Deandre Hopkins could have been playing in SB LI

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by cbs1507, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Norg

Norg -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

i would have traded Jjoe for Collins no brainer

2. Norg

Norg -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

i would have traded Jjoe for Collins no brainer

3. Scooter

Scooter Funky

I think I would. With a different coaching staff maybe not, but we can't fully use Hopkins and while he has a near Larry Fitzgerald 'go up and get it', that's all he has. No separation or long speed, and his routes have gotten a bit sloppy. A #1b receiver for a potential #1 quarterback, I'd take the deal.

4. JCTexan

JCTexan Hall of Fame

No. Nuk had a down year because of Os. He's still a great WR. Jimmy G is less proven than Osweiler was when we signed him last year.

Texas Jake and 76Texan like this.
  5. chicagotexan2

chicagotexan2 RickSmithSUX

Without a doubt Belichek could make Osweiler look like a hall of fame extra point holder.

6. WolverineFan

WolverineFan Hall of Fame

Straight up? Absolutely not. Hopkins is a proven All-Pro. JG is not proven whatsoever.

If the Pats threw some picks in then we can talk.

7. Norg

Norg -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Never trade for any player NE is willing to let go history has showed it never works out

ObsiWan likes this.
  8. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder King of the Potato People

A top 10 OLB that can rush the passer, cover TEs and RBs, and is just entering his prime, for a 32 year old CB? Yes please. I would have done that deal. The Browns just signed him to a 4 year 50m deal worth 12.5m per year. That's not a bad deal if you think Collins will continue to get better with experience. Cut Cushing and you got half of that available to spend.

Double Barrel likes this.
  9. humblegeo

humblegeo Veteran

He gets paid millions of dollars a year to play right here and unless we ever get a quarterback, he can forget about a Superbowl. I would imagine they are paying Osweiler more than Tom Brady makes. LOL Great job Rick Smith.....you really!!!! know what your doing. Enjoy this one McNair, to the fullest extent possible while I lmfao specifically at you.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  10. chenjy9

chenjy9 All Pro

If it was a heads up trade, I would agree and the Texans probably would have done it in a heartbeat. Problem is, we don't know what other things were asked for. For example, if they wanted to trade him for JJo and multiple picks or a first/second rounder, I wouldn't bite either.

11. powda

powda Team BLEACH!

The reason i heard for them letting go of collins was he wasnt disciplined, free lanced, and steadily blew assignments. Not sure if heard on radio or tv. Sorry no link.

12. Dutchrudder

No way were they asking for that much, they traded him for a comp 3rd. A comp 3rd is what they would have likely gotten for him signing elsewhere this offseason. So take JJos value and subtract that against a late 3rd, and you can figure our the rest . The Pats wanted to get rid of him and getting a good veteran would have been preferable to a pick, but they couldn't work it out. The Texans could have had a LB that can cover well, which is something we lack. Would have been interesting to see them try this, but not a big deal to pass on it either.

13. chenjy9

chenjy9 All Pro

Didn't know that. Thanks for the info!

14. powda

powda Team BLEACH!

15. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

I thought comp picks weren't tradeable

16. Dutchrudder

It's a new rule that goes into effect this year: Owners OK trading of compensatory picks, shorten legal tampering window http://es.pn/1Oy4sAE

powda and JB like this.
  17. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

:spit::spit:

18. Texecutioner

So much for that. :spit:

19. JCTexan

JCTexan Hall of Fame

What is funny? Patriots backups haven't exactly been successful and Texans fans should know that. Ryan Mallet, Brian Hoyer, Matt Cassell anyone? Why would we trade an All-Pro caliber WR for Jimmy G when he's not proven and only cost New England a late 2nd round pick?

20. Texecutioner

The fact that you correlate those guys to some other guy is silly. Those guys are all individuals. Just like Garropalo is. You're just a Texans fan who can't get over the fact that Mallet and Hoyer stunk here, and you're trying to apply their lack of success to any QB that ever put on a Patriots jersey. What's funny, and so hypocritical on this site is that every time the Texans have some garbage backup with way less potential everyone acts like he is about to break out and holds so much hope even though the history of the Texans backups have been dreadful. QB's are all individuals. What one guy did 12 years ago or 5 years ago has nothing to do with what some other guy who came into the league later can do now. The whole narrative of that is just supersticious nonsense. If Garropalo doesn't end up playing well as a starter somewhere else it will have nothing to do with other previous QB's from NE.

Texans fans fuss and moan about not having a QB endlessly, but every time the idea of having to get one comes up where you have to give up assets to get one, you guys want to be cheap and don't want to play. Then the season comes around, and everyone goes back to bitching about not having a QB. He isn't coming here any way, so its a moot point by now. But get ready for another season to weep about QB play.

battleredready likes this.