Dayne

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wolf, Oct 15, 2006.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

due to CBS and their blackouts of the Texan games, I only got to see the 1st game against Philly.

however watching this game against the cowboys..I finally get to see Ron Dayne.

I know our OL is not blocking worth spit, but Dayne looks exceptionally slow to me.(understatement)

Morency didn't look that slow

2. eric138

eric138 Veteran

what's this about blackouts? I'm a little concerned because our ranch is in Mountain Home, right up the road from you and I would hate to get up there thinking I was going to be watching the game in between hunts.. I almost went this weekend. 8o

3. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I got dishnetwork and the local san antonio stations are not playing the Texans

no since the Eagles game

mountain home huh.. Kerrville here :D

4. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

THey should set Dayne up maybe a yard or 2 closer to Carr because he or Fat Gado have NO SPEED to get into the hole.

Morency had it, but he could not pick up the blitz. I guess you can coach speed but not blitz recognition (lol)

5. eric138

eric138 Veteran

yeah, i saw that on your Location profile.. I've got Directv without NFL ticket so I'm guessing it is the same. Guess I will have to add the ticket to make sure I don't miss any away games.

6. Texas

Texas Hall of Fame

Dane is slow hes a power runner. The guy is like 240

7. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

There has been no hole.....

What they should do, is activate Dayne, or Gado, & Lundy. If there are no holes, and we have to try to run around the edges, we go with Lundy, if we can get some holes in the middle, like against washington indy, or Philly, then we go with the big guys.

8. LORK 88

LORK 88 Wreck'em Ŧech!

Dayne is slow and is anything BUT a power runner, thats the biggest misconception about this guy. Im all for giving Wali another shot because I cant take seeing Dayne lunge into the back of a pile another time . . .

9. dantem

dantem Veteran

Has anybody on this thread considered the fact that our offensive line can't open a hole for the backs to go through?

10. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

Dayne ran all over the Cowboys last Thanksgiving. We don't have the OL that Denver does, though.

Looked to me like the run blocking was the problem. Randy Cross even pointed out that there were defenders in the backfield as soon as the ball got handed off.

I nominate Mike Sherman for the goat.

11. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Are you saying you actually watched the game today or just guessing. Dayne looks like a poodle trying to hump the leg of the embarrassed little religious lady. He wouldn't know a hole if friggin Jenna Jameson was waiving a checkered flag at him.

scourge, JDizzle, Malloy and 3 others like this.
  12. scourge

scourge Digression King

13. HomeBred_Texan

HomeBred_Texan Hall of Fame

Did you watch the same game as I did? The holes were there. But everything collapses after a LONG period of time and that is exactly what happend. We have NO speed in the backfield...

14. Koolbrz

Koolbrz Veteran

Has anyone considered that we DO NOT!!! have a quality RB. The line is not to great either. Maybe, just maybe, if we had a back with speed and great vision he might be able to create something out of nothing. I am sick and tired of the way these backs are running. They run straight into a pile of people and go nowhere. I said before the draft, RB position would be our achillies heel this yr if we did not draft a rb and here we are 6 wks into the season and we have no running game. I can see ourselves with the 2nd maybe 3rd overall pick this coming draft. Hopefully, they will take the best back available this coming yr. and not screw it up like they did last yr. Then again they might want to stick with the backs we have and try and draft another overrated Defensive Lineman.

15. Dunta_23

Dunta_23 All Pro

Exactly true....Ron Dayne cannot and will not push a pile or get extra yards...he is BIG, FAT, and SLOW!!! With him in the backfield getting the majority of the carries we wont be able to run and we wont be able to win...

16. JDizzle

JDizzle I'm a dude

Greatest post ever.

17. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I agree that the blocking was not very good....but.. Dayne looks so slow running the ball. Wells looked better than that.

all through the game, I was thinking "How was he a heisman winner"?

He just looked like he was going in slow motion to me and with no power .. Wells seemed to have more power

18. The Mighty Texan

The Mighty Texan Rookie

Yes some of us know that we do Not have a Quality RB... May I suggest:

Michael Turner from SD... He would help us alot... I would give up a #2 pick for him today! He has Vision, Speed, Power and wants to start!!! Lets make it happen!

The Mighty Texan

Michael Turner Texans RB of the Future!!!!

19. JDizzle

JDizzle I'm a dude

Dayne = Stacey Mack. Hopefully one of the rookies shine in his absence.

20. chuckm

chuckm Hall of Fame

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Infantrycak again