DD Fan in the House.....

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by djkennedy101, Dec 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djkennedy101

djkennedy101 Rookie

Was up yall I'm new to the message board....I'm a native Houstonian, but now live in Omaha Nebraska...I'm also a die hard LSU fan....Is it just me or does anyone else see the value of DD....aside from his minimal blocking skills... the dude is good....I take that back.... REAL GOOD...if it wasnt for the crappy O-line this year and previous years he would be a perinal back in the league....anyone else feel this way or not....Discuss....OH and by the way....we should be happy we have someone like DD on the Texans....Trade the high draft pick for some good lineman.....Disscuss:rolleyes:

2. touttail

touttail All Pro

Me too! I used to go to two LSU games every year when I was living in Louisiana. Was a Saint fan too------LOL ! Glad to see Double D doing good, but man wish he wasn't so injury prone!

Bobby 119C:brickwall

3. cap1

cap1 All Pro

I like DD too. I hope he can contribute for years to come.

Does anyone still have the web address for his site?

4. djkennedy101

djkennedy101 Rookie

didnt know he had a website...gonna have to look into it....I think the injury situation is just a minor setback...but if he actully played a whole season with a decent O-line...WOW what a season that would be....I hope he stays with the team......Go LSU beat Miami!!!!

5. Meloy

Meloy Hall of Fame

I just don't see him taking a carry long distance to the house. Bush on the other hand would score on some of those that DD didn't get in. I think we will beat San Fran and use 2nd pick to trade down for D'brickshaw @ left tackle.

6. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

How many times did you see Emmitt Smith take it 70 yds? Just because he isnt a burner, dosnt mean he isnt a very good back. Edgerin James isnt that fast, he still gets it done. It is not about speed

7. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

C'mon folks--don't turn every freakin thread into a Bush discussion.

8. eric138

eric138 Veteran

9. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

The run blocking isn't bad. Its the pass protection that reeks. DA U!!!

10. DRAMA

DRAMA All Pro

How many times did Emmitt miss 5-6 games a year? We all love DD and with him and Bush, we could be electric back there. But as of this posting, DD is NOT a 1000 yard rusher and may not get there. So, if we can't say anything positive about Bush without getting blasted that he's never done it at this level (Which is a horrifically stupid argument considering he isn't IN the NFL yet) then let's not quite start calling DD - Emmitt freaking Smith.

11. Big B Texan Fan

Big B Texan Fan Hall of Fame

Along with the 1000 yrd. rushing aspect. It's nothing to be a 1000 yrd rusher any more. Let me take that back, it is someting but not what it used to be. Now it's more like 1300+ yrds is the minimum threshhold with 1500+ yrds knocking on the doors of greatness.

12. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

OK folks--learn to not turn every thread into a Bush thread or have them shut down.

Oh and:

Well let's see Alex, I will go for what is one more time than DD.

Two seasons down and a third almost certainly on the way have you wrong, but OK. Doesn't mean he is great, but sheesh, let's make silly statements how about?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.