Demarcus Ware: The Real Thing

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by AndreJ, Aug 22, 2005.

1. AndreJ

AndreJ All Pro

This guys got some talent, I'm watch the Cowboys vs. Seahwaks and hes got a sack, forced fumble, fumble recovery and a diving interception all in the first quarter...

2. HowBoutThemCowboys!

HowBoutThemCowboys! All Pro

In 1 quarter of action so far, Ware has interceted Hasselback, and sacked Hasselback to force a fumble and recover it.

3. RTP2110

RTP2110 Thank You Andre

Ok, as much as I (and alot of us) can't stand the Cowboys, Ware is looking great in this game against Seattle. He had a sack/force fumble/fumble recovery play, and he just intercepted Hasselbeck from the other OLB spot. This is againt the 1st teamers too, he's going against Walter Jones on almost every play.

4. TigerBait

TigerBait Veteran

Word. I was just about to post the same thing.

5. TigerBait

TigerBait Veteran

Ur only the 3rd person to make a thread on Ware :brickwall but you speak the truth..

6. AndreJ

AndreJ All Pro

Yeah, guess we were all watching the same thing and amazed at his performance...could someone like combin the threads or something...I dont know how, in fact I think only moderators can.

7. HowBoutThemCowboys!

I like how Al Michaels said "He's got one sack. One forced fumble. One fumble recovery and an interception..other than that he's done nothing".

8. HowBoutThemCowboys!

ROFL, he just forced another fumble!

9. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

I can't sit thru preseason games but it sounds like the Cowboys finally have a playmaker on defense. We were woefully inadequate in causing turnovers last season.

10. HowBoutThemCowboys!

The Ware Wolf is my new favorite player lol.

I'm looking forward to watching Lawrence (I mean DeMarcus) for the few years. What a beast!!!!

11. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

Why did he go to a relatively small college if he's such a good player? Grades?

Seems to me if he had such great skills he would be at UT, OU, USC..some big school.

12. texasguy346

texasguy346 Mod Squad

I believe he had a shot at going to Auburn, but something didn't work out and he went to Troy State for that reason. He's definately looking very good out there. Spears should be a good one too.

13. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

Ok. Thanks. I guess the scouting of college players is so extensive these days that even if you're a small college player and have great skills you'll be drafted high if that's deserved.

14. texasguy346

texasguy346 Mod Squad

The scouts work year around, and they go to all sorts of places to watch players. Larry Allen came from a relatively small school, and the Cowboys did a great job in uncovering him. One of the things I like most about CC is his ability to find some gems in the later rounds. Brown looks like he'll be a good one, and Mathis too.

15. Davis37

Davis37 All Pro

Too bad we couldnt have got Ware to sure up our def... :crying:

The guy is a beast! He not only can rush the passers and play the run, but he looked outstanding in pass coverage. The Cowgirls got a great one here.

16. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

it was nice to actually see him play some quality reps against top tier competition. remember he was a DE in college at Troy so he is making the switch to OLB in the 3-4. I really thought that Dallas would choose Merriman & that Ware would slip past the Chargers to the Texans. overall alot of factors impacted the draft and how it all unfolded. Pac-man going to the Titans and Rodgers slipping so far, then the Vikings taking Troy Williamson over Mike Williams who Detroit took as well as DJ slippiing as well. very strange 1st day :hairpull:

17. beerlover

that makes sense. so does that make Babin our strongside OLB & Peek the weakside pure speed pass rusher?

18. beerlover

then I'm glad Dallas drafted Ware & actually happy for Cowboy fans. if the Texans passed on DJ, because of Wong & Greenwood @ ILB, whats not to think the Texans would have passed on Ware with Babin & Peek at OLB? this is the hardest thing to understand in the NFL draft (how teams can pass on better talent) and make thier selections to fill specific positions :texflag:

19. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

Befor you go downing our whole offseason wait till the kid has played more than ONE preseason game.

20. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

I once compared Peek to Ware, how silly can that be but hey, we're all guilty of moments of wishful thinking. I've got to believe he'll get burnt a few times along the way because there has to be a pretty steep learning curve for a smaller college DE to learn to play OLB in the NFL. His recovery on intercepting the pass over the middle was breathtaking, this guy is a premier athelete and then some.