and help coach Derek? Pass

9. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

No, that was the middle brother who was once a d-lineman at UH.

10. htownfan32

htownfan32 Hall of Fame

Sins of the brother are not his.

I've really not watched him, but if our FO feels he is worth a later round pick, why not?

11. Wolf6151

Wolf6151 Hall of Fame

I know nothing about Derek Carr, but IF he did fall in the draft which is very doubtful since QB's are a prized commodity, why would we waste a 5th-7th round pick on him when we have 2 very capable backups now. What's Carr going to bring to the team that Yates and Keenum don't already have?

12. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

Pedigree lol

13. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Let's remember, he also comes with his father!:overreact:

14. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Hopefully the Carr family has thicker skin now....sitting on a mb all day defending your brother's bad play must have been mentally stimulating. That said, don't get that family anywhere near this franchise...please.

15. Pollardized

Pollardized Division Champ

Think we could also get David to help out at practice? Maybe teach Schaub the finer points of fetal positioning?

At least Carr had a reason to hit the ground every other snap - no offensive line protection.

16. Farough

Farough Site Contributor

If they think he can play then I am fine with drafting him. I trust they know what they are doing by now. I think they have proven themselves so far in their drafts. If they draft him they will treat him like any other player anyways.

17. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Nothing but wildcard wins at home against the Bengals.

The Texans are currently in a bind due to their QB's lame foot and lack of depth. I think it's telling that the Broncos lost Clady the same week that the Texans lost Brown. The Broncos started a FA LT and didn't seem to miss a beat. The Texans on the other hand score a grand total of 9 pts,

So I dont think Rick/Gary/Wade have proven anyting other than they aren't as good as the elite teams in the draft.

I'm really disappointed in Wade's handpicked choices of Mercilus and Harris. They are avg/roster filler at best. Meanwhile Justin Houston who they took Mercilus over has 7.5 sacks this season and played in the SEC instead of a weak Big10. It probably will take Mercilus a full season to accumulate 7.5 sacks. Several draftniks on this MB had Houston going to the Texans in the 1-2nd rd.

So no, the Texans have done OK drafting, they certianly haven't knocked it out of the park. See the Montgomery/B.Williams picks as examples in the 2013 draft. That Bonner dude they drafted must be a stud, even though I dont remember him from preseason.

18. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

Find me any GM (or team) that hits on more than a quarter of their draft picks every year. Go ahead, I'll wait.