Dennison Accepts

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by SAMURAITEXAN, Jan 4, 2010.

1. SAMURAITEXAN

SAMURAITEXAN Subscribed Contributor

It is more than likely Shanahan will be joining his dad in DC. Who would be our OC candidate for next year? Your thoughts?

2. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

STEEL BLUE TEXANS Hall of Fame

Mike Munchak

3. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

I want the offensive version of Frank Bush! :)

4. TimeKiller

TimeKiller Guest

This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not
    Do any of our current coaches have sons?

5. Goatcheese

Goatcheese Nightmare Over

Kubiak. Just like every other year.

6. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

I just don't see Big Shanny putting himself in a postion to be accused of nepotism by hiring his son to such an important position on a team. Just don't see it.

I do see, but not next year, Little Shanny being pursued by other teams as their OC. As a OC, Little Shanny is still a bit new and needs one more year before he is fully marketable.

PHAROAH likes this.
  7. PHAROAH

PHAROAH All Pro

I agree with Thorn and I think that he will get a bump in pay and he will stay with the Texans!!!

8. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

If I were Kyle, I would remember how quickly that owner gets rid of coordinators and just stay where I am at. Right now you got a pretty darn good offense going here. You get in the playoffs next season, a team will want you to be the OC somewhere.

9. Bubbajwp

Bubbajwp All Flopper

Kyle would get 0 credit for the offense if he worked under his dad. Most people dont even give him credit being behind Kubiak. He should definetly stay a few more years. Then go out on his own.

10. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

For now I am pleased with going into next season with the same coachs at the top. Kubes, Shanny and Bush are a heck of a lot better top three than a lot of teams have. Could we do better? Yes, but for now I'm good with what we have.

11. No More 8-8's

No More 8-8's Veteran

I kind of agree with you, but i think the question is , "if Shanahan leaves this year, do we have any replacements in line in our organization?"

12. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Well, first off, I don't think Shanahan leaves, but if he does I'm sure there are OCs out there to be had this off season. Kubes and Gibbs still run the offense for the most part anyway, so I'm not worried about it. Now, if Gibbs and Shanahan both leave, I might worry a bit, but I think Kubiak will find someone to come in and run the system the way he wants it run.

As to an inside promotion, I am not familiar enough with the lower tier coachs to answer that. I think they'd go outside the organization if both Gibbs and Shannan leave.

13. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

Yup.

Why should he? According to various reports the only full game he called last year was the finale with Chicago and that at various times this year ( we still don't have a real good clue about how much or when) Gary has re-taken play calling duties.

What makes anyone think he really is even ready for a real OC gig, the questionable play calls at times (Half back pass anyone?), and going into a shell in the second half?

You know honestly why would he or Gary, for that matter, want to leave Houston? Really it's the best gig in the NFL. Anything good that happens on the team you get credit for. When things go bad, even if you try to pin it on yourself, it goes on the players.

14. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

I agree with Thorn, I don't see Shanny Jr. going any where yet. Gibbs, on the other hand, might finally retire. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be too upset about it if he were to leave. I've been unimpressed at our Oline play this season even after two of our G's went down. Maybe it's time to update our ZBS. Maybe Benton and Mathews alone can make it happen?

15. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Bob McNair doesn't give anybody a bump in pay.

Look at his track record with asst. coaches. They're some of the lowest paid asst. coaches in the NFL.

Plus with a lockout looming it would be crazy to re-up coaches and have to pay them during a lockout.

The lockout is one of the main reasons Kubes was brought back for the final year of his contract.

If the Texans make the playoffs next year great Kubes gets the credit and McNair looks very smart. If they dont make the playoffs Kubes gets fired and McNair doesn't have to pay a coaching staff during the lockout.

It's a win-win situation for McNair.

16. CharloTex

CharloTex All Pro

I think Kris Brown will be available. And Chris Brown.

17. Norg

Norg -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I would hope lil shanny stays

18. mariowillshine15

mariowillshine15 Hall of Fame

Mike Leach so he can lock Chris Brown in an eletrical closet and never let him out!

19. D-Frank

D-Frank Veteran

haha, thats funny

20. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

Chron on Twitter has confirmed Kyle will leave Texans once dad returns to coaching.