Denver RBs on the Block

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by ArlingtonTexan, Mar 24, 2009.

1. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/03/broncos-looking-to-trade-running-back/

2. Polo

Polo Guest

I'll trade next years 7th for Selvin

3. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

No thank you on Selvin Young, as I have seen way too much of him to know he is not worth givin up anything for other than league minimum.

I did like Hillis at Arkansas and before the injury.

4. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

Torain is a beast. I think he has some injury history though.

I like Hillis as well.

5. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

torain had alot of pre-season hype from denver fans.. dont know if its justified or not cos he got injured before nearly anyone saw him

hillis did lok good

wouldnt mind giving up a late rounder on either

6. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

Hillis was the most consistent RB that Denver had last season that came out of nowhere when he got his chance because all of their backs got hurt. If the Texans want a nice guy and a bruiser to pair with Slaton than here is the guy. When he was playing, he was doing everything from running in between the tackles to catching short passes, he was a total utility player for them. He would be a very big help to this team no question. There is absolutely no reason why we shouldn't be going after this guy and trying to trade a late rounder especially since we were going after Ced Benson. If we could get Hillis, that would take a lot of the importance away from having to use a pick in the 3rd or 4th on a RB to pair with Slaton.

If HIllis goes to a team that utilizes his strengths he'll be a nice player to have for many years. He is really young and doesn't have a lot of miles on him either. Plus he already knows the running system that we run over here.

7. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

I remember someone on this board was all over the Hillis train last year?

I can't remember who it was though? Beerlover maybe? Or Threetoedpete? I think it was one of them, or both.

8. Texecutioner

I never knew who he was until last season, but when he got his chance he was all over the place getting those tough yards that the Broncos had been lacking in getting all season. Unfortunately he got hurt in like his 3rd start or something like that. The dude was all utility type of player though that could play well on basically any team.

9. Dean 74

Dean 74 Rookie

c'mon guys,
    don't we love the hometown guys? ;)
    selvin comming from jersey village high and being a longhorn?

10. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

I really liked him at Arkansas. He played FB and I think he was all conference.

He isn't the best blocker for a FB, but he runs very well and he can catch out of the backfield.

11. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

don't be surprised if the Texans take a look at one or all since they fit ZBS & Kubiak has a proclivity for Shanahan players :scarygirl:

12. WolverineFan

WolverineFan Hall of Fame

Well instead of drafting a big RB in the 3rd or 4th round we could send a late round pick to Denver for Hillis. He's a big bruising RB and already has experience in the zone blocking scheme. Actually he was very effective in it last year. I also love Ryan Torain, but it seems like he's been injured every season since he was a SOPH in college.

13. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Who was the kid that came from UofH that tore us up in the preseason game last year? Can't we trade for him?

14. Texecutioner

He found the end zone in every game he started last season I believe. He is the kind of bruiser that we could use in the red zone. If Smith isn't trying to pull off a deal on a guy like this that could easily help the team that should be able to be had for a late pick like 6th or something, I won't ever expect the Texans to go after any real free agents. This is a guy that could be had for cheap right now, and exactly what we need. Mcdaniels is letting a lot of those Broncos players go right now and all but Cutler will probably go for a bargain since teams know that Mcdaniels doesn't want them and if they keep those guys Mcdaniels probably won't utilize certain players any way, so it's pretty useless to keep them.

15. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Just asking...we got an extra 4th right? So we have a pick to spend. Not necessarily a 4th but what I'm saying is getting rid of a pick for a player with experience (good experience at that) doesn't hurt the number of picks we have in this year's draft. I say make the deal and get it done.

P.S. Can someone remind me how we got the extra 4th again?

16. WolverineFan

WolverineFan Hall of Fame

Traded Sage to the Vikings.

17. Brando

Brando Site Contributor

Anthony Aldridge? He was waived by Denver and picked up by Washington.

18. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

At 6'2" and 250#, he is a bruiser, difficult to bring down. Last year, when given a chance, he managed 5 yds/carry for 5 TDs and no fumbles. He knows the system. But here's the hooker............he's coming off a December injury leading to post-season hamstring repair. Despite this, he should have enough time to rehab adequately by OT. And this type of repaired injury is less likely to recur than a pure tear. I say bring him in.

19. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

Hillis is exactly the kind of player I would think McDaniels likes and would want to keep.

In anycase, I'd definitely give up a late round pick for the guy. He could be a GREAT fullback in this system and a good guy to split carries with Slaton. I would be excited about that.

20. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

That use of his talent was not that highly touted at the time of his draft. However, with the correct coaching, this could be a definite dual potential.:

[LINK]