Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

David Done In Houston? | Profootballtalk.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

nflnutswife

Veteran
HoustonFan said:
I would hate for Carr to become free agent, and go elsewhere and do well. This could very well happen.
That's been my thoughts. No QB can perform under our current OL. I believe Carr has the ability he just needs the protection and confidence to return. I want him here!:texflag:

I say lets give carr a chance to hit free agency my god its not like 31 other nfl teams are waiting to sign him he might get and offer or two but it would be cheaper for us as a franchise. to sign him on free agency with his playing ability we would get david carr dirt cheap.:highfive:

OzzO

.. and then?
NeViKaN said:
Hmmm cut off your nose to spite your face???

My question is can he choose not to take the bonus? If I was him I would skip out of town and look to Miami or Balt (both good defense and good line). ...
David mentioned on 610 Friday morning that he's wanting to stay in Houston as he enjoys working for McNair and feels he's one of the better owners out there that will do what is necessary to get to the Super Bowl and that one of David's main goals is to get Bob to the superbowl because he has that muc respect for him... basically, he wants to stay.

Dime

Veteran
A4toZ said:
David mentioned on 610 Friday morning that he's wanting to stay in Houston as he enjoys working for McNair and feels he's one of the better owners out there that will do what is necessary to get to the Super Bowl and that one of David's main goals is to get Bob to the superbowl because he has that muc respect for him... basically, he wants to stay.
I would want to stay to for 8+ million. My question is, IF he is not retained, do we get comp picks for him if he is picked up by someone?

Kaiser Toro

Native Mod
And the Texans could be better off as well. It sometimes seems that people are more enthralled with Carr and his future than the future performance of the Texans.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
NeViKaN said:
My question is can he choose not to take the bonus?
No. Not unless Carr retires from football. It's the Texans' option to pay the bonus and extend the contract. And they've said the bonus will be paid before the end of this season.

Dime said:
My question is, IF he is not retained, do we get comp picks for him if he is picked up by someone?
Yes, but only if the total value of free agents the Texans lose is greater than the value of the free agents they bring in. And the compensation picks would be for the 2007 draft.

NFLforher

Rookie
xtruroyaltyx said:
Does anyone think that we whould just let Carr be a FA...An if so who would you like to see at QB? I would like to pick up john kitna whether we keep Carr or not...Just a QB that we know can come in and operate a team..

Kitna?

:tomato:

NFLforher

Rookie
Kaiser Toro said:
And the Texans could be better off as well. It sometimes seems that people are more enthralled with Carr and his future than the future performance of the Texans.
Well, there are some who think Carr could provide the Texans with a good future if he gets some help.

thegr8fan

Rookie
Well, there are some who think Carr could provide the Texans with a good future if he gets some help.
and still others who realize Carr is as much a part of the problem himself as the O-line is. Until Carr improves himself he is just another 'potential great' QB, but unfortunately he is currently a 'Never Was'. For 8 million, it isn't a good deal to bring him back, IMHO. For 5.5 million and 2 years, re-sign him and lets see what happens in 2 years when we draft his replacement and rebuild with a new coaching staff/Gm and thier picks for an O-line.

It wouldn't break my heart though if the Texans let him go on the market and see what other teams think he is worth. I bet it wouldn't be 8 million signing bonus type offers.

HJam72

Hall of Fame
No....sorry, this team has no backbone. It's more like soft cartilage. :rolleyes:

I want a new coach....and a new GM....and a few new O-linemen....and P-burnt gone....and another really good receiver (not TO!)....and no more Bradford....and a pass rush....and a stud RB who can also block well....

....oh, and this team needs more loyal fans. :cool: I should really be fired. :bomb:

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
caddy said:
Dave having a good game sunday night, and us winning another game. Yes, I would get a kick, thinking of the cry-babies from here.. worried like the IRS is after them when the posters of "Fire everyone' realize how they jumped ship because we sputtered the 1st part of the year. So glad the team has more backbone than they do..
HAHAHAHA!! you so funny....not.

"sputtered"?! Dude, I'm slowly coming to the realization that you're either crazy or senile. :crazy:

1-8 is "sputtering"?! Never leading at any point in the first six games is "sputtering", a record not touched in the NFL since 1933?!?

Ed Biles, is that you?

I'm honestly coming to the conclusion that you've officially lost touch with reality. :howdy:

Benjamin Franklin said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

I think ol' Ben would consider you on the verge of insanity. :ok:

[/chain pull] :neener:

Heywood

Waterboy
this is like an ID thread- you folks don't blame casserly for the reach pick on joppru and you think several other teams would like to pay carr $8 million to play QB for them.

whatever.

Honoring Earl 34

Something Witty !
:texflag: That reminds me ... don't do crack .
I think I bust my butt at work and I'm not allowed to fail that much or I'd be unemployed . All this and I've got to pay to see this bad brand of football .

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
caddy said:
Grow up.. the NFL is tough enough without boo whoo boys. :texflag:
Then why do you persist? :rolleyes:

Why are you emotional because people express their opinions on an internet forum? What is the point of your existence here if it's not to share opinions with other Texans Fans? Other than to insult and badger people, of course...if that's your thing.

Later dude, I'm off to yell my heart and soul out in support the TEAM, the coaching staff be darned. You can stay and wallow in your anger if you want to.

LOUD, PROUD & TEXAN!! :texflag:

ghostlight

Veteran
Caddy, lighten up. You will have a long and enjoying life on this forum if the ignore feature is not used. Keep posting and so will everybody else. We need to have all sides expressed without getting personal. Most of us go back to the early Oiler days when it was as painful as it is now and all hoped for better days. We are still hoping for better days and will not give up on our team but we will complain and cheer as we feel like. I'd rather watch the Texans lose than watch the Cowboys win. Not to mean I'd rather the Texans lose.

The key is don't get personal and call names because you may be sitting next to that person at the next game. All of us love each other and hands across Texas and all that flower stuff. Get the picture.

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
somebody shoot me is this what being a texan fan has come to........aw I remember the good ol days of being a first and second year expansion team where we had a legitimate excuse for losing.

Status
Not open for further replies.