David Thomas?

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by grandslam1, Mar 23, 2006.

1. grandslam1

grandslam1 Veteran

your thoughts about drafting him from UT?

2. latim06800

latim06800 Rookie

I actually like him but I would not use a pick above our 4th rounder. With that being said I actually believe he will be avaliable with our 4th round pick for sure and maybe even fall to our 5th round pick.

3. TheOgre

TheOgre Hall of Fame

If think we have more pressing needs with our 1st day selections. If he is still on the board when we draft in the 4th, I could see us taking him there. Putzier, Bruener, and Joppru is a lot better trio than what we have had in the past.

4. Blake

Blake MMQB

I like him alot. He catches everything, and looks like a hard worker. I bet he goes in the early 4th round.

I would use a 5th on the guy. But just because we have more needs. I see Indy as a candidate for him.

5. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Love him, but do not see a need for him with our three TE's. If he were to fall to the second day, unlikely, you got to take him in my opinion.

6. V Man

V Man Pumpkinhead

I like him but I don't see us taking him. With us signing Putizer, and have Bruener, Joppru (if he plays), Rivers, and the others, TE doesn't seem to be a major need for us now. (Now if Davis or another top TE slides, I could see us taking them).:twocents:

7. SteelBlueToro

SteelBlueToro Veteran

Take him with a 4th if he's available. Cut Rivers and pray Joppru doesn't rip, twist, or sprain something before he hits the field.

8. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Thomas is in the Putzier mold, so it wouldn't make sense for the Texans to select him. A combo TE like Fasano out of ND or Day from Oregon would be a better fit here.

9. kiwitexansfan

kiwitexansfan Site Contributor

I like him, I thought that the fact he is a long snapper is in his favour as well. I don't know if us resigning Pittman, our LS, will impact our chances of drafting him?

10. DRAMA

DRAMA All Pro

Hey Kaiser Toro....

Just saw your avatar. That was me last week - went snowboarding for a week in Keystone, Colorado! Nice pic!

Ok...my take - pass on Thomas. nice player but not a need. Would rather have Pope if filling a need.