David Carr ...

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by jdm12, Mar 27, 2007.

1. jdm12

jdm12 Rookie

A co-worker said he heard on the radio (SR610) that David Carr was considering retirement. I would say it was sometime between 5:30 p.m and 7 p.m. yesterday evening.

At this point I am assuming that who ever said it was clearly speculating. reporting a rumor, listing avaliable options, or my co-worker just misunderstood the conversation. At any rate I have not seen or heard anything regarding this.

Don't shoot the messenger hear. This is complete hear-say and I am just trying to see if anyone heard it. Or, if there is any truth to it.

Hulk, if you are still out there feel free to chime in.

J

2. texans83

texans83 All Pro

wow I didnt hear that if it was said. Last I heard the dolphins were interested in him.

3. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

wouldnt surprise me at all....no one wants him and football isnt important to him anyway....whatever, please move this out of Bullpen...he isnt our problem anymore

he stole McNairs money and now can retire in peace and begin his career as a male model...

4. jdm12

jdm12 Rookie

Same here. When he brought it up to me this morning I was obviously in disbelief. I have searched the net high and low and how found nothing. So I decided to post it here.

J

5. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

6. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

Pure speculation based upon rumors going around that he's not really interested in playing football. And those rumors originate from the ones who have always questioned if his heart was really in it.

Typical trickle down from the boards, to the blogs, to the radio, and eventually to the media.

7. jdm12

jdm12 Rookie

Good to see retirement was not on that list. I really hope David does well, where ever he goes. Except of course when he plays us.

J

PS. Mods, feel free to kill this thread if you want. I did not see the post previously mentioned.

8. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

Heck I have been saying Carolina for weeks. I thought they would have been a trade down partner for him when he was still our property. They have a starting QB who has been banged up, got rid of the losingest back-up ever and have no one else worth a crud. I still don't see him playing as a starter but they need help.

9. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

If he retires, then he's dumber than I thought. The kid needs to swallow that pride, and take a back-up contract with GreenBay..... I heard they were interested. Watch the man play for a year, then play his but off, and earn the starting job in '08.

Or Go to KC... there's a good chance that he'll get to play if Huard(old as hell) can't play as well as he did last year, & their rookie isn't as ready as they'd like.

As long as he doesn't go to Oakland, he should be ok.... he shouldn't just retire, unless he just doesn't like the game anymore.

bigbrewster2000 likes this.
  10. texans83

texans83 All Pro

wow he did, you know im giong to miss that guy, he did put in some good things regarding his bro. Anyways I hope the best for him and david

11. Texan_Bill

Actually Frog, I do remember you mentioning Carolina.. Some people questioned you because they thought Jake Delhomme was "all that".. After thinking about it, it makes sense. Carr needs to sit the bench for a while and Jake Delhomme doesn't have a whole lot of mileage left...

12. Texan_Bill

Both of those make sense as well, being similar situations.

13. texans83

texans83 All Pro

what the hell is wrong with you?

14. Errant Hothy

Errant Hothy Hypermediocrity

15. phantom17

phantom17 All Pro

DTOM- pls be nice! Just cuz he makes more money then both of us combined in a lifetime doesn't make him less human. You don't have to take a real cheap shot about his wife, just make fun of him!:confused:

16. TexasJedi

TexasJedi Hall of Fame

I wonder if that is the source of the retirement talk, Peter King's musings.

I think Carr could do well in Carolina. They have plenty of talent and the media glare would not be as bright as in Oakland. I cannot even imagine David wearing another jersey. Man I wish it had worked out here.

17. ItsAJtime

ItsAJtime Rookie

I could see him retiring. Carr has made plenty of money, and he knows what is most important in life...Wife, Kids, Family, Friends, Health and most importantly God. So if he is as smart as I think he is, retirement should be a serious consideration.

18. TexasJedi

TexasJedi Hall of Fame

Where were you on the Sunday of week 17 in 2004 season?

19. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

No thunderkiss... the guy is truly heart broken. It was never about the money with him.,Never. He wanted to take this team to the super bowl. This team. He wanted to suceed here. It wasn't an act or TV sound bites. The guy is what he is...That just makes it all the sadder. The guy is loyal to a fault. No one else I know would of kept gettting up from those beatings he took for five years... So DC's not a winner. Well if that's the case...here's to the gloriuos losers. God Love 'em. And God Bless DC and his efforts here.

20. CarolinaTexan

CarolinaTexan Rookie

how does anyone know if Hulk is full of ***** or not? i could get on here and make up phone calls and inside info if i wanted, anyone know if he is actually that close to carr?
    p.s. funny how he said "dont screw this pick up" yet his avatar is Peppers. the irony.