Defense will shine against cowboys !!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by newtexan, Aug 24, 2010.

1. newtexan

newtexan Veteran

Texans must play MITCHELL and SHEPPARD more with the ones and in diffrent schemes , these guys fit nicely if used correctly, TEXANS WIN 21-17.

2. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

I pray that Sheppard makes the Texans roster. Else, I fear a major meltdown from newtexan.

3. newtexan

newtexan Veteran

i'll be fine thanks, just trying to build this wall one brick at a time ,i like big MITCH also.

4. Brisco_County

Brisco_County Texans worthy

They're too raw. I look forward to their contribution next year. Until then, it's Okoye and Cody.

5. Dwade

Dwade Veteran

I like your enthusiasm, but I for one don't feel confident about the defense after last week.

The Saints have a better passing game than the Cowboys, but the Cowboys have a better running game...and our run defense sucked last week.

6. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

It's going to be one boring ass game. Since they meet in the regular season, neither team will want to show too much - on either side of the ball.

7. hobie

hobie Site Contributor

For that matter, neither team is showing me much as it is now...at least it will be a hell of a tailgate party...The game is just a good tailgate halftime break !!

8. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

Isn't your last thread exactly this? Start Mitchell and Sheppard at DT?

9. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

65, I think he is a politician. If you say something enough times people will start to believe it.:hurrah:

rmartin65 likes this.
  10. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

I thought I'd seen another thread on this. Also, like in the other thread, Mitchell DID play with the one's. They were rotating everyone on the Dline.

Hmm, maybe that's why they sucked? :thinking:

11. newtexan

newtexan Veteran

This will be a good game for the TEXANS , i really expect to see the defense come alive in this game, i believe the offense is already- game ready.

12. Dwade

Dwade Veteran

I don't see why you expect the defense to "come alive" against the #2 offense last year after laying an egg against the #1 offense...I'm mostly worried about the run defense, or lack thereof.

13. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder COOL BEANS!

Texans will put on a show for the home crowd, you know they want to win this one even if it doesn't matter. I'll go Texans 34 - Cowboys 20

14. newtexan

newtexan Veteran

I'm sure the Saints had fans last year on their message boards expecting the same ol Saints, i truly believe if the Texans beat the Cowboys it will spring-board their confidence and their season.

15. Dwade

Dwade Veteran

No. Not in the pre-season.

If they beat the Colts in week 1 it will, and/or beat the Cowboys in week 3. Pre-season games are not going to inspire them to greatness. :facepalm:

16. newtexan

newtexan Veteran

Dude,.. a team like the Texans need these type games, yes it's only preseason, but it will have a playoff atmosphere, it's like beating your big bro. in a one on one b-ball game, his mind was on his girl, but it's a win you'll never forget, and from that day on you feel as though you've arrrriiiiivvved !!!!!

17. maddogmrb

maddogmrb All Pro

Mitchell appears to be a good pass rushing DT. Sheppard may come on. The problem is that the Texans have NO run stopping DT's on the roster. They have no DT who will command double teams and free up Ryans to do his best work. Without good run stopping DT's keeping the oline off Ryans, it is hard for Ryans to be an effective force at and behind the LOS. But hey, I'm glad we spent 1/3 of our draft on TE, WR, & KR......

18. newtexan

newtexan Veteran

I say ride Okam and Cody hard, rotate Mitchell and Okoye often, bring the inside LB up to plug the gap, allow Sheppard some DE time, the Texans are not that far away.

19. Dwade

Dwade Veteran

Terrible analogy.

If the team actually thinks they have "arrived" after winning a pre-season game, then we are really screwed.

This pre-season game means nothing compared to the Colts week one

20. newtexan

newtexan Veteran

it's terrible analogy if you don't have a big brother, all i'm saying is a win right now is good medicine for this Texan team, i played football, and when we beat the states bully in a scrimmage, we felt as though we were state champs, and we went on to have a great season, didn't win the state championship but what a ride, and it all started in that lil ole scrimmage .

HouTxFan likes this.