Delusional Jags' Fan

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by XI CMURDER IX, Nov 22, 2011.

1. XI CMURDER IX

XI CMURDER IX Gig 'em

This is either the most sarcastic fan in the entire NFL, or he is the most delusional. On the upswing? Because nothing says up and coming like a 3 and 7 record, right?!

I honestly can't think of a head coach that would want that team! The more likely scenario has them going to Los Angeles, in my opinion.

On a serious note though, they are a couple of drafts and many free agents away from being a good solid team. Their offense can't even muster more than 10 points against the Browns, or what most of the Jags' fans called an overrated and mediocre defense when we played them.

What do y'all think, delusional or sarcastic?

EDIT: It has been a VERY LONG bye week, too. Thank goodness that is over!

2. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

The Jags have a good defense and one quality RB. That's it. The Texans have so much more than that it's not even funny. Sheesh......

3. Ryan

Ryan THIS YEAR

and MJD only has 2 or 3 quality years left before the inevitable running back decline. Aren't we pretty much younger than the Jags at everything other than QB and maybe WR?

4. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

5. dream_team

dream_team Hall of Fame

I like him. He's positive and has hope for his team. He's delusional, but I like his attitude.

6. nero THE zero

nero THE zero Hall of Fame

We are a top flight team. So, his argument is inherently flawed.

That said, the Jags have a good defense and, as we have seen numerous times, it only takes one good offseason to propel a 10 loss team to 10 wins.

7. AnthonyE

AnthonyE Lurker

I agree. He sounds like me several years back.

"Carr will start to develop under Kubiak and Wali Lundy will emerge as a top RB! Andre Johnson is the most underrated WR in the league and all these number 1 picks spend on the D will payoff as we'll have one of the stoutest D-Lines!!!1one!"

8. 80tothezone

80tothezone Hall of Fame

I think he's right ..... I mean technically we been on th upswing since 2-14 a very slow long grueling upswing filled with years of disappointment and getting owned by the entire NFL. So if his point is that is what is in store for them then I agree.

9. rush2112mn

rush2112mn All Pro

Yeah....I am sure you can go look at some of our post back when we had Carr at qb .....

10. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

He's right. The Jags would be the best team in the NFL right now if the refs would just stop hatin' on them. It's very frustrating. I think the Jags players should start getting violent toward the refs in this upcoming game and throw the game in protest. Matter of fact, it happens 'cause nobody respects Jaxonville and they should just move the team....to San Antonio. Then the Jax fans can root for a real team in a real state and the refs won't discriminate against the team based on....unfairness against stupid people.

11. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

I cannot get mad at another teams fans for wanting their team to be like ours. It's almost Christmas and he is looking forward to finding presents under his tree. He is wise in realizing it will be only another lump of coal. He is already "waiting for next year".

12. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got AJ?

I can relate to him. Bless his crazy, delusional, flat out certifiable heart.

FirstTexansFan likes this.
  13. False Start

False Start On # 69

I want some of what he's smokin. :good:

I just saw they signed Kevin Bentley... maybe we are screwed.

14. DexmanC

DexmanC Hall of Fame

TK, in my opinion, used to sound JUST LIKE this guy two or three years ago. Who
    knows, maybe his belief of something that only exists in his mind just may come true.

15. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

:bat:

Well.... I can't be mad atcha... I agree.

If I were a Jag fan, I'd probably feel the same way. We were worried about missing out on AJs prime years. They've got MJD wasting away.

Heck... Many people here think we aren't going to go far with Kubiak & I'm sure McNair has already decided to bring him back next year & the year after, & the year after....

so who knows?

16. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

Neither.
    He's what all we fans are: Eternally hopeful and optimistic. Every team has spent time in NFL Suckatory with their fans hoping for the football deities to smile upon them and let them step into the Light.

He's no different than I was 2004. Or 2008... or 2009...
    :turtle:

17. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

A link would've been cool to see the context of what he was saying.

And, yes please.

18. GP

GP Go Texans!

The only positive thing he has to hold onto, right now, is the idea that Del Rio gets fired (and they hit the jackpot on a new HC somehow).

Other than that, he's lying to himself in order to "wish away" the pain.

I don't feel sorry for him. Del Rio is a jerk, he coaches his team to be jerks also, and I can't find it in me to have not even one ounce of pity for any of the three AFC South teams.

You guys think they had pity for us the past 9 damn years? Hell no they didn't! We were an easy two wins for each of them (most of the time).

I hope we blast them on Sunday, with Leinart looking like a Pro Bowler the whole day. I hope Yates comes in for garbage time because of how bad we're throttling them.

No quarter shall be given.

19. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

having sympathy for a fan is way different than having pity for his team.
    having been there for so long, I feel his pain.
    but don't get it twisted - I hope his team continues to suck.

20. XI CMURDER IX

XI CMURDER IX Gig 'em

That optimism has to end at some point though, right? Heck, we wanted Kubiak to be a goner last season! I guess that turned out alright, but this year is the only year we have been this many games over .500.

I can see where he is coming from but you have to set your expectations a little lower than from one of the worst teams in the league to one of the best. It happens, but not very often!

Is the NFL Suckatory also known as the Factory of Sadness by the way?