David Hunter NT

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by srrono, Jan 23, 2013.

1. srrono

srrono Hall of Fame

David Hunter NT 6-2 303 23 R

Hunter season ended early with a toe injury. I have been working on mocks for Houston and I started thinking about this kid again. Hunter had hustle and seemed to be gaining Wades favor. What are your guys thoughts on Hunter?

2. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Almost nothing on him. Keep him around another year but cannot depend on him developing soon. If Brandon Williams is there in third he's mine.

3. ATXtexanfan

ATXtexanfan Site Contributor

dude i'm convinced NT is the biggest weakness on this D. gotta get that push up the middle. how many times did qbs just step up in a collapsing pocket. just need something above average at qb and NT. stuck with qb, NT upgrade could have a huge upside

4. aussie_texan

aussie_texan Hall of Fame

im not convinced, i believe its a need but not so much as others.
    for instance when QBs are generally stepping up in the pocket we are playing watt and smith inside and barwin and reed outside i.e. No NT.

i guess this poses the question, is this because wade likes playing like this or because he doesnt have a good enough NT.

my thoughts are grab a run stuffing NT in the 3-4 round and use him on first and 2nd down. we already have a penetrating NT in earl mitchell.
    unless there is a guy high on your board who falls and you take BPA

5. ATXtexanfan

ATXtexanfan Site Contributor

Is earl Mitchell really getting it done? It's not run stuffing we need. It's the third down and longs we can't stop

6. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Agreed about Williams,

Although a NT only plays about 40% of the time, Williams is too good to pass up in the 3rd. He's got 1st rd talent that just needs to be developed.

BTW, tell me what you think about NT Montori Hughes? He seems like he would be a good late rd flyer type guy. IMHO

7. Nawzer

Nawzer Alienz

I think this team missed Tim Jamison. He really played well last year for us and was a playmaker along with JJ Watt late in the season. If he's healthy he can be a valuable contributor to our defense.

8. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder King of the Potato People

Is there any way we can go back in time and draft Mike Martin instead of Posey?

9. srrono

srrono Hall of Fame

Jamison could be the justification for cutting A.Smith. Then draft a back up.

10. TejasTom

TejasTom Heisenwatt

I've thought this as well. I think his injury contributed to more snaps for Watt & Smith and may have caused them increased fatigue down the stretch.

Posted using Tapatalk from my phone. May contain errors.

11. Insideop

Insideop Hall of Fame

Boy, I wish the Texans would have taken Martin. I like Posey and think he he could develop in to a pretty good WR, depending on the outcome of his injury of course. But I really wanted them to take Martin and thought he would be ideal for Wade's defense. Unfortunately, there is no way to go back in time that I know of.