Demeco Ryans Saw the Writing on the Wall

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by DocBar, May 21, 2012.

1. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

Class act all the way. He'll be missed around Houston.

LINK

GP likes this.
  2. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

I really don't understand the (seemingly) widely held idea that we were "fleeced". DeMeco Ryans has been an outstanding player and he may very well have some good football ahead of him but he did not fit in this defense and his value was "all-over-the-place" following his injury. I prefer to think of the trade that sent him to Philadelphia as the Texans doing the right thing for a good player who earned that kind of treatment while getting something in return.

The Texans got something, DeMeco got something, and the Eagles got something. I really don't see a loser there. Maybe if DeMeco had never been hurt we might have entertained higher offers but he did get hurt and that changed everything.

3. paycheck71

paycheck71 Hall of Fame

We don't think the Texans got fleeced because we know what his value to the new defense was, especially considering his salary. From the Eagles point of view this was a steal. They got a great player that fits their scheme perfectly for a 3rd rounder!

4. silentassassin

silentassassin Veteran

It's because he was a two-time probowler, and that's all that's looked at by anyone who doesn't watch this team or know the situation.

5. GP

GP Go Texans!

Rep your way. Thank you for sharing this.

You know what, guys and gals? DeMeco has been a class act from start to finish. I think Mario Williams could learn a thing or two from DeMeco about how to leave with good character and how to say things in fairness to all involved.

Will always root for DeMeco since he kept it real. Mario? Will not root for the guy; won't root against him either...just have no vested interest in his success with his new team. I hope 'Meco wrecks the NFC East though.

6. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Yup. Assante Samual, another pro-bowler, was traded for a 7th. Yet, it was the Texans that was "fleeced" by only getting a 4th for D-Ryans. Sure, Samuel was due more $, but still.