DeMeco finally gets some Chronicle coverage !

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by nunusguy, Jun 9, 2006.

1. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

"Once rookie linebacker DeMeco Ryans proved he could grasp the Texans' defensive system quickly, the coaches decided to take advantage.
    Training camp is still more than a month away, but Ryans is learning nearly every linebacker position and vying for a starting job. Instead of being weighed down by the responsibilities, the 21-year-old is dealing with them just like he did everything in college.
    http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3953184.html

2. AFD1717

AFD1717 Veteran

This guy has probowl written all over him.

3. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

and hope that he doesnt get injured

i really falling in love with demeco
    im real excited

i dare T.O. to come across the middle in october

4. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

snippet:
    Ryans is currently sitting behind Morlon Greenwood at outside linebacker and Wali Rainer in the middle.

"We think he has a bright, bright future," Smith said. "And he's a young person that we feel can come in here and compete for a starting position on this team. But he's got to earn that spot. And that's what we're trying to get accomplished right now. We're trying to develop him into a starter. He brings youth, speed and athletic ability to the position.

I can't wait to see the day that he gets his first start as I trust that will be the first of many in a long and great career. Kubiak and staff have frequently been on point in their collective messaging where people earn their position not deserve. I friggin love it. :texflag:

5. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

Man I swear with every one of these articles I read I get more excited about the upcoming season. I am ready for some football now! :redtowel:

6. wicked_wayz

wicked_wayz all blacks

dymecco is this teams future leader:redtowel:

7. real

real Guest

I think that at least by game 3 of the season he will be the starting mike...

8. SAMURAITEXAN

SAMURAITEXAN Subscribed Contributor

I heard a lot about how Winston was a steal in the 3rd and I agree. But I also think Ryans was a steal in the 2nd rd.

9. real

real Guest

Originally I was skeptical of the Texans draft but after seeing how the team is shaping up....:redtowel:.....Makes me proud to be a texan...:mario:

10. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

Some of what I read before and after the draft said that DeMeco and Winston could have gone in the 1st round. They could both end up being huge steals for us depending on how things go.

11. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

One editorial note: Demeco is 6' 1" not 6' 4" as listed in the article. Can't really blame Megan though as she appears to have caught the glitch from the Texans' roster.

12. Texas

Texas Hall of Fame

He will be one of the greats for years to come

13. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

I've heard that consistently. The Texans were floored when Ryans was there in the 2nd. and absolutely stunned when Winston was there in the 3rd. I think Ryans just might end up as this generations Mike singletary. Maybe Winston or Wand can be our version of Orlando Pace....:yahoo:

14. U4ikrob

U4ikrob Guitar Junky

DeMec - He was my favorite player at Bama the last 2 years and I was very happy to see him picked up by the Texans. I truly think he will be a great player for this team for many years to come and like others said a Pro-bowler type guy - blue-collar hard working/learning type player. A real class act and a great instinct player who put plenty of time in the books to make him an all-american LB and winner of many awards on and off the field. Been compared to many of the great LB's to come out and was close to several of Derrick Thomas records at Bama.

I will be looking to get my jersey as soon as they start releasing em. Really looking forward to seeing him light a fire in our D and bring the house every play like he did @ Bama where he was a 1-2 contender with AJ Hawk for pretty much every LB award. If he has the kind of year I think/coaches are seeing he will be a contender for DROY for sure and will bring some solid play to our LB's for a change.

I know everybody was really hyped on Mario esp w/the draft and bush-young, but honestly my fav pick of our draft was DeMec. I really think he will be a Great player for the Texans and I cant wait to see him live playing for our home team at TC and this season.

15. rittenhouserobz

rittenhouserobz Hall of Fame

Considering the our defensive woes last year, he is a welcome sight this year. I hope he can get to Manning sometime this yaer. :)

16. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

One day when boarding a flight at the airport in Springfield, Mo. a couple
    years ago, I noticed this well dressed, even dapper middle-aged African-American man in a business suite approaching the security gate. Even before
    the security guy grabbed him and pulled him aside to get his autograph, I recognized Mike Singletary. But I was struck how short he was and how mild
    mannerd he appeared. And it may have been years since he played, but he still looked fit and well conditioned, as if he could have suited-up that day.
    I dunno....Singletary was known as a guy who was not overly impressive physically, and almsot bland in demeanor who was a fiery and inspirational leader on the field who became a Hall-of-Famer. Hey, you never know.

17. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

I'm excited for the 1st time the Texans actually had an excellent draft in a prospect rich draft, you have to strike when the iron is hot and DeMeco will be a cornerstone to the Texans future regardless where he lines up, he will get after it & make things happen :bowser:

18. done88

done88 Veteran

Who is Wali Rainer and where is Sam Cowart or what ever his last name was. Is he third on the depth for middle. Of the three Iwould rather see ryans there.

19. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Wali
    http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133396

I cannot speak to the depth chart as others here have more insight.

20. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

Don't start trying to put informal rules on this board and expect others to follow them.