Derek Anderson's Meltdown

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Mr. Texan, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Mr. Texan

Mr. Texan I'm A Texan

2. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

Maybe him and Deuce were discussing AJ's beatdown of Courtney Innegan. That's why they were laughing.

3. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got AJ?

AwfulAnnouncing link

Youtube link is case the story goes off page 1

Coors Light commercial coming it 5......4.....3........

I pretty much agree with AA's writer on this. I will add that I thought Gruden just wouldn't shut up about anything last night. Nothing new there.

4. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got AJ?

Crap. Sorry. Mods please delete or move to the first thread on the subject. My bad. :smiliepalm:

Thanks. (That's what I get for starting a thread before coffee)

5. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

He was sitting next to Lutui, who's known to be a jokester. So meh, who cares

6. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

All he needed to do to make that an instant "classic" is to have mixed in a "Knock it off!!"

7. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

I'm taking Derek Anderson's side here.

They had no clue whatsoever as to why Anderson was laughing or smiling. Gruden's take on it was BS, and that reporter absolutely deserved the reaction that he got.

Both of them need to make a public apology to Derek Anderson.

8. GP

GP Go Texans!

After this past weekend, I need to revise my head coaching candidate list:

1. Bill Cowher

2. Bill Cowher

3. Bill Cowher

Because Jeff Fisher has no class, and he whined all game long. I think I have over-estimated him by a mile. I didn't like what I saw from him. At all. And actually, he has always been a whiner and never stands up for truth when it's HIS team benefitting from questionable calls.

And then there's Gruden, who made much ado about nothing. For the sake of having something to talk about...he has brought down a firestorm on a QB. Look, I don't think Derek Anderson is a good QB. He's a poor man's Favre, and that's stretching it, actually. However, your team has been mired in ugliness since Warner left, you're the guy at QB, things aren't going well for you and your team, and you can't have a smile on the sideline? So we all need to look like we're at a funeral and THAT will cure the team's ills?

Therefore, I wouldn't want a crap-starting guy like Gruden as my team's HC. Maybe this is why he lost the locker room in Tampa? Because he starts stuff like this? Just thinking out loud.

Maybe Kubiak isn't the guy for this job, but I know two guys that just dropped off my list pretty quickly. They've revealed a lot about themselves in the span of three days. Just my two cents. I got a whole 'nother perspective from those events these past three days.

9. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I agree completely. NFL Network kept showing Anderson smiling IN SLOW MOTION, so it looked like he was sitting there grinning like the Cheshire Cat for 5 minutes.

This just in: players are human. *gasp!* He smiled! OMG! OMG!!

The media can be a bunch of doofuses too much of the time.

I'm actually starting to dig Kubiak again after giving AJ the game ball, for "60 catches in 8 seasons", of course... :winky:

I like Bill Cowher (top of my coaching wish list), but the pragmatic side of me realizes that he'll need the Steelers front office to make it work. He did not win that championship in a vacuum.

10. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

I understand it's not really a big deal, but way to show more heart at the post game presser than during the game that basically ends your season.

11. GP

GP Go Texans!

Anderson would have been wiser to have NOT blown up at the presser.

He should have just laughed and said "Wow. So I can't smile unless we're winning? Come on guys, does that sound logical? Nobody is satisfied with how things are going. I'd rather stay positive and smile than mope around."

12. Mr. Texan

Mr. Texan I'm A Texan

i really hope coors light does a commercial off this.

13. GP

GP Go Texans!

Beer guy: "Derek! Derek! We're going to put down our Coors Light and go grab a few winecoolers and watch some tennis. You wanna' go with us?"

Anderson: "I take this serious! I take this real serious!"

Beer guy: "OK, OK...sorry. We thought it would be fun."

Anderson: [silent, but with eyes bulging and staring]

Beer guy: [awkwardly smiling, saying nothing]

Beer guy #2: (whispering to beer guy 1) "Dude, don't smile. stop smiling already..."

Anderson: [still there with eyes bulging, and still staring]

Beer guy: "You're right, Derek. I wasn't taking this serious like I should have."

Anderson: [still there with eyes bulging, and still staring]

Beer guy #2: "When can we smile again, because this is getting awwwkwarrrd..."

14. Blake

Blake MMQB

Another case of the media trying to make the story and not report them.

15. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

All the QB had to say was "I had just farted.." every man and woman would have understood and no more story.

16. Blake

Blake MMQB

Lol so true. Or maybe Deuce smelled like he dropped a deuce in his pants.

17. midway

midway Veteran

This is a complete non-story. I can't believe the reporter was pushing it like he was. In every group of people there's someone who uses levity to try to break the tension and get everyone relaxed again and maybe get them to start performing better because of it. Granted, that game looked like it would be awful so I didn't watch it, but I think my point still stands.

18. Rey

Rey Guest

I can guarantee that if this were the first game of the season no one would be telling jokes and no one would be smiling.

The Cardinals are having an awful season. At some point when things just keep going down hill, as a human being you will find something to lighten the mood just so you don't go insane or cause yourself too much stress.

I understand what Gruden was saying because I've been on competitive teams before and if you are losing or if something is going bad, no one is going to be cracking jokes and no one is going to be smiling.

I would say that most competitive teams would not have players smiling in that situation...JMO.

19. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

They should mix that with Greens "Crown them" and Anderson's "It's not funny"

20. GP

GP Go Texans!

I thought the same thing.