Davon House

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by rarazz00, Apr 23, 2011.

1. rarazz00

rarazz00 VOLUME 10

I was toying with the idea of trading up for Peterson.(Peter King almost had me). Then I looked on Walter football and saw that this cat Davon House would probably be available in the second round...I think we'll look for a 3-4 rusher in round 1 and aquire our DB in the second...I like this guy and it seems Davon House can help us without losing our draft pics.................... Davon House CB, New Mexico State
    Height: 6-1. Weight: 200.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.44.
    Combine 40 Time: 4.43.
    Pro Day 40 Time: 4.35.
    Benchx225: 14. Vertical: 33.5. Arm: 31 7/8.
    Projected Round (2011): 2-3.
    3/19/11: Davon House blew up his Pro Day with a 4.35 40. He really improved his chances of being drafted in the second round.

10/9/10: House needs to put on some weight, but there is no denying he is a cover corner with added ball skills.

5/13/10: Voted to the All-WAC First Team thanks to 13 pass break-ups and three interceptions as a junior. :texflag:

2. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

I've said all along I think House is the best man cover guy in this draft outside of Peterson.

3. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

Yea bah got me to look into House more. I really really like him as our 2nd round pick.

4. stingray

stingray Hall of Fame

5. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

I would wait to take him until the 3rd & thats mostly based off size & Texan needs. He has been downgraded by too many scouting services for my taste to select round two. Jimmy Smith is easily the 2nd best CB in this draft for me.

6. Ole Miss Texan

Boy if he's there in the 3rd that would help so much.

Do you think there's any chance Jimmy Smith goes ahead of Amukamara? Everyone pegs Prince going top 11, I'm thinking he goes after us... maybe a team like Detroit takes Smith over the Prince!?

3 days... 3 days!!

7. beerlover

I'm hoping Amukamara is off the board by #11 so the Texans aren't even tempted :ahhaha:

8. Ole Miss Texan

:thumbup Plus it would push another, better, player to us!

9. drs23

drs23 Veteran

No more VIP Suite so back to the recliner
    I like Smith much better as well. So does anyone think Bob(B):D will waiver on his cleaniless standards? Or should he.

Real question.

10. rarazz00

rarazz00 VOLUME 10

I think with the recent arrest of Agib Talib(how ever you spell it) the Texans may be gun shy on pulling the trigger on Jimmy Smith...so much baggage, SW Airlines charges him for it.:spin:

11. beerlover

Aqib Talib was a name discussed in great length around here during the 08 process, I believe YoungTexan was a big supporter of selecting him & as far as his on field ability certainly justified #20 pick. If Tampa is going to release him as reported, then that creates a huge void & need to find a replacement with Jimmy Smith in the crosshairs, but who would be more gun shy?

12. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

not really all that impressed with this kid & the only way i think we should take him in the 2nd over the brandon harris's/ Jimmy Smith's/Ras I Dowling's is if we've got multiple picks in the 2nd. He's an early 3rd rounder at best b/c he doesn't have the elite speed & he's got lazy footwork & he's also "handszy". That's a recipe for disaster for a cb that will be left on an island quite often in a wade phillips agressive defense.

13. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Disagree, Have you watched House play? His only real weakness is run support. If the Texans dont take him in the 2nd the Lions/Cowboys will take him in the 2/3rd.

Bah, it's good to see that great minds think alike. LOL

bah007 likes this.
  14. beerlover

15. rarazz00

rarazz00 VOLUME 10

Jimmy Smith has it all...probably better than 'Prince'....Still no way he will warrant a top 10...too many issues...Aqib Talib had red flags and Tampa took a chance...that bit 'em. I honestly believe because of that Jimmy Smith is gonna fall..The Eagles may snag him...good luck...He's an awesome talent though Beer Lover...I still like House in the second...he'd be gone by the time we pick in the third...:smiliedance:

16. kiwitexansfan

kiwitexansfan Site Contributor

Better is a relative term. Prince is far more physical, a better tackler and great in the shallow areas.

17. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

I never wavered on Talib's talent. I told everyone he was the best CB in the draft. I was right. However, I'm glad he's not on my team. He's been a headcase since his days at KU. He failed a few drug tests here and was suspended. This isn't new for him, it's been a pattern. I love to pull for him on the field because of KU, but man he makes it look like he graduated from Mizzou.

18. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

Prince is going to be a great cb as long as he's in a tampa 2. The best part of his game is that he's so physical & drives on the ball extremely well...those are trademark tampa 2 qualities. It's apparent he's best when WR's are kept in front of him. If he's forced into a man press cover 3 scheme, he will be a bust...basically you'll get far more of those Justin Blackmon type games.

19. kiwitexansfan

kiwitexansfan Site Contributor

Like almost any CB, they struggle without adequate safety help. I expect Prince to start in the NFL for 10+ years. Not a bad draft pick at all.

20. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

yeah but his skill set is best suited for tampa 2 imo..he just looks uncomfortable with man coverage.