DeMeco Ryans to participate in voluntary workouts next week

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Texans_Chick, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

According to Craig Roberts. Roberts does a radio show with Ryans during the season.

Here's a synopsis of everything: Great news: DeMeco Ryans coming back to Houston for voluntary conditioning program

Hope this means something gets worked out soon. Oh, and DeMeco Ryan's old website is down. I guess that's what happens when you fire your agent...though I would think that he was entitled to the data on there since he paid for it.

:fans:

2. RipTraxx

RipTraxx Free Agent

*huge exhale*

3. TexansMVP

TexansMVP Probowler

LOL. Way to get back at DeMeco. :thinking:

4. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

You, me, and a couple hundred thousand of our closest friends. :cool:

5. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

Too bad the 9.975 million dollar man doesn't share the same thoughts.

Good to see Demeco coming back, hopefully it's a sign that we'll finally "pay the man!".

6. Drew_Smoke

Drew_Smoke @Drew_Smoke

Much ado about nada....especially if #59 is using little adolph to leak his info.

He was always gonna be here bustin' arse like he does when it matters.

7. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Steph,

If you're looking for a "manager," I come cheap.:) Hot off the press, you've once again been linked on PFT.

8. mattieuk

mattieuk Site Contributor

Fantastic news. Great stuff DeMeco.

You give a little, you get a little. Give him the contract.

9. Mike Kerns

Mike Kerns LYSB Podcast

They'll pay him. I'm really not concerned about it.

Dunta on the other hand...

10. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

That's good news because Ryans is more valuable to us than D-Rob or OD.
    We can get another TE to replace OD if he's not happy with the kind of deal Smith eventually offers him and while D-Rob would be tougher to replace (good corners definitely don't grow on trees, but TEs might), if he's gotta go he's gotta go and I'm now convinced he gotta go because he sincerely wants to go. But Ryans personafies the heart & soul of the defense and we need to get him signed, fat, & happy.

11. Wolfiegrrl

Wolfiegrrl Wonder Woman

I fully believe the front office is trying their best to get fair contracts out to all of these guys. It's a one step at a time process. We tried with Robinson, that didn't work. Moved on to Ryans, that didn't work. Now, they are renegotiating with Daniels. I'm hoping that works. Ryans fires his agent and the new guy will get the deal done. Why? Because he's Williams' agent too. Knowing the team, the dedication from the players and the front office folks is really going to help out this situation in my opinion. I just hope Robinson will open up his damned eyes and take a more fair perspective of the situation.

12. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

I think Ryans is making a smart move here that might bolster his position with the front office. I think him and Dunta got more then fair contract offers, and I'm wondering what kind of number's we'll see for Daniel's deal. IMO I'm just not sure Owen would've developed in to the TE he has today elsewhere, nor would get used as well as he does in this offense.

Good faith move by Ryans and honestly, I'm curious what we'd get for Dunta on a draft day deal.

13. Texanfan4ever

Texanfan4ever All Pro

I knew Demeco would come around and OD too. Dunta is starting to really rub me the wrong way.

I mean seriously, how many millions do you need? He should have taken what they offered him originally before they put the franchise tag on him. As great a motivator as he has been to our team, he is now detracting from it and acting like he's in grade school. Wah wah wah, go get some cheese for your whine. I, for one, am sick of hearing him, and am losing respect for him fast.

We don't need any diversions like that, especially this year. Put your big boy pants on and get back to work.

14. imatexan

imatexan Hall of Fame

Woo!
    Now lets just get Dunta worked out!

15. TimeKiller

TimeKiller Guest

This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not
    I agree with your whole post but wanted to point to this specifically. I mentioned that a week or two ago and I too wonder if Dunta's franchising might be a trade&sign type deal since he's so unhappy here. What would you take? 2 2nds?

What would be an appropriate price if some team were to ask?
    Would you use Dunta to move up in the first targeting someone specifically? Orakpo, Raji?

I'd love Dunta to be the tiniest little hammer of hell here in Houston but if he doesn't want to play fair, let him go. We'll be compensated.

16. buddyboy

buddyboy All Pro

I disagree, almost every draft, there is some rookie stud linebacker, and DeMeco was one of those. Ever since that initial season where he was a tackling MACHINE, he's been on the decline, at least in production terms. If we lose DeMeco, I'll be really disappointed, but a MLB is far from a position that is hard to refill. We struck gold on OD, and he's already one of the top TEs in the league, how many other young TEs have produced? Remember Vernon Davis? Mercedes Lewis? As for CB, yes, CBs are at a premium right now, and while Dunta is starting to annoy me, we kind of need him, even though at this point I'm viewing him as a good number 2 corner who can tackle, but without elite coverage skills.

17. texanfan2002114

texanfan2002114 Subscribed Contributor

Ben Dogra, the new agent for DeMeco Ryans, confirmed today that the Texans' middle linebacker will start participating in the team's voluntary conditioning program on Monday.

Ryans, who is trying to get a contract extension, fired agent Kirk Wood recently and hired Dogra, who represents defensive end Mario Williams. Ryans turned down a long-term extension in February. He's scheduled to make $1.39 million this season.

"He's coming in," Dogra said today from his office in St. Louis. "I know the Texans are busy with the draft right now. At some point, I looked forward to have a discussion with them."

Ryans has been working out in Arizona for the last two weeks while the Texans have been working on conditioning at their Methodist Training Center. The First and Ten Youth Football Camp that Ryans is hosting with cornerback Dunta Robinson and receiver Andre Johnson, has been postponed from Saturday to April 25 at Butler Stadium.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6376641.html

18. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

I agree that in a 4-3, Lb's are a little easier to replace, Giving a non-elite CB elite money is a very bad idea. If a team will bite, I'd move Dunta in a heart beat and draft a few CB's this year. Butler, A. Smith, S. Smith, ect...

19. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

I'm no expert but it seems to me that those who show themselves to be a leader and a team first kinda guy (DeMeco having a change of agent/heart and deciding to participate WITH THE TEAM) should be paid more than those who do not conduct themselves as leaders and/or team first players (Dunta refusing to participate WITH THE TEAM and allegedly turning down 23+M guaranteed).

20. JCTexan

JCTexan Hall of Fame

I agree... I would try to trade Dunta for a late first rounder, if noone bites trade him for a second. He wants out of h-town. I would try to get something for him before he leaves next year. :tiphat: