DeMeco Impresses & Leads in his first Eagles Game (What's new ?)

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by IDEXAN, Sep 10, 2012.

1. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

“I thought he made big play after big play,” said Andy Reid. “That’s what he is; that’s what he’s done throughout his career.”
    “He’s a baller,” said rookie linebacker Mychal Kendricks. “Took command of the field. Made sure we were cool, calm and collected in tough times. He made a helluva lot of plays today, and I’m happy he’s on my team.”
    Ryans, who has been questioned about his health and his game countless times over the last several months, did not want to focus on himself afterwards. But when it came to team ball, his eyes lit up. Though against a rookie quarterback and a Browns team that is sure to struggle all year, there’s no denying that the defense saved this team from an embarrassing loss. And when they were called on to protect the lead late, they closed.
    “I love when the game is in the defense’s hands, when it’s on us to close a game out. That’s why I play this game,” said Ryans. “There is no more special feeling than being out there and having all your teammates on the sideline counting on our 11 to get it done.”

Eleven. The front. The back. And for the first time in a long time, the middle.
    http://www.phillymag.com/eagles/2012/09/09/demeco-ryans-catches-teammates-attention-in-eagles-debut/
    One of my all-time Texans favorites, glad he's off to a solid start in Philly.

2. silvrhand

silvrhand Site Contributor

Still think we are going to miss him, and even more with sharpton being out, James doesn't look like the quality ILB we need.

3. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

Congrats and good luck to Demeco, one of the good guys. :clap:

4. Premier

Premier All Pro

theyre restricting demeco to 2 downs over there too..

5. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

I think so too...but was never a Sharpton fan. Cushing is going to miss DeMeco beside him more than anyone. He cleaned up a lot of stuff with teams making sure they block up Ryans.

DeMeco played in 60 of 62 defensive snaps....doesn't sound like a two-down linebacker to me. Don't pay too much attention to the preseason. ;)

6. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I agree about missing Ryans here, but I will certainly be rooting for him with Philly. We lost some valuable players, but he's the one that I really hate losing.

7. kiwitexansfan

kiwitexansfan Site Contributor

glad he's playing well, one of my fave all time Texans.

8. utahmark

utahmark markbeth

My only Texans jersey has his name on the back. I'll be wearing it battle red day against baltimore in remembrance.(also cause I'm to cheap to buy a new one)

9. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

James is a scrub. Looked like one in preseason and looked like one yesterday.

10. Naiirb

Naiirb All Pro

I miss DeMeco but really glad he is making an impact over there. Still remember listening to the radio after drafting him in the 2nd round and hearing this guy will be a stud. Guy is all class too.

11. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Look, if Demeco hadn't defered the ball after winning the pregame coin toss(twice I believe) he'd be a Texans today.

We can't have that kind of insubordination on this team. Can't coach them, Can't win with them, Can't do it.....

:sarcasm: :kitten:

12. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

I wish him nothing but luck. If he was in the AFC I might feel differently though.....

13. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

I told people that Philly was going to be a great team for him to go to. I was very happy that he was traded there of all places. They needed a MLB, and they got one hell of a guy at that position. Good to see Demeco doing big things over there.

14. Cjeremy635

Cjeremy635 Overtraining

This.

15. Premier

Premier All Pro

i wa sjust going by what andy reid said, stating he had demeco out of nickel situations only playing 2 downs... apparently he changed his mind..

i have a buddy in philly who said the media has been trashing demeco.. i guess his preseason wasn't too hot.. i dont watch the eagles.. so i dont know..

16. texanhead08

texanhead08 Hall of Fame

8 million a year is a lot to pay for a 2 down LB. That's why the Texans couldn't afford to keep him.

17. Texn4life

Texn4life Hall of Fame

Unless the Browns were punting the ball or turning it over on the 1st two downs every possession then I would say he wasn't a 2 down LB week 1. He played 60 of 62 defensive snaps. I think it may change when they play teams with more elite weapons at the skill positions but it sounds like he had a good showing. I saw him in the preseason and wasn't impressed, but I'm glad he had a positive debut.

18. Wolf6151

Wolf6151 Hall of Fame

I miss Demeco but the money just didn't make sense for a 2 down ILB. I wish him all the best with Philly unless we meet them in the Superbowl.

19. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

It's just plain silly for anyone, especially a Houston Texans fan, to call Demeco Ryans a 2 down LB. Yeah, we took him off the field a lot last season. But most fans know he suffered a season ending achilles injury the year before.

CnD will tell you it takes a while to come back from an Achilles, most people don't. Demeco's recovery was hampered by his elbow issue. But at the end of the season you could tell Demeco was closer to pre-injury form than not.

Demeco is not a 2 down line backer.

20. Rey

Rey Guest

For us, he was.