Defense Highlights video (Bulls on parade)

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by JamesBill, Dec 8, 2011.

1. JamesBill

JamesBill Veteran

Was watching NFL Rewind online and decided to try to make a video of highlights.

EDIT:

OK so I lowered the volume of the announcer and changed the music to Domination and a little Walk at the end. Didn't match up the action to the music. If that sounds better to you, watch this version instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_uJXHk9-hs

Here is the Bulls on Parade version http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsQXGMqmI2s

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  2. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

That's it. I'm gonna have to do one. That song and name just isn't gonna stick if I can help it. I honestly think the NFL will make SF and Houston trade teams if this crapola takes off. Bulls on Parade is downright offensive. We'll be considered queer steers and that is unacceptable.

Double Barrel likes this.
  3. JamesBill

JamesBill Veteran

I have never really liked the song and dislike it now after making the video but couldn't think of anything else. Nothing in the other thread looked good.

4. stingray

stingray Hall of Fame

Here we go. Many going to get their panties in a bunch over the nickname.

5. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

You might not like the genre I use, but I think you'll like the end result.

6. Scooter

Scooter Funky

awesome video. we went so long without being able to get to the quarterback, it's amazing seeing so many sacks and hits this year.

7. headsplint

headsplint All Pro

Nice man! Way to go. Watch out though, homophobes are going to soak their depends and revert back to 1950's way of thinking on this.

Love it dude.

8. TexansFanatic

TexansFanatic Extremist

Wow! Really, really good. Especially for a first effort.

9. Kgbmedic

Kgbmedic M1 Tanker

It's not a homophobic thing to think that the name just doesn't work.

One in order to fully understand the meaning of the nickname it has to be explained which should be the first indicator that it isn't a good one.

Two if your going to have a nickname for a defense such as ours, it should reflect that awesomeness. I don't see this nickname doing that in any sense of the word.

Now as far as the song itself it does have a fire up aspect to the song just not the name.

OPer I liked the video, gotta love all of those hits, well done.

DocBar likes this.
  10. TejasTom

TejasTom Heisenwatt

Great vid!

11. TdotTexas2Step

TdotTexas2Step All Pro

Bulls on Parade is a horrible nickname, but to call it "downright offensive" is perhaps a bit too much.

12. MEGA SWATT

MEGA SWATT Hall of Fame

not feeling bulls on parade. :vincepalm:

13. stingray

stingray Hall of Fame

At least it's better than last years nickname for the defense which was Bull$hit.

SheTexan likes this.
  14. TexansFanatic

TexansFanatic Extremist

Jesus, let it go, man.

The fact is there are a number of words in the contemporary English lexicon that conjure imagery of homosexuality and the trappings of the homosexual community/lifestyle.

The gay community has co-opted a number of words over the past several decades and made it virtually impossible to hear or read those words without making those connections.

The word gay for instance. That word used to mean happy or joyful. Now, it means homosexual and it's used that way almost exclusively.

The gays have also co-opted the rainbow and, yes, to a great extent they've co-opted the word parade.

When one of our posters observed that the title Bulls on Parade sounded gay, he was freaking right. He wasn't saying anything hateful. He was simply making a valid observation.

I would imagine you consider yourself liberal.

The word liberal has Latin roots----liber meaning free.

But one of modern liberalism's bastard children is political correctness. Political correctness is the restriction of speech. The polar opposite of freedom of speech.

Sorry for the rant, but nothing yanks my chain more than seeing someone who's appointed themselves as the avenger of the weak who takes on people for offenses they haven't even committed.

And it seems to me the only one who needs his diaper changed around here is you.

15. Kgbmedic

Kgbmedic M1 Tanker

I'm gonna have to disagree with the Homosexual community "co-opting" above said words. It is the Hateful people who give them the negative connotations that are attached to most of those words.
    I will agree that the rainbow was most likely co-opted by the homosexual community.

Just as Liberalism has been made out to be a bad word by virtually the same hateful people.

16. Joeycharp89

Joeycharp89 Veteran

It's not a great nickname, but I think it's fine for Texans fans since people who have been to Reliant for a game will know the reference. Don't really care for what the rest of the league thinks. They haven't taken us seriously before anyway :P

Nice vid though, liked the highlight selection. I would take out the commentary for the most part, that's just my personal tastes on fan made highlight vids. There are already highlight videos on NLF.com I can watch that has full commentary.

Unless of course the commentator is just really hype, which was the case in a few of those.

17. TexansFanatic

TexansFanatic Extremist

Great video by JamesBill, wasn't it?

:brando:

18. Kgbmedic

Kgbmedic M1 Tanker

Yes said as much in one of my previous post.

19. TexansFanatic

TexansFanatic Extremist

Well done. I really don't want to hijack his thread.

20. JamesBill

JamesBill Veteran

OK so I lowered the volume of the announcers and changed the music to Domination and the start of Walk at the end. Didn't match up the action to the music. If that sounds better to you, watch this version instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_uJXHk9-hs

False Start likes this.