Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

DD had MRI

TexansFan4EvR

Practice Squad
Davis, 25, pedaled on a stationary bike, continuing his rehabilitation from surgery on his left knee in January. As a precaution, the Texans asked Davis to undergo an MRI to survey for new damage, but nothing new appeared in the results.

"We took an MRI (Saturday), and it looked good," head coach Gary Kubiak said of Davis' knee. "It is bothering him. It may be a process where he goes two days and then takes a day off and comes back with two more."

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/

Well his knee is healthy why is it still inflammed? He had the surgery back in january. I mean hes only 25 how long does it take to get over a knee injury. ACL takes about 8 to 9 months and he didnt tear his.:francis:

I'm not much on gut feelings...but I don't feel all that great about DD's chances of making a recovery to be an impact this season.

I wish him the best, but I fully expect to have someone else as starter at RB this season.

TexansFan4EvR said:
Davis, 25, pedaled on a stationary bike, continuing his rehabilitation from surgery on his left knee in January. As a precaution, the Texans asked Davis to undergo an MRI to survey for new damage, but nothing new appeared in the results.

"We took an MRI (Saturday), and it looked good," head coach Gary Kubiak said of Davis' knee. "It is bothering him. It may be a process where he goes two days and then takes a day off and comes back with two more."

Well his knee is healthy why is it still inflammed? He had the surgery back in january. I mean hes only 25 how long does it take to get over a knee injury. ACL takes about 8 to 9 months and he didnt tear his.:francis:

Knee scope usually takes 4-6 weeks to fully recover from. Carson Palmer's injury in the playoffs consisted of numerous ligament tears, a shredded ligament, damaged cartilage and a dislocated kneecap, and he has been participating in camp for the last month or so.

texan279 said:
Knee scope usually takes 4-6 weeks to fully recover from. Carson Palmer's injury in the playoffs consisted of numerous ligament tears, a shredded ligament, damaged cartilage and a dislocated kneecap, and he has been participating in camp for the last month or so.
that one does make you wonder now doesnt it....

Double Barrel said:
I'm not much on gut feelings...but I don't feel all that great about DD's chances of making a recovery to be an impact this season.

I wish him the best, but I fully expect to have someone else as starter at RB this season.

I get the same feeling. I hope we get Bennett. At least we'll have a young RB who's rushed for over 1000 yards before.

I hope we don't get Bennet, I wanna see if our RB's can step up, and I don't like the idea of the Texans losing a draft pick.

TexansFan4EvR said:

I want to say one of chronicle's article mentioned that Davis does not have a normal amount of cartilage, so this change the dynamics of what's going on with the knee. Three are some medical people who post on this board who probably could explain it better.

Edit for link: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/4082817.html

Davis is the key to the Texans' running game, and he has been nursing a sore knee that is running short of cartilage. The plan was to let him practice once a day, but soreness after the second day caused him to get an MRI exam that didn't show any new damage.

Davis is the key to the Texans' running game, and he has been nursing a sore knee that is running short of cartilage. The plan was to let him practice once a day, but soreness after the second day caused him to get an MRI exam that didn't show any new damage.

I am no medical expert, but that does not sound good...

texan279 said:

I would think that it would be easier for a QB to recover from that type of injury (unless you're Vick) since the necessity to make quick cuts and plants are more demanding for a running back.

TexMexVato said:
I would think that it would be easier for a QB to recover from that type of injury (unless you're Vick) since the necessity to make quick cuts and plants are more demanding for a running back.

My point was that Palmer's injuries were very serious, could have been career ending, and he is on the field practicing, not rehabbing his knee, and he had his surgery after DD did.

I posted this on the other DD thread. I am sure he is in pain, and it is inflammed a bit. I tore my meniscus as well as tore and had removed most of my cartilage in my ankle when I broke and dislocated it. There is scar tissue that needs to be loosened up. Plus it will feel different and ache at the end of the day. My knee still cracks and pops. To me it is more of a psychological hurtle. DD has to realize he will need to take some advil, and spend extra time with the trainers after the game. The heat doesn't help, but that is what an ice maker is for. He just needs get out there and go with it. Whoever is the number 2 back will get more reps all season to help reduce the load.

Pigskin Porkers said:
I posted this on the other DD thread. I am sure he is in pain, and it is inflammed a bit. I tore my meniscus as well as tore and had removed most of my cartilage in my ankle when I broke and dislocated it. There is scar tissue that needs to be loosened up. Plus it will feel different and ache at the end of the day. My knee still cracks and pops. To me it is more of a psychological hurtle. DD has to realize he will need to take some advil, and spend extra time with the trainers after the game. The heat doesn't help, but that is what an ice maker is for. He just needs get out there and go with it. Whoever is the number 2 back will get more reps all season to help reduce the load.

I'm afraid that's the advice that repeatedly he received prior to his finally sucumbing to the scope.

TexanSam said:
I get the same feeling. I hope we get Bennett. At least we'll have a young RB who's rushed for over 1000 yards before.
I just don't get all the love some of you people are giving Bennett. I have to sit across from a bunch of Vikings fans every time I go to the sports bar to watch the Texans play, so I have seen alot of Bennet. Believe me, he isn't all that. He seems to get injured more than Fred Taylor, and that's saying something. One thing that is really telling to me about a player is how the fans of his previous team feel about him leaving. In this case, most of the Vikings fans that I talked to didn't care that he was leaving. I would have expected negativity over him leaving, or even regret that he was leaving, but I really didn't expect them to not care. I mean, these are hardcore Vikes fans, and they just didn't care.

Pigskin Porkers said:

I also had a meniscus tear and cartilage damage in my knee repaired in high school because of football injury. Majority of the time I feel no pain, but sometimes I do feel pain so bad I can barely walk, and it has been like that since I had the surgery.

I'd lay odds that the MRI will show another tear in the meniscus and he'll need another 'scope. Does anyone know if they tried to repair the meniscii in January or did they just snip off the tear and smooth the rough spots?

DocBar said:
I'd lay odds that the MRI will show another tear in the meniscus and he'll need another 'scope. Does anyone know if they tried to repair the meniscii in January or did they just snip off the tear and smooth the rough spots?

Would a tear in the meniscus be causing this much of a problem though with the pain and swelling?

DocBar said:

I don't think they have ever really said pubically, but the bits I have gathered here and there seem to indicate that it was the snip and smooth option. Remember the expectation was a two to four week maybe six week on the outside recovery and that he should have been ready to particapate in the OTAs in May/June.

Back