DC and the dumpoff

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by thetexanator, Sep 12, 2006.

1. thetexanator

thetexanator All Pro

could u guys imagine carr doing his dumpoff's to bush, we coulda had a couple more td's if we had bush against the eagles.:stirpot:

2. Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry Veteran

Keep Dreaming and the NO message board is >>>>>>>> that away.

3. bigTEXan8

bigTEXan8 All Pro

blah blah blah blah blah reggie bush is the worlds best blah blah blah blah mario williams sucks...my ears are bleeding.

4. CarrIsFine

CarrIsFine Rookie

The bottom line is Bush looked like the real deal last Sunday. Texan fans can rationalize and be fine with the #1 pick all day long, but 140 total yards would have helped this team. The guy lined up at WR at least 10 times and looked like he was back in college. These type of posts will not go away, as he is only going to get better.

5. Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry Veteran

Only time will tell. All I have to say right now.

6. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

4 yards a carry, 6 yards a catch! WOW!!! Wait? No, not against...uhhh, Cleaveland? Holy crap! One of the two teams that we beat last year....we, of the 2-14 record....great

Texans_Chick likes this.
  7. infantrycak

infantrycak Lead Moderator Staff Member

Some folks are easily impressed--before Reggie is the "real deal" he needs to beat the contribution of an average to slightly above average rookie RB in the games which got his starting role and first start:

7 carries, 59 yds, 8.5 ypc, 22 long--7 rec. 70 yds
    27 carries, 129 yds, 4.8 ypc, 16 long--9 rec. 70 yds

Somehow 14 carries, 61 yds, 4 ypc, 18 long--8 rec. 58 yds just doesn't seem soooo wonderful. Yes he has more upside but he has a lot to prove to show he is the $60 mil man.

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS likes this.
  8. bigTEXan8

bigTEXan8 All Pro

thank you...it was cleveland, i mean c'mon. they weren't playin' baltimore or chicago, or another top tier d. bush is good, don't get me wrong, but i expected bush to do good against the browns. williams will be a force, don't worry about it.

9. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

I can and that is why we passed on Bush. Who in the world needs a 7 million QB throwing dump offs to an 8 million RB? The TD's Reggie scored in his short NFL career would have helped us on Sunday (since they are easily transfFerable), not to mention the pressure he put on the QB coming off the of the defensive line. :rolleyes:

10. gg no re

gg no re iggnorent

DD averages 8.3 ypc.

The return on investment would yield a loss.

11. Divebomb

Divebomb Veteran

Could you imagine having all the Bush Homers leave the message board, WHAT BLISS that would be.

12. Come on now, there is a reason Reggie Bush was selected so high, the guy does have talent. There is no doubt he would have helped us out on Sunday because A) He is better than any RB we had on Sunday. B) He is better than any Kick Returner we had on Sunday.

Now the debate can continue about the Bush vs Mario draft, but please don't deny that Bush is a good prospect. And typically running backs have an easier rookie year than most other positions.

Am I saying that Mario Williams is a bust? No. Am I saying we should have selected Bush instead? No. I was in the trade down camp to get D'Brick or D'Angelo Williams. With D'Brick we still would have our growing pains as well. Bush was the only immediate impact player in the top echelon of the draft however because he plays the RB position, all the other just take time.

13. Texans86

Texans86 All Pro

If Bush continues as his current yards per carry and yards per catch averages, he'll at best be an average runnning back. Maybe slightly above average.

Of course I doubt that happens, much like I doubt Mario continues with two tackles a game and one assist. One game means very little in fro personal stats or else we could pencil in Carr to have 3200 yards right now, with sixteen touchdowns and zero interceptions. Let the players play, please.

14. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Good post, man. I agree.

15. CarrIsFine

CarrIsFine Rookie

Good post. I just pointed out that Bush looked good,was lining up at WR and could have helped the Texans. I don't care who he was playing, he was the best player on the field and helped his team win. Bush doesn't have to be the bad guy just because Houston didn't pick him.

16. infantrycak

infantrycak Lead Moderator Staff Member

He is an excellent prospect. I just think it is ridiculous how anything he does at all is treated like proof of his greatness. Heck folks are manufacturing things to be impressed about adding in punt return yards like that was a big deal. Dude averged 7.3 yds per return--JJ Moses averaged 8.6 yds per return his last year with the Texans. He had a decent game and will undoubtedly have some great games this year--his athleticism lets him really exploit any mistake such as on his 18 yd run last weekend when one defender hit him with his shoulder instead of wrapping up after about 3 yds. That said his performance is this particular game wasn't earth shattering or proof he is worth 50% more than other RB's in the league.

17. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

The thing I like most about Bush is his work ethic. Sure he's a showboater, and sure he's a pretty boy, but when it comes down to, he wants to be the very best. That kid is unbelievably motivated.

I'm not saying that Williams isn't, but it does scare me that other posters have said he took plays off in college, and may have that tendency at the pro level.

18. Tulip

Tulip Hall of Fame

Domanick Davis averaged 6 yards per carry in his first pro game.

No running back is worth #1 money in the NFL today.

19. BradK10

BradK10 Hall of Fame

delete thread ban user

20. TFL

TFL Veteran

yeah i also think he could of applied a pass rush and helped in pass coverage also

:sarcasm: