Death of former Colt results in murder charges

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by CloakNNNdagger, Jul 12, 2009.

1. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

.................27 years later!

This decision could have unbelievable implications in other liiability cases (eg., injuries caused by drunk drivers) resulting in hemi or paraplegia since these patient eventually succumb to complications of their condition such as pressure ulcers or urinary tract infections (because of the need for continuous indwelling bladder catheter due to paralysed bladder muscles).

LINK

2. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

If he's already in jail for the rest of his life, why waste the tax payer's money?

3. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

Execution?

4. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Is he in a capital punishment state?

I just don't like wasting tax payer's money if it can be avioded. Just slip a note into his file saying he needs to stay in jail for all of those 80 something years.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
  5. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Ohio is a death penalty state. Besides this, there may be a push to establish legal precendence on the question of applicablity of the 5th Amendment prohibition of "double jeopardy," and as it applies to "long-term ultimate" liability (setting the stage for a civil proceeding). Maybe Frog or Steph could offer a more accurate response.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
  6. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

Why don't we worry about this if he comes up for parole for his sexual assault sentence? Isn't this a separate crime and can be tried for on its own?

This is a silly waste of valuable legal resources and money. I want prosecuters to be focused on putting people in jail, not trying to keep a rotting old man in prison who will most likely die there anyway?

Eh. Pay off another prisoner to finish him off is what i'd do but then again there's a very good reason why i'm not in the legal business. I'd just do away with evereybody. I take a very hard stance on violent criminals. Very hard. FIRM BELIEVER IN THE DEATH PENALTY. I like how China does it. Shoot 'em and bill the family for the price of a bullet.

Stop building prisons and build death chambers.