Deandre Hopkins thinks he was benched because of one play

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Lord Bills, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Lord Bills

Lord Bills Destruction

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/22/hopkins-thinks-he-was-benched-because-of-one-play/

Just another sad mark against Kubiak if true.

2. Texanmike02

Texanmike02 Site Contributor

3. amazing80

amazing80 Site Contributor

old news, was from last week

4. ziggy29

ziggy29 Hall of Fame

The bottom line to me is that this coaching staff has lost the team so much that the players have increasingly little regard for keeping everything in the locker room.

5. Lord Bills

Lord Bills Destruction

didnt see it posted. its not like we cant use some new threads on this site. too many old threads stay up.

or the coaching staff in the hot seat overreacting and compensating for their incompetence and failure this year by instituting draconian zero tolerance policy and taking out their frustrations by over-disciplining their players.

See the keenum benching
    See the hopkins benching
    See the cutting of 3 young players who could have helped us now

6. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

I never saw this. Kubiak can't gtfo out of here fast enough.

KA4Texan likes this.
  7. Lord Bills

Lord Bills Destruction

absolutely.

everybody is held accountable except for matt schaub, kubiak, joe marciano, and rick smith.

8. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Pro BS'er

Hopkins isn't immune he has made his fair share of mistskes. Atrocious run blocker and worse speed than I ever imagined. But he's a rookie so let's just give him a pass and keep piling on Kubiak and blaming him for not coaching how to run,block and catch.

If Hopkins made more plays and jacked off less then maybe he stays on the field. At this point I'd rather see Jean get more reps, he has legit speed at least.

9. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

Posey has every opportunity to eclipse him next year if he plays his cards right and doesn't face another injury. He's everything Hopkins was supposed to be.

10. TexansSeminole

Jean has been given 2 years now and he hasn't accomplished a damn thing. Hopkins accomplished more in 2 games. Weird, out of touch comment.

This is 2013, remember? Not 2012.

11. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Pro BS'er

Hell yeah I agree, Posey is a playmaker. Where has he been? I'd be more upset with not putting out the best talent vs catering to a belly aching 1st round pick who isn't getting it done and isn't entitled to ****.

12. Lord Bills

Lord Bills Destruction

who drafted him?

13. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

All these guys arent playing up to their potential b/c we dont really have a qb....but lestar jean.....he's had 2 years.....he's trash.

he's 1 step removed from where he should be....out of the league.

14. Lord Bills

Lord Bills Destruction

havent we heard this before about the texans?

15. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Pro BS'er

I'm not going to go nuts and say Jean is an answer, only that he has more speed than anyone on the corps.

Speed kills, once the tape was out dbs just play soft cushion ob Hopkins and keep him in front, no risk of breaking away.

Today he finally makes seperation on the last drive, pass hits him ob the hands in stride and he crapped the bed.

16. TexansSeminole

Can't take you seriously.

Ya, let's bench Hopkins for Jean.

One of the worst ideas I have read today.

17. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Pro BS'er

Kubiak is out, I mean its beating a dead horse, why not lump this thread into the fire kubiak thread since that's what its become.

I just won't give nuke a pass that easily.

18. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Pro BS'er

Great conclusion making skills. I say play guys who make plays, if Hopkins isn't doing squat out there then put other guys out there and give them a shot, don't force feed the same tired players during a 2-9 season under a pretense that they give you the best chance to win. Mix it up, do something different.

19. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

This goes back to the whole "I have no problems holding a player accountable and pulling a player.. especially the QB" comment.

You are what you are and Kubiak sounded like a fake ass tough coach, which goes against everything he has been.. to now act tough or attempt to hold people "accountable" it just comes off as fake toughness and like you're forcing it, and players can see straight through it (and we wonder why Andre walked off the field :rolleyes:).. once they do, you lose the lockerroom.

That's when it's time to move on.,

I mean how the hell does this guy even try to put on that persona when we still employ the crap STs coach and kicker. He basically said, "hey guys, when it's my neck in the ringer, you better not make any mistakes (like I have) or else" It's not until his ass is in the slinger that he talks and acts like this. Players can sense that and it's a little to late coach, the train has already left the station. If you're going to go into self preservation mode, then so will they.

Exhibit A why Kubiak needs to be let go tomorrow. That's one thing I'll give Capers.. no matter how many games he lost or how much he sucked, he never changed who he was.

20. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

This is one of those things where no matter what the truth is the coach ends up looking bad. If he pulled Hopkins for one mistake then that's stupid and pointless. If he pulled Hopkins for a bunch of things he's doing wrong and yet Hopkins is under the impression that it was about a single mistake on a single play then Kubiak's not reaching his players anymore. He's not communicating with them OR they don't give a damn what he says and are just hearing what they want to hear.

Either what it amounts to is that if Bob or Rick or Gary thinks that Kubiak hasn't lost the locker room they don't know what it means to lose the locker room. These guys are Gary's friends. They aren't his guys.

bah007 likes this.