Demeco:Accepting blame

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wolf, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6585836.html

2. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Go Demeco, go!! :redtowel:

3. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

more tidbits

4. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

Weeh, Demeco agrees with me! :)

5. TimeKiller

TimeKiller Guest

This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not
    You know what....throw the whole playbook out on the field if that's what will get results. I mean really, how many plays are there that are a secret after the 4th week of the regular season anyway?

That game looked like Pacman. The defense were the dots.

6. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

Resign this player you idiots in the front office.

edit: Pretend this message is in all caps.

ESAD2-14 likes this.
  7. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

I just hope it's not as many plays that were a secret going into the 16th game last year.:gun:

8. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Y'know, this is a good point, especially considering the lousy season starts we've had under Kubiak. Like hiding the defensive plays has a many any difference!

9. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

I've watched a ton of preseason games on NFLN and I don't really see other teams "hiding their playbook" on defense.

Did any of y'all catch the Jets/Ravens game last night? They were throwing the kitchen sink at each other. I can understand why coaches wouldn't want to put on tape what they do offensively, but I don't see the benefits defensively.

10. Tailgate

Tailgate Fall of Hame

I guess I don't get this part. We have a brand new DC who nobody has ever seen before. I am trying to wrap my nog around how it would not be advantageous to keep our defensive playbook under wraps a bit until we play a game that actually counts.

11. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

We have a new D coordinator, but one who was already on staff last year and players have already came out and said the scheme is the same.......just more aggressive (whatever the hell that means).

Plus the Ravens and Jets BOTH have new coordinators.....it didn't prevent them from "showing their playbooks", same thing with the Packers

12. 2blu4u

2blu4u Rookie

He aint worth the money...Mike Bell trucked him and he runs his mouth too much ..He wouldnt even start for the Saints

13. bckey

bckey Hall of Fame

I've never believed in calling a vanilla offense and defense in preseason. It just doesn't make any sense to me. After the Jets game all the other 15 opponents know basically what you have so I don't get it. And what about teams that have the same offensive and defensive coordinators from the year before. The whole idea of tipping your hand is just dumb imho. See what works now so you are not experimenting in the regular season.

14. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

the whole playbook angle is just an excuse that poor teams use to make excuses for their pisspoor play. is there an element of truth to it? sure, but its the same with every team...just some coaches and fanbases don't make a career of going to that lame excuse.

The worst was the preseason the year Texans went 2-14....everyone was like 'oh its ok, the sky isn't falling, well be fine. we arent showing our blitz packages' or we haven't 'opened up' our offense, etc etc...well then 2-14 happened and it caught most by surprised. Granted, our QB play and offense in general is lightyears ahead of 2005 Texans but we don't have Sage to throw us the 8-8 life preserver this year. We have Orlovsky...who looks awful at times and doesn't look nearly as capable a QB as Sage. In other words, it could get ugly even for our offense.

Like DeMeco said, we need guys to step up and to end this culture of mediocrity and being competitive. screw being competitive..its time to freaking win.

I know I have been on edge the last few days but I just see things looking like a 2-14 Part Deaux all that is missing is for our head coach to say the word 'execute' every other word and its a true parallel...I hope not

we got the talent on the field. its time to put your best players on the field and win. this is the year we could do something in our division. colts are in transition, titans have major questions this year, and the jags are coming off a pretty pedestrian season. the time is now.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
  15. Tailgate

Tailgate Fall of Hame

Here in lies the reasoning its not time to jump off the cliff just yet. Whatever the hell that means right?.... means who knows?? I am banking on what we saw Sat is not close to being reflective of what our stunts, blitzes...yada yada are going to be like when the games actually count. We can debate all day on whether its advantageous to show your hand or not. I am no expert on the Packers or Steelers playbooks thats for sure. So maybe the Texans think it is advantageous? I am sure there are other teams that would too. So where does that leave us? Worse off now come game 1? Better? Again, its yet to be determined and not close to being time to jump.

Monday could turn out to be a very emotionally lifting day for alot of people around here. Even though its STILL just preseason.

16. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

I really need a dash for that to make sense to me. I thought you were saying someone need to quit. It tok me a few seconds of "... huh..."

17. Ckw

Ckw Guest

Exactly. Forget about the royal douche himself and give Demeco the extension he deserves. The guy is at worst a top 10-12 MLB in the NFL and at best a top 2-3 MLB. The same can not be said for Dunta. Smith better get a deal done with Demeco or else he is going to have some VERY angry Texans fans.

18. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

And a lot of good teams lose games during the pre-season and a lot of bad teams win games during the preseason.

But it's pre-season. It doesn't matter until it's real.

I've got to admit, I was pretty pissed off about how bad the interior of our d-line looked. I was pretty embarrassed with how badly we were beaten.

But it's pre-season.

At this point, I don't know if our defense is any better than it's been in the past. It certainly doesn't look like it even though I think this is as talented a group of defensive players as we've ever had. And we've certainly heard the same words spoken about being more aggressive that we've heard every year, but it's pre-season.

We don't really know that Bush was a huge mistake, yet. We can suspect but we don't really know. Even if we get the snot knocked out of us against the Vikings, we won't really know because it's pre-season.

The point I'm trying to make is... it's pre-season. Let's hope we don't have to live through this crap during the real season.

But it's not looking good.

steelbtexan and ReliantTexan like this.
  19. dtran04

dtran04 Hall of Fame

Well, McClain already said that the team offered Demeco top 3 money and OD top 5 money (whatever "top money" means is up to interpretation). Surely there must be something in the contract that is really off or the players might be getting some terrible advice.

20. False Start

False Start On # 69

That's what I'm talking about! Demeco has become the heart and sould of this defense, and that's great!

On a side note, I see the shiny happy fans are back..... :heh:

Here is a shiny happy p!ssed off fan av:

[​IMG]