Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

DeMeco Ryans and playcalling? What does that mean?

gtexan02

Working?
Who calls the defensive plays? Ryans or Smith?
Can Smith change the plays after he relays them from Smith if Smith is the one calling them?
If not, whats so tough about relaying the calls?
If so, could the problems on defense be attributed to Ryans being confused by opposing offense, and changing the plays?

Not tyring to imply anything, just generaly curious. Thanks!

If he must, DeMeco Ryans is the defensive playcaller. Smith still calls the D, but he can't call them during the no-huddle. I'm guessing Ryans can call audibles, but I'm not sure because our D never makes changes.

It's not the play calling. Go back, if you can stomache it, and replay the game. Watch the gaurds/center vs our tackles. If you're going to run a 235 MLB, you better have some dts who can keep the interior guys off our 235 MLB. They ain't doing it. And....you would think that if we have a four on five or six situation with our d-line vs thier o-line that every now and then someone would win "a" battle in the trecnches. And that isn't happening. You can bang on Smith all you want. Kubes too. The bottom line: we got alot of 3-4 guys who can't run a three four. And when you put them in a 4-3, they are lost there also. When you got corners leading the team in tackles...something is wrong. And again, unless you expect RS to strap'em up, there's not a lot he can cook up with this bag of groceries. At what point will these guys get so embarased, so humiliated they start playing ? Your guess is as good as mine. Last time I saw a defense play this bad Coach Rodger Beck said and I Quote, " dig in boys ! Try and save the equipment ! "

Back