David Carr?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by BamaTexan, Jun 6, 2006.

1. BamaTexan

BamaTexan Rookie

As one of the newest Texan fans, I bring a question to the board to get more knowledge of the current starting QB. What is his biggest weakness or area that needs the most improvement? Limited mobility or his arm strength, etc?

BT

2. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

He has no physical weaknesses. What he lacks is instinct, feel for the game and ability to perform under pressure. There is nothing he can't do physically. This is a big year for him (my Mr Obvious statement).

3. Brandon420tx

Brandon420tx Flounder

Oh dear god, you couldn't just look around for old threads and read them?, now all the Carr arguements will start up again, and we already have enough problems with a 1-man troll invasion on the forum. This could end us!

If you want some dirt on the Carr, goto the Texans website and click rosters then on David and any other players you would like to learn about, or as I suggested earlier go find previous threads about the subject, (The search option is pretty useful)

4. hollywood_texan

hollywood_texan Hall of Fame

Vinny, totally agree with you.

But, do we need another thread on this?

It's getting old.

5. Vinny

I hate to see these new threads pop up when you can get into any number of Carr-opinion threads if you just use the search function or just browse a bit...but I'm kind of numb to the whole thing sometimes during the off-season.

6. BamaTexan

BamaTexan Rookie

Forget the post if this has been covered 1,000,000 times...

7. Vinny

It's really not a huge deal...but when you start a thread that has been covered many times, the regulars have to re-state their opinion over and over and the newer people could really just find this opinion if you take some time to look around a bit. Just kind of a mb etiquette thing.

8. Brandon420tx

Brandon420tx Flounder

No biggie.:ok: Hope the stuff we gave you was of help, and you can do your own research and form an opinion of David and the other players.

9. hollywood_texan

Sorry Bro, it looks like your new around here.

A lot of words, time, and effort has been posted about this topic. Frankly, I think both sides are tired of it.

Nothing personal to you though, welcome to the board and looking to see you around.

10. santo

santo Hall of Fame

http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?t=23620

Just go to this thread this is where you'll get most of the info

11. BamaTexan

BamaTexan Rookie

For the information and links. Sorry to bring Hoffa back to life.

hollywood_texan likes this.
  12. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Just curious, V, what you think of his delivery. He seems to have that 'side winder' thing going, which was something the coaches tried to change early in his career (with no success).

I've always read that a side delivery is tough in the NFL due to the massive size of linemen. Is this considered a 'physical weakness', or more of a mechanics issue?

Not trying to stir debate about Carr, but instead trying to offer real analysis of our starting QB. (hope people can do the same)

13. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

Took the words right out of my mouth.

But to show respect and a warm welcome I will share my opinion on Carr.

Strenghts: Big, strong, agile, accurate, can scramble and is a competitor, has tremendous charector to survive 18-46 in four years and getting sacked close to 200 times in the same span. Not to mention having Pendry, Palmer, and Capers as your coachs.

Weekness: Hits the panic button to quick (can't say I blame him), stares down his receiver, and the most annoying thing one human being can do with a football, run out of bounds with the football. Oh my God.

Thats pretty much it in a nutshell.

14. Vinny

I don't have any issues with his delivery, except that it's probably tough to have touch on a ball when thrown like this. I find it easier to put air under a ball when I come over the top and tougher to do when I start to angle down to side arm. QB's throw in 'lanes' most of the time and really don't pass over the top of guys too much, so I don't think its too big a deal.

15. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

He hasn't completely demonstrated to us that he "can play" but I feel like if he can do that and does it throwing sidearm then fine by me. I'd rather have a guy who's a player with less than flawless mechanics than a guy who throws textbook but can't win games. That's what 2006 is to me when it comes to watching David Carr. I want to see growth and I want to see (towards the second half of the season) this franchise QB that we've all seen little glimpses of come to the surface.

If the man can start winning games there won't be much talk about his throwing motion IMO. I hope it turns out that way.

Double Barrel likes this.
  16. hollywood_texan

The side arm delivery isn't an issue if you are 6'-5", a native of Houston, Texas, and carried your team to the college national championship.

17. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

:homer:

18. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Personally, I know sometimes I add another thread if I have one specific question that I need answered quickly. Sometimes I do it out of courtesy for someone who started a thread and to keep my semi off topic question out of that thread.

19. Texans>Colts

Texans>Colts Veteran

He needs to learn how to get away from defenders, until we get a good o-line

20. real

real Guest

You don't think we've upgraded this off season ?