David Carr

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by since02, Jan 23, 2012.

1. since02

since02 "Step 1"

Hate to bring this up... but i just relized that even though hes not starting, hes going to the superbowl..

and has the oppurtunity to earn a ring from the sideline.....:smiliepalm:

did he even start a game this year for the giants?

2. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

The Houston sports issues END when Carr wins a ring. Deal with it and remember this post when Houston pulls a Boston.

3. TheMatrix31

TheMatrix31 Hall of Fame

Good for him!

No sarcasm.

4. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

53 win or 53 lose, right?

5. Pollardized

Pollardized Division Champ

I always knew he was a Super Bowl caliber quarterback. :kitten:

6. Señor Stan

Señor Stan El Guapo

I have no problem at all with this. Good guy, not a good starting QB. Best of luck to him.

7. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

He deserves it for all the preparation and watching of vide....nevermind... :kitten:

Cjeremy635 likes this.
  8. GP

GP Go Texans!

Yeah, he's a palooka. A few jobbers on Jordan's NBA Championship teams also got rings. Same goes for David Carr if he "gets a ring" in two weeks.

I don't hate it that he might get one, for one simple reason: He's not a factor in their success. Yeah, he can say he has a ring...but it was Eli at the wheel. Not David.

I don't hold animosity toward David Carr. Ultimately, it was our owner who drafted him and stuck with him that first Kubiak year. He was just doing what he could do, and it didn't work out.

I didn't care for his snarky comments (jabs at the Texans) when he landed with the Panthers, so that's a minor quibble I hold onto.

9. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

If Carr can get a ring a decade into his sorry career...hat's off to him. How he sticks on the bottom of rosters is amazing. Dude's obviously got a talent, unfortunately for us, it wasn't for playing the QB position.

10. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

We should have taken Julius Peppers instead.

11. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke Hall of Fame

Well, he's already got a ring from being on the Giants in 2008.

And to answer the other question, no, he hasn't taken a snap all season.

12. hobie

hobie Site Contributor

Please check your facts first... David Carr does NOT have a ring with the NY Giants.. He joined the team in 2008 after they had already won it...
    If he wins it this season, good for him.. I have no ill will towards the man..he just didn't work out here..I moved on !

13. Dread-Head

Dread-Head Hall of Fame

Agreed. Carr came here confident and ready to take on the world. A Swiss-cheese offensive line made him the hardest hit QB in football and for two straight years the most sacked. The man became so damned gun shy that he became USELESS as a starting QB.
    If he's backing up Eli Manning and gets a superbowl ring out of it more power to the muff-hugga. I never had anything against him and I aint mad at him.

14. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Man, Carr created at least half of those sacks he took. The line didn't turn David into a bad QB. He just never was a NFL caliber guy.

15. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Dude looked good in a Texans uniform. Great picture for a 3D souvenir soda cup, as well a a bunch of inaugural posters and other crass merchandise to pimp...errr...market to a bunch of hungry NFL fans in Houston.

Dude admitted that he was the last to arrive and first to leave practices. Eventually even fessed up to not studying game film or taking his career seriously. These are not the fundamental qualities of a QB destined for greatness, no matter how many flimsy reasons are made up to justify his eternal suckiness. A cook cannot overcome the taste of bad ingredients, no matter how much pepper he unloads into the recipe.

Yeah, that offensive line 'broke' him...NOT. Just another long line of empty excuses perpetuated by those that refuse to cash the reality check. The fact of the matter was that David Carr's best potential was to be a Trent Dilfer-type QB if he had applied himself and was drafted by a team that would sit him on the bench to ferment for a few seasons until he was ripe enough to be a so-called "game manager".

I don't hate the dude, but I'm not going to wear blinders to the fact that his true potential - if fully realized - was destined to be a mediocre QB.

His career arch has proven this reality. No player is 'broke' unless they are physically unable to perform. That is not the case with Carr. His problem is between his ears and his lack of heart. He's content to be a career backup, looking good in camp as an extra arm to help with 3RD and 4TH string receivers. God forbid if Eli goes down and David Carr is taking snaps in a Super Bowl.

16. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

So I'm watching Alex Smith playing in the NFC Championship game & I'm thinking......

17. OzzO

OzzO .. and then?

Eli gets injured 2nd play of game (Albert goes nutso and runs onto the field wearing only a thong and lands on mini-Manning's foot).

Carr needs to go in.

THEN he has the opportunity to win a ring.

:spit:

18. Heath Shuler

Heath Shuler worst 2 1st

Dude was, is, and will always be a POS as a NFL QB. Plain and simple.

False Start likes this.
  19. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

Seriously though man, you ever see a guy take a haircut like that in your life? EVER?

Me either. In a barbers chair about to celebrate two wins in a row he's literally the best in the game with that million dollar smile.

20. Texanfan4ever

Texanfan4ever All Pro

Quess what? David Carr could be the proud owner of a Super Bowl ring in a little over a week! Lol! Now that's funny!