Dear Matt Schaub

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TEXANRED, Sep 13, 2009.

1. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

Its now going on 3 years of your reign as the face of the franchise. It has sucked. You have sucked. This team has sucked with you guiding it. The first two years have been spent waiting for you to get off the injured list. You are the Reggie Bush of QB's.

What was that? You were part of an offense that was ranked #3 last year? Well first, that was last year. Second we finished 27th in the important category, scoring. And thirdly, how many games did you start last year?

Your boring me at this point. Your holding us back. If its not you being injured then its your poor play. Its time to go. No option will be picked up so you might as well go sit on the bench.

You have no heart. No passion. No completive spirit. I have heard a lot of talk about you being a leader but have yet to see it. Its time for you to take your dog and go home. And leave your big bag of money behind.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

someone in another thread said there should be mandatory football IQ tests for all members next year...I nominate TEXANRED. This thread is dumb as hell.

3. Jackie Chiles

Jackie Chiles Hall of Fame

17th scoring offense but we are probably about the 27th against any defense worth a lick.

4. euro-Texan

euro-Texan All Pro

This post is ridiculous! Schaub had a piss poor performace TODAY! but come on man. Last year against Green Bay he was the man. Hell other than the Raiders game he was on fire after coming back from hs injury. An injury that would have put any QB out for a while. I'm pissed about today, but this poster has drank much more than me tonight.

5. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

I'm sorry, but who are you?

6. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

Schaub has done nothing but set this franchise back. Think about it, every time he starts to get onto a roll he gets hurt. Or if the franchise is about to take a step forward he collapses. Remember the Cleveland game a few years back? We were actually on a roll and at the .500 mark in the middle of the year and what happened? He stunk it up against the worst pass D in the league and continued the free fall to the middle the following weeks. Or how about last year when we should of been able to win out? Sure we started 0-4 but our next 12 games where all winnable. And what happened? He got hurt and played poorly on our way to the middle.

There are a slew of examples over the past 33 games that support he is not a championship caliber QB. Either he has been physically unable to play or he has been mentally unable to play. And if he is not a championship caliber QB than why is he here?

7. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

I nominate myself as the official writer and scorer for the test. I further nominate myself to be the official interpreter of the test!

8. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

I've thought about it and Schaub's a heckuva lot better than David Carr. He's definitely moved this franchise forward. I don't think you can get too much further back after the Carr era.

I think Schaub had a bad game but I don't blame him for this one either. This has to go on to the middle of the line. I won't single out Meyers like many posters have. I'm just going to say the middle of the line. The offensive line is a unit and they're just as good as their weakest link. What I mean is that they will never be better than their weakest link but the unit has to pull itself together and help the weakest link. It's somewhere in the middle of the line.

9. euro-Texan

euro-Texan All Pro

I think we just need to be a bit more flexable from our coaching philosophy. Against the 3-4 we should use the pass to set up the rush or our small line will get.... you all saw the game

10. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

I agree that Matt Schaub is better than David Carr. But I also agree that Chocolate cake is tastier than Brussel sprouts. (Schaub being the cake)

But lets look at his body of work over the last two years:

http://www.nfl.com/players/mattschaub/gamelogs?id=SCH085186&season=2008

http://www.nfl.com/players/mattschaub/gamelogs?id=SCH085186&season=2007

He is 10 and 14 when starting and has missed 10 complete games and knocked out of 2 games in two years.

This was a big game for Schaub. Did he play like it? No. Did he want it? No. If you want to see what a QB that wants it looks like turn to his rookie counter part. Sanchez wanted it. It showed. And he proved it. Sanchez was pressured. He was hurried and flushed out too all game. But a guy who started only 13 college games and 0 pro games out played a 6 year vet and showed competitiveness and passion and the will to win.

The only thing that Schaub has given this team in going on 3 years are high expectations finished off with heartache and disappointment.

Schaub is the leader. He needed to make plays. He didn't. He needed to inspire. He didn't. He needed to act like he cared. He didn't.

11. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

In the heat of the moment, I admit I lost it and created the "Bench Schaub" thread, so I probably would have failed that IQ test.

But, evaluating how bad that Pitts and Myers were both made into Chris Jenkins' personal bitches, and Slaton not able to run the ball anymore, well . . .how could Schaub not end up on his ass all the time?

It was a team effort all the way.

12. Napa Auto Parts

Napa Auto Parts Hall of Fame

Matt is awfull we should of stuck with David Carr may be we can give the Giants a call our 1st and 2nd rounder should be enough to get him.

13. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

I don't think the problem was Schaub. The whole team lacked disciplined today. The Jets didn't do anything special, yet the offense looked totally inept. A few people mentioned it and I think it's true...they were moving at practice speed.

14. Norg

Norg -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

We are going to live and die this season lets face facts

Rex grossmen are u serious

Unless schaub plays horrid Rex will not be seeing the field and we go like 0-6

15. ATXtexanfan

ATXtexanfan Site Contributor

I love how one guy gets singled out in the ultimate team sport. Schaub will be fine when the five guys in front of him get it together pass and run blocking. Bad performance by all on O including coaches.

GP likes this.
  16. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

Ah thats sweet. Both you and Mr tex added something to the conversation and displayed your single digit IQ's appropriately.

17. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

And you displayed your as smart as vince young and his 6 on the wonderlic with this thread.

18. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Carr was not the best QB on our roster, Schaub is.

19. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Good job Marcus. My initial reactions were towards just a few. After looking at it a again, I was able to see that it was a complete team meltdown too. And yes Jenkins is Myers and Pitt's Daddy!!

20. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

:rolleyes:

he's somebody who didnt make a lame venting thread. i neg repped you for the terrible thread. i also think you werent watching the same game if you thought this was schaub's fault & not the bad blocking we had

btw who are you? who are any of us? do you think you're anything more than just another poster or something?