David Carr

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Ckw, Sep 10, 2006.

1. Ckw

Ckw Guest

Come here and bash Carr all you want. But all I can tell all you Carr haters is your are either incredibly ignorant and short-sighted or you can't get over your insatiable lust for Vince Young. Our defense looked horrible. Our offensive line provided Carr with no protection. Our receivers looked pretty good, at least Moulds and AJ. And Carr is our player of the game. He came out ready to play and has shown lots of improvement. He has improved remarkably, even after getting his a** sacked like crazy. He has made some mistake, but what quarterback doesn't. I mean McNabb threw an interception, yet Philly fans will praise him. Carr made sure he held on to the ball and he hit his receivers in stride. His pass to Moulds in the first was right on. Go have fun looking at pictures of Vince Young with his shirt off all you Carr bashers, and I'll be the one to at least try and keep an open mind about the abilities of David Carr. Carr and Ryans: co-players of the game. Bring on the Carr bashing....

2. NJTexanFan

NJTexanFan Rookie

How can anyone bash Carr after that game, it was like one of his best him and Moulds and Andre were the only ones who actually showed promise the rest of the team looked like they didn't even wanna be there, Congrats Carr on a good game despite little pass protection

3. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

Carr had a 102.1 passer rating and over 200 yards. He looked good. He also had some gutsy rushes.

4. MrMeToo

MrMeToo All Pro

The only reason Carr looked good today was because ANDRE JOHNSON (THE BEST PLAYER ON THE TEAM BY FAR).

5. Ckw

Ckw Guest

Believe me, I know Carr did great. But if you head into the official Eagles-Texans Thread, you will still see plenty of guys, or a few, bashing Carr. And all I can say is it is totally moronic. They just can't see the forest through the trees. But what can you do? You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink....

6. The Dream

The Dream Hall of Fame

Carr was good today....bad defense and bad blocking and bad running blew this game for us

chuckm likes this.
  7. Brandon420tx

Brandon420tx Flounder

While I agree that there were a few plays that the O-Line could have (Your gonna hate me for this, :tease: ) "executed" better. Overall though, I felt they did a decent job.

8. Sportsfan

Sportsfan All Pro

Carr played pretty good IMO. He wasn't perfect but he looked better than in the preseason.

And whats with the F*&#in SACKS!! :hairpull: I thought we were taking care of that problem!! :brickwall

9. gg no re

gg no re iggnorent

That made no sense MrMeToo, given that Andre was on the team the last three years.

I'm all for witty criticisms, but that sucked.

Carr played well today. The defense and run game didn't.

10. BlueThunder

BlueThunder Veteran

WE WANT WINS,WE DON'T CARE ABOUT PASSER RATINGS:shoot: !

11. jeremywc

jeremywc Noob

I think he still needs to be more mindful of when to dump the ball off when he gets hit with a blitz, but he's definitely showing improvement.

When are we going to get a working OLine? :(

12. Ckw

Ckw Guest

I do agree that the O Line did not look terrible, but by no means did they look good. In fact, I even think they deserve the label "bad". Carr performed exceptionally well, all things considered. His slip when he was sacked was terrible, but that was his only real big mistake of the day. He showed guts and more poise than we have seen from him all year. My only point is that Carr did well, but many will simply refuse to see it.

13. Divebomb

Divebomb Veteran

What, Carr sucks at reading the Blitz. The guy has 8 guys comming and he is so damn dumb he cant make the read. That 4th down play he couldn't even see that safety blitzing, hell he threw the ball right into the guy. Scew that, stats lie, Carr was sacked what 6 times and only one of those were not on a full out blitz. Carr sucks

14. MrMeToo

MrMeToo All Pro

Agreed.

15. Divebomb

Divebomb Veteran

O-line looks bad?????? Dude how can they bick up a 8 man blitz???? Carr has to make that read and get rid of the ball. Tom Brady does it all the time and he is way less mobile than Carr

16. MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS Veteran

Carr looked good but out of the 4 sacks he held onto the ball a little too long on one of those sacks.....:wild: he needs to stop trying to make something out of nothing, so he does not get hurt......but overall looked good....

17. MrMeToo

MrMeToo All Pro

Thank you.

18. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Shut up. Seriously. This is a stupid argument. Only one of those times was the sack Carrs fault. (the one where he fell down). The rest were blocking breakdowns.

Carr had about 10 people breathing down his neck and made his read and kicked it out. Passes get batted down on blitzes like that. How is that the QBs fault? It was a good play by the Safety, plain and simple

19. BEERnBBQ

BEERnBBQ Veteran

i think Carr played pretty well today. the offense was not able to get anything going as eagles controlled the game in the 2nd half

20. gg no re

gg no re iggnorent

Oh my. :yikes: