Dear Mr Mcnair, us real Texan fans don't really want Aso or a real vet CB!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by El Tejano, Jun 20, 2011.

1. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

The team you have is good and if you sign those guys all you will be doing is increasing your jersey sales and PSLs.

Plus we as the fans who have supported your team for so long don't really like them. They don't increase our chance of winning with the guys you brought us. If you don't sign them, you will be satisfying everyone of us because we just knew in our heart of hearts that you would LISTEN TO THE FANS AND YOU WOULD BE MAKING US RIGHT. WE KNOW YOU ARE AN OWNER THAT LETS US FANS DICTATE WHAT YOU DO. SO PLEASE BOB, DON'T SIGN THESE GUYS!!!!

LISTEN TO OUR PLEA BOB!!! MAKE US RIGHT BOB!!!! WE KNOW YOU NEVER LET US DOWN!!!!

For those who are unaware, I'm the person who started the "Mario, You Suck" threads and Mario always gets sacks the next game!

2. rarazz00

rarazz00 VOLUME 10

I guess a little reverse psychology doesn't hurt....we would be bad ass and maybe even relevant with the addition of Namdi and our defense should flourish...it damn sure will be better than it was!...though thats the defensive phase addressed...now 'specials' is the next phase...Trindon Holliday?...Jacoby Jones?...Steve Slaton?...Derick Anderson?....what to do?:thinking:

3. Norg

Norg -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

i dont really care if we get ASO hes the big name that will come with a big price tag

i just think we need any good Vet CB why do yall guyz always want the top projected Free agent ???

with the price of ASO we could prob get Two Veteran CB instead

4. Allstar

Allstar Bona fide

Aso can play man with no help. Aso shuts down half the field. He's in his prime and the only compensation it would take to get him is money. He does things that allows us freedom with exotic packages that we couldn't do with any other CB.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  5. czarleon

czarleon Rookie

Nnamdi is to CB as Andre is to WR. There is NO reason to not make a serious effort to sign him. This isn't like Dunta, who is a great CB, this is having the option of signing the BEST at what he does in the prime of his career with no penalty other than the paycheck.

6. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/06/19/mmqb/3.html

The five reasons Bob McNair and the Houston Texans must go after Nnamdi Asomugha, and must go after him hard, whenever free agency opens:

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/06/19/mmqb/index.html#ixzz1PqmACAOK

7. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

If the Texans don't make a serious effort to sign Aso then in my opinion the Texans haven't made a serious effort to be a winning football team and that will say everything I need to hear about them. This isn't something you miscalculate or "should have tried harder to do" after the fact. If they can't see what adding this man to a football team does then they're nothing less than a lost cause.

Trying and failing I can accept. Making no effort, or some sort of token effort to get him though would be an insult to everyone who ever spent a dime on anything related to this team.

FirstTexansFan likes this.
  8. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Since when did Dunta become a great CB?

9. gary

gary Hall of Fame

Let's define great here.

10. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

I'd rather have J. Joseph or Brandon Carr plus $4+ million extra cap room the next 5 or 6 years... Or, Brent Grimes/Richard Marshall/Antonio Cromartie/Chris Carr/etc... and an extra $6 million or more in cap room.

11. silvrhand

silvrhand Site Contributor

Personally,

I'd rather spend about 4-8 millon on a corner, and 4-8 millon on a free safety, sorry we need safety help just as bad if not worse as we do corner help.

18 million to plug one hole is gonna be a tough pill to swallow for me.

12. gary

gary Hall of Fame

I am more in the group of signing one or two good CB's rather than just one All Pro caliber CB because the Texans need so much assistance on defense.

13. IBleedTexans

IBleedTexans Superbowl Bound

Just think about it , if aso take one whole side of the field , then we could have glover helping whoever they choose to put in cb #2. Whether it be KJ or Jason Allen . It would be like having 2 corners on the right side. Our defense would sound pretty sick with both good pass coverage and good pass rush. I don't know about you guys but that sure sounds like playoff berth to me.

14. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

There are very few free agent deals out there that could be characterized as being a "sure thing". In fact there probably aren't any at all. Aso is as close to one as I've ever seen. I see a bunch of guys on your list who look to have as much chance of being our next "Jacques Reeves" as they do to locking down the position. We aren't exactly the luckiest team to ever grace the NFL so good luck with that. At least you'll have another $4-$6 million in cap room to sign those mid-season cast-offs you'll be depending on.

15. gary

gary Hall of Fame

I'd take Jason Allen and ASO in a heart beat but as long as Gary Kubiak is coach I am not going to ever be sure about a playoff berth.

16. Trap_Star

Trap_Star SiteContributor

Bob, pay no attention to this thread. If you really want to know what to do then me and you should get together soon. We'll take one of your best luxury cars, pick up a couple of hookers, get some blow...man, me and you could knock out a gameplan for this franchise so easily. PM when you're ready.

17. gary

gary Hall of Fame

I keep on forgetting about Allen who's good enough to be paired with probably the best CB in the NFL if it is not Reevis.

18. czarleon

czarleon Rookie

When Dunta was here I would classify him as a top 10 CB. Now last year he tried to put himself into a coma and that definately hurt his production, but I would still say Dunta is a pretty dang good CB, but maybe great was a bit too complimentary.

19. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

He could have only been considered a very adequate CB near the beginning of his career. Do you remember the little question of would he ever totally come back, even to that performance level, from his injury?

20. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

For TheRealJoker to get any aso, we're gonna need Aso on the field.