Demeco best linebacker in NFL?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TheRealJoker, Dec 3, 2006.

1. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

The guys on FSN just mentioned it and I just may have to agree.

Statistically he is the best. Although since he is a rookie he does not yet have the aura of a Brian Urlacher, Ray Lewis, or Derrick Brooks. But right now I cant think of any linebacker playing as well as DROY. The man is lights out!!! Where is an engineer emoticon when you need one? :mario3:

utahmark likes this.
  2. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

I don't like this engineer nickname, but I agree with ya, he is the bomb.

3. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

that is the truth.....we have all these mario emoticons....wheres the ones for MeCo.

4. utahmark

utahmark markbeth

hes the best player on our team.

5. TheRealJoker

He did drop that potential INT for a td though... :stirpot:

6. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Let's put it this way. Ray Lewis plays on an extremely talented Ravens team. Urlacher plays on probably the best defense in the NFL. Both those guys have very good players at just about every position on their defense. Demeco has guys named Shantee Orr and Morlon Greenwood next to him and some guys named Lionel Dalton and Anthony Maddox getting regular playing time on our defensive line. What would Ryans be like if he played on the Bears?

7. whiskeyrbl

whiskeyrbl Guest

He is the closest thing to Derrick Thomas I have seen. God rest his soul, DeMeco is special and DAMN glad we got him. Today as far as I am concerned wrapped up DROY.

8. TheRealJoker

Just imagine when we upgrade our defense in the offseason how good the engineer will be conducting this unit!!!:mario3:

9. phantom17

phantom17 All Pro

I totally AGREE! However, I have a bad feeling that he will be somehow ROBBED b/c of our bad win/loss record! If this happen, I will be extremly PISSED! Demeco imo should win DROY!:mario3: :mario2: :cowboy1:

10. utahmark

utahmark markbeth

you could argue that he actually gets more tackles because all the players around him dont get any. some of the players on other teams take tackles away from those other guys.

11. LORK 88

LORK 88 Wreck'em Ŧech!

If it makes you feel better, AJ Hawk's team has the same record as we do and DeMeco has better stats. We better not get robbed again . . .

12. phantom17

phantom17 All Pro

But he seems to be @ the place to make the plays most of the time, like when he intercepted that pass, he anticipated where Brooks was gonna throw it. Demeco has that God given instinct to be at the right place & at the right time! And he's just a rookie! Mike Singletary come to mind!:mario3: :mario2: :cowboy1:

13. whiskeyrbl

whiskeyrbl Guest

Yeah and don't forget about Simms he plays for the Lions. The one that I see getting considerable notice is Dummerville with Broncos 5'11 DE has like 7 sacks. But still think DeMeco gets it.

14. DontTreadOnMe

DontTreadOnMe Rookie

demeco and mario serve as the foundation to a potentially very good texans defense if we continue to draft with a defensive mentality. when drafting next year, we have to think about drafting some defensive players that will enhance demeco and mario's games... and once that happens,.. we can truly be a defensive force. demeco is simply amazing,.. as is mario... they both seem really comfortable right now, and they are making the defensive unit "their" squad.. i am really proud of both of them, they give us a ray of light in a dark, clouded season. as for DROY, demeco has already locked that up... his numbers have already surpassed lofa tupatu's DROY numbers.. i just hope we can finish this season with 3 more wins... to finish the season at 7-9.. its funny, going into this season with kubiak's background i was absolutly estatic about our offense, and now my hopes of the texans being a good team lie within our defense.. continue to build up our defense and o-line, and we should be turning some heads by next season... Go Texans!!!!

15. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

Demeco is outstanding. I cant believe he makes the plays he makes on a defense with no talent.

16. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

Isn't it funny that the Texans went defense with the first pick of the draft and the Saints went offense with the second pick. Those teams seem to have the DROY and OROY respectively, but neither of those guys were the first two picks of the 2006 draft.

17. V Man

V Man Pumpkinhead

Not to take anything away from Ryans, but notice how the defense is getting better as this two guys are getting more PT. Makes me wonder about whether Payne and Travis Johnson are worth the money.

18. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

DeMeco is awesome to watch. He's been one of the few consistent highlights this season. And he'd better get D-ROY if there's any justice with the football gods!

DR is our future and hope for winning seasons. He's elite and I'm stoked about future defenses built around him, D.Rob, and Mario. This is how many championship teams have been built, and I think Kubiak is a HC that will be able to put the pieces together and make it happen.

19. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Yeah, I think the same thing at times. I'd never heard of either Dalton or Maddox before the season, but they seem to play well at times. As does N.D. Kalu.

20. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

I have been very impressed with the run stuffing of our two DT's recently. I think they have only combined for about 1 sack, but I agree that they have given this defense a boost.