Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

David Carr

disaacks3

Staff member
gpshafer_1976 said:
He can control certain things, but he's choosing to fail.

Running out of bounds instead of throwing it (lost yards by doing that).

Fumbling when he should have pulled it down.

Delay of game about three times a game so far.
Let's not forget...

Running out of the pocket straight INTO a sack!

Ignoring all WR, except those near the sideline he's running to when scrambling

Proteus said:
Carr has to to be the weakest link here. He needs to go Bye-Bye. I have never seen a more horrible display of play execution from a QB since the great days of Ryan Leif. Trade or Fire Carr, thats what needs to be done. The Texans need a leader who can get this team up out of the sewer. If you want to read some more of my Carr bashing (with a little more thought involved) check out my thread called "The Beginning of the End..."
~Proteus

So you are the MAN! Get serious and start putting your focus towards real issues like our online and our rookie defense, our defense gave up 20 points today and you cant blame one man for that! The D did not give our offense any hope for success! The steelers were backed up inside the 20 when we were only down by 6 when Babin had a false start penalty and the f-agg boy (faggins) gave up that bomb, that was the game! Give the real MAN, DC a chance to win the game! Look at Leftwich against the colts, at least he had a chance to tie the game up wth 60 seconds down by 7. The Jags had a total of 3 points!

threetoedpete

Hall of Fame
CajunTexan said:
Texan2061 "Any other quarterback would be able to handle what Carr cannot with the Texans?" How about Tim Ratty with SF? 4/11 with 3 picks at the half. "Joe" Harrington, 4 pixs today. Dunte Culpepper sure looked good for the Vikings!! How many pixs did he throw?

I did not get to see the game out here, but I did get to watch even the great Peyton Manning struggle today.

8 sacks!!!!

When the offense came out and scored to start the second half to cut the lead to 13, what did the defense do? Oh yeah, they let Pittsburgh march down and score again!!!! How many turnovers did the defense get???? Oh yeah, wasn't it 000000???!!!!

Stop putting it all on Carr and address the MANY problems this team has!!!!
More than that, Babs jumped off sides and turned a potential come back into a forty yard bomb. At my last count, twenty eight times Carr was under assult on passing plays. Carr is the conveint target in here, but it ain't all David Carr. He'll win somewhere for someone one day. He is a good young qb. It is his misfortune he's playing for a ****** organazation. JMHO.

Honch Delgado

Waterboy
As far as Carr flourishing under another team, I seem to remember Tony Banks not doing so bad in his starts. I don't see the reasoning of people on the boards saying put Carr on another team and bam SB contender and MVP. I was high on the guy when we drafted him and supported him for 3 seasons, but the more he plays the more he looks like Ramsey, Boller, and the rest. A lot of the sacks today were on him. He played well at the start of the 3rd when he stepped into the pocket and quick released or when we utilized the play action. Other than that he kept rolling when he didn't have to or stepped right into the block direction. But the whole team needs to be reevaluated not just carr. Armstrong was the only bright spot today.

WWJD

Hall of Fame
Just curious.

Where did Ben R. (not even going to try to spell his last name) go to college?

He is very poised for a young QB. I know it's a product of the Pittsburgh system but the guy just seems to not get rattled. Impressive.

texasguy346

Mod Squad
WWJD said:
Just curious.

Where did Ben R. (not even going to try to spell his last name) go to college?

He is very poised for a young QB. I know it's a product of the Pittsburgh system but the guy just seems to not get rattled. Impressive.
Big Ben went to Miami of Ohio. Yet another very talented QB from the MAC. (Lefty, Big Ben, Pennington, Jacobs)

WWJD

Hall of Fame
Thank you for the info.

I had it in my head he went to Louisville but I just knew that was wrong when I sat down and thought about it....

He's impressive. The Steelers are set at QB for a long time now.

No interceptions. 46 yards rushing. (DD had 59)

Versus: what was it? 8 sacks, 9 rushes? Come on. Let's not turn him into an escape goat.

I would like to see them throw Ragone out there and see what he can do...

He cannot do any worse and I personally think he would do better than Carr if given all the chance Carr as been given...

vtech9

All Pro
oso said:
No interceptions. 46 yards rushing. (DD had 59)

Versus: what was it? 8 sacks, 9 rushes? Come on. Let's not turn him into an escape goat.
for those that didn't watch the game, don't put too much into the "sacks". David Carr ran out of bounds, behind the line of scrimmage, 4 times. Those 4 times were counted as "sacks" and cost the Texans yardage. Every one of those times, Carr had plenty of time to throw the ball away. One of the "sacks" is going to be credited to D. Davis, but it was actually DD's fault. If Carr would have stepped up into the pocket, or at least underneath Davis, he would not have been sacked. Instead, Carr tried to run around Troy P., and that just wasn't very smart.

Carr does not use his blockers well. He also does not read defenses well. He doesn't have very good field vision. He is not making very good decisions. Right now, he is not giving the Texans the best chance to win. Granted, the O-line and playcalling need to improve, but if Carr made better decisions, the Texans had a chance to win both games.

The Texans Defense has its problems as well. they are playing too soft in the secondary, and P-Buch looked more like puke.

texan2061 said:
More and more, Carr looks more like a back-up than a starter. As a matter of fact, Carr has not impressed me at all since he came to the Texans. If Capers does not get at least to the playoffs, it's time for him to go and take Carr with him.
The honeymoon is over...Carr is lookin to be a bust..3 years he must produce..no more excuses..stop drinking the kool aid..he has not produced..great post a slap in the :homer: face..but much needed before the Texans get better

mmontgo

Practice Squad
the number one issue with this team is and always has been time for Carr to throw. He has never had it since he was drafted. We saw flashes of Carr's above average play, but never fully viewed.

MEMO TO CASSERLY AND CAPERS: FIX THE LINE TO AVERAGE AND THIS TEAM WILL KNOCK ON THE PLAYOFF DOOR! NEXT FIX THE RECEIVER CORE AND THIS TEAM IS IN THE PLAYOFFS. NEXT FIX THE FAILURE TO PROVIDE A RUSH AND THIS TEAM WILL GO FURTHER IN THE PLAYOFFS.

Carr can play--I believe. He will do well if given time, not great however. But, better than average for certain.

Now, the question is: is he damaged goods. I do not think so. if given 4 seconds to throw the ball on an average basis, johnson will get open and davis will run the ball with more consistency.....

THE AXE FALLS ON CASSERLY FIRST, CAPERS SECOND, PALMER THIRD, MCNAIR FOURTH FOR NOT GETTING BETTER FROM ALL

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Mergerd the David Carr thread in the NFL forum with the current David Carr thread in the Bullpen.

Folks, take a look at the existing threads before starting new ones. Please.

mike88

Practice Squad
It is time for Carr to go. He has 3 years to improve but we see nothing. Next year, we need to make a blockbuster trade to get Matt Leinert of USC. Or we can start using Dave Ragone as a starter.

Elite

Waterboy
mike88 said:
It is time for Carr to go. He has 3 years to improve but we see nothing. Next year, we need to make a blockbuster trade to get Matt Leinert of USC. Or we can start using Dave Ragone as a starter.

No i refuse to make a blockbuster trade you know why we dont need too David Carr is going to guarantee we get Matt LionHeart we are going to get the number one overall pick so i guess in a way its good to have DC starting if we had banks or ragone we might actually have a chance of wining. and we dont want that not anymore this is a lost season.

Hervoyel

BUENO!
From another thread. My opinion on this in a nutshell.

TexanAggie said:
Carr was at fault just as bad as the line so lets not give carr any excuses........
Yes he was. I spent the entire afternoon doing nothing but watching David Carr in the pocket since there wasn't much doubt about the outcome of the game from early on. I paid for the ticket so I decided to put the time to good use for a change. Usually I'm too wound up and emotional to do more than scream at the appropriate moments and watch the ball. Today I had a strange feeling of calm come over me as I watched them come apart and mostly I ignored the ball. I watched the offensive line and the defence prior to the snap. After that I just watched Carr and when he took a snap I counted.

People, everbody. I know this is hard to accept but David Carr really stinks. Whether it's something he brought with him (I personally doubt it) or something he has become since he was drafted by the Texans (my view) can be debated but the fact remains. This guy is damaged goods and one of the worst starting quarterbacks in the NFL right now.

Happy feet, bad decisions, failure to learn even the most basic concepts needed to play his position. You name it and it can be pinned on David Carr right now. If I were the Texans coaches I'd bench him just to stop the carnage, His line is getting him sacked about 15% of the time. His line and his backs and tight ends combined are probably responsible for 40-50% of his problems. The rest is all David.

I don't see how anyone with eyes to see could continue to defend David Carr's play after this weekend. In two weeks the Bengals will continue this trail of destruction. Carr is very possibly done here folks.

Elite

Waterboy
Hervoyel said:
From another thread. My opinion on this in a nutshell.

Yes he was. I spent the entire afternoon doing nothing but watching David Carr in the pocket since there wasn't much doubt about the outcome of the game from early on. I paid for the ticket so I decided to put the time to good use for a change. Usually I'm too wound up and emotional to do more than scream at the appropriate moments and watch the ball. Today I had a strange feeling of calm come over me as I watched them come apart and mostly I ignored the ball. I watched the offensive line and the defence prior to the snap. After that I just watched Carr and when he took a snap I counted.

People, everbody. I know this is hard to accept but David Carr really stinks. Whether it's something he brought with him (I personally doubt it) or something he has become since he was drafted by the Texans (my view) can be debated but the fact remains. This guy is damaged goods and one of the worst starting quarterbacks in the NFL right now.

Happy feet, bad decisions, failure to learn even the most basic concepts needed to play his position. You name it and it can be pinned on David Carr right now. If I were the Texans coaches I'd bench him just to stop the carnage, His line is getting him sacked about 15% of the time. His line and his backs and tight ends combined are probably responsible for 40-50% of his problems. The rest is all David.

I don't see how anyone with eyes to see could continue to defend David Carr's play after this weekend. In two weeks the Bengals will continue this trail of destruction. Carr is very possibly done here folks.

TY for opening your eyes some of dont just say what we say just to say it i have seen every texans games over and over again and i can count with three fingers how many good games david carr has had and i simply demand more from a QB much less a "Franchise Player" but you will have these homers never admiting to our mistakes as a franchise.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
CajunTexan said:
Stop putting it all on Carr and address the MANY problems this team has!!!!
If we address all the problems with this team, our collective head will spin off our neck.

:texans: (close as I could get to a disembodied head)

Keep it simple and bash the QB. Carr's paid well to handle it. He should have backed up Bradford & AJ on the balls they dropped. He should have devised a blocking scheme that can slow down a zone blitz. He should have put pressure on Big Ben. He shouldn't have jumped offsides on 3rd down. He should have knocked Parker on his rear rather than give him a love tap.

Carr has to make these plays, because he's the QB and no one else on this team will. Hopefully, Carr will remain the starter for the rest of the season, so we'll have an easy target to blame. Whether Carr is the Texans QB in '06 is the next regime's problem.

DomDavis

Waterboy
Porky said:
Hey, domdavis? Still saying the same as you said in this thread?

Carr thread
Absolutely. I thought Carr played fantastic today given the circumstances... a rating of almost 93 with the **** he had to deal with... better than any of my wildest expectations.

Bingo! I'm glad someone besides myself has opened their eyes to the utter display of bad football brought on by David Carr. Maybe he would bloom into a desent QB after a year or two on the bench. You can see that from Year 1 to the Present, that Carr has stumbled over himself and became a disaster. At one point he might have shown promise, but as the games when on... his head became too big for his helmet. From Fresno State to the NFL, fame and glory are what I think brought this QB into his demise. Step back Carr... look at your team... you have brought shame into this franchise. Like you said, "Preseason's over..." I say, "Welcome to the Big Leagues, Golden Boy." ~Proteus

Goldeagle

Veteran
Carr cannot block, catch, throw and run! Then again NO ONE ON THE TEAM CAN EITHER!

Anyone blaming Carr is absolutly stupid! We played 2 great defenses and it was to be expected. MY 5 BUDDIES from Pittsburgh who went to the game talked all the way home about Daivd Carr and how pathetic the team looks around him. IF PITTSBURGH FAN IS SAYING THAT, SHOULDNT WE??

Goldeagle

Veteran
mike88 said:

YOU PEOPLE ARE CRAZY to want to start Ragone?? That guy has a bigger "derr" look than Coach Capers does.

Elite

Waterboy
rmartin65 said:
what are you on? a passer rating of about 93% is pretty good.

Keep your garbage QB rating show me you can win a game. :texflag: show me you can lead a team from behind show me your not gonna fumble. the fumble was key play of the game after that we never had a chance. :yahoo:

DomDavis

Waterboy
Elite said:
Keep your garbage QB rating show me you can win a game. :texflag: show me you can lead a team from behind show me your not gonna fumble. the fumble was key play of the game after that we never had a chance. :yahoo:
Unfortunately, teams win games and teams come from behind... not individual players.

Elite

Waterboy
Ok oh that route it wasnt the teams fumble it was DC it wasnt the teams Int's last week they were DC next. :texflag: