DeMeco Ryans is monster

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by AtheGreat, Sep 14, 2006.

1. AtheGreat

AtheGreat Veteran

enough of this Mario is a bust crap. Anyone else relize that our very own undersized, overmatched, rookie is atop the NFL's leaderboard for tackles?? I thought he was hell on wheels against the eagles.

so even if mario doesn't do that great against Indy, our boy #59 is out to make a case for D ROY. Too early you say? talk to me after week 17 and we'll figure out where to hang the ROY award in the locker room. :twocents:

2. real

real Guest

How is your sig so big ?

3. MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS Veteran

Yes this guy is for for real........looked great at training camp, preseason games, and Philly.............

4. AtheGreat

AtheGreat Veteran

1337 hax

5. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Well the last time he played a pass happy offense was against Texas Tech and you saw the result.

Here's to him having flashbacks and going buckwild.

6. hellbentforfootball

hellbentforfootball Rookie

Can you imagine 3 years from now when williams, drob, and ryans have had plenty of time to gel, gives me chills. Notwithstanding williams does not take off anymore plays.....never.

7. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Didn't we say something like having our Defense on the field for 3/4 of a game will skew defensive stats like tackles??

Don't get me wrong, I was as excited as the rest of you when I saw Demeco drop Westbrook in the backfield..... but he's a liablility in coverage, just like our DBs.....

Philly would run it up the middle, run it up the middle, sucking our linebackers inside, then bounce a run to the outside, or throw a screen to the outside.....

IT would have been comical, if I weren't a Texans fan.

8. real

real Guest

Kyss I understand where you are coming from...but 13 tackles is 13 tackles any way you spin it...especially not playing special teams and being a rookie...

9. blockhead83

blockhead83 All Pro

Demeco is fun to watch because he puts that extra oomph into his tackles, you can see the pop when he makes contact. He's also easy to watch because the guy is always around the ball. MLB is a great position to solidify on any defense, he has the ability to step up and lead our D for alot of years if he can stay healthy and continue to work hard.

10. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

I agree, I just wish the rest of the D would feed off his style of play.:wild:

11. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

They will. We just have to be patient. Once this dude blows someone up, which he will they will all come together.

12. Dread-Head

Dread-Head Hall of Fame

(intro from Shaft)

" I hear that cat Demarco is a bad mother..."

SHUT YOUR MOUTH!

:superman: " I'm just talking 'bout Demarco Ryans! "

Then we can dig it...

" He's a complicated man...who noone understands but his defensive coordinator..."

Isaac Hayes will forgive me for that one...I hope.

DH

jmerog likes this.
  13. rafterticket

rafterticket Veteran

Man! This is what I hate about this board! Whenever I have a great thought, someone else has already said it!

OH! You DIDN"T say anything about the possibility of the new regime possibly making some good picks in that time span, too!

I want wins this year, just like everyone else, including 1texan4life (although that is apparently the Cowboys wins he will be hoping for), but that idea is making me happy for the future.

Dread-Head, Isaac will forgive you. Just don't go messing with Scientology, now.

I mean, do you REALLY think Charlie Casserly suddenly found his draft day touch? No way. He was a talking head in April.

14. jmerog

jmerog Veteran

Very funny stuuf.

FYI- His name is Demeco, not demarco

15. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

You do relalize that for 55 of the 60 minutes, both teams scored 10 points, right? This was not Pittsburgh last year. Or any game last year for that matter. I dont care what the stats say, this was a close game until Carr's 4th down pass was batted down. With 13 minutes left we were down by 14 but with the ball in thier 30 and everyone was still in the stadium. Yes, the Eagles were clearly the better team, but we hung with them (just) for about 48 minutes.
    I dont know about you, but I consider 48 minutes of tough football against one of the best teams in the league a pretty good accomplishment for a team like ours (new coach, 9 of 11 new starters on offense, revamped D).
    Its not the Superbowl, its not even a win, but its a start.

jmerog likes this.
  16. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

got walls?

17. AtheGreat

AtheGreat Veteran

after a 2-14 season. i'm clinging on to any silver lining i can find. and having the best defender (statisticaly) out of 31 teams that are supposed to be better than you is a GREAT start to a season (and career). I'm just trying to purge all this gloom and doom after 1 game. take what you can from a loss and move on. I'm taking the positives...

18. bigTEXan8

bigTEXan8 All Pro

I have a man-crush on D. Ryans...because he helped me win my matchup in fantasy football last year. Guy is a stud.

19. sakebomb

sakebomb Hall of Fame

Man, if I had a dollar for everytime a woman asked me that. :rolleyes:

20. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

Then you'd have exactly the same amount of money that you have now?

:)