Dec. 2009 Gerhart Article; Interesting Look Back

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by eriadoc, Apr 21, 2010.

1. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

A friend of mine sent this to me, and it's dated Dec. 18, 2009. He makes some good points, but the board is way different at this point.

LINK

As to the first, I agree. He's played well against guys that have gone on to the NFL and against some good PAC-10 teams. As for the second bolded, I believe Gerhart ended up running a 4.5 40, so a tad bit faster than this guy projected.

Two points here: 1.) I would like to see Gerhart on our stretch play. I think it would be a thing of beauty. 2.) Not a big Spiller fan, either. I know this is the type of back that people fall in love with, but I'm just not sold.

rmartin65 likes this.
  2. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

Now we probably don't have to spend the first on him!

3. wagonhed

wagonhed Team Gruden

Dwyer plz

4. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

Nice find. I will be downright ecstatic if the Texans draft this guy. Ecstatic.

Also, I would take just about anyone over Dwyer. The stench of bust is upon him. Out of the highly talked about backs, I see him having the worst career.

5. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

Yeah, I agree. I'm pretty interested in Tate also, but I think Gerhart is the best value in the draft.

6. Insideop

Insideop Hall of Fame

Though I don't quite share your "man love" for DT Jeff Owens (I do like him better than the other undersized DT's), I do have to agree with you about Gerhart. I just have that feeling he will have a great career, especially after watching a few of Stanford's games last year. Kubes and Smith say they want a physical hard nosed runner, you can't find any better than Gerhart IMO.

If they go DB in the 1st and get Gerhart in the 2nd, and yes Owens in the 4th/5th, and the FS Johnson in the 4th/5th, I'd be happy. :hurrah:

7. kiwitexansfan

kiwitexansfan Site Contributor

All the talk about a physical running game points at a Gerhart type back more than a Mathews type back.

I'd be more than happy to fill another need round one and then get Gerhart round two.