David Carr

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by JacksonvilleJaguar4, Aug 20, 2005.

1. JacksonvilleJaguar4

JacksonvilleJaguar4 Rookie

I know it's pre-season but the Texans-Raiders game was aired in my area and I watched it just to see how the Texans are shapping up for the season and I gotta say Carr really impressed me tonight. It may just be because I havn't acctualy seen alot of Texan games but David although he had to run out of the pocket on some plays he looked real sharp to me, 6 of 8 for 43 yards and a TD may not be the most impressive of stats to some people but just watching how Carr handled his heel, running around like he did and how he rifled those passes man! he displayed a lot of guts out there tonight, he reminded me of Brett Favre tonight.

2. Trapped

Trapped Veteran

Wow, just wow. Ur always welcomed here man,for calling him a young Brett Favre and all. Ur the only Jags fan i can admit i like.

3. JacksonvilleJaguar4

well thanks for the warm welcome I highly respect the Texans and they have some really good players look forward to playing you guys this year, I think they really should make the Texans and Jaguars a primetime game I think it would be more intresting to watch than most of em' and as for the Favre-Carr comparison it's because he displayed alot of Favre charecteristics (I know I am way off on the spelling of that) he showed Courage, Toughness, a cannon arm, mobility etc etc he was fun to watch tonight.

4. bckey

bckey Hall of Fame

How is Matt Jones looking in preseason so far?

5. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

Jones made a helluva catch in tonight's game...he had 2 catches for 48 yards I think it was...

6. JacksonvilleJaguar4

ummm Matt Jones is having a decent preseason but our big camp surprise is Reggie Williams and Chad Owens, they have really have impressed me I'm also happy that Byron had a good game every preseason the Byron haters arise from their graves and bash Byron which I believe might also happen on this board with Carr, Byron went 14-21 for I think around 120-140 yards or so (not sure) but hopefully he'll keep those numbers up the Byron haters will shut up, but things are looking well in place for us, now it's onto the Falcons.

7. Blake

Blake MMQB

Damn AFC south just keeps getting better and better.

Carr takes our team from a C, to a B+. He is the only reason we talk playoffs around here. Carr gives us that run/pass QB that is feared around the league. He looked good against the raiders tonight.

Byron seems to have to many options now. No matter who he throws to, he has a TD threat on the other end of his passes. Kinda freaks me out a bit that we have to play them, and the Colts two times a year...

8. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

Good news is that we have the best secondary in the division :highfive:

9. JacksonvilleJaguar4

I'm looking forward to the AFC South this year, it's a strong division I can't wait get the popcorn ready!!!!

10. wags

wags Hall of Fame

Carr did look pretty good. He was making good reads, threw the ball to the right side of the receiver, and actually had good pocket presence. Read that again please all you Carr haters. Good pocket presence.

11. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Actually Vinny has mentioned quite a bit about Carr needing to improve his pocket presence. Vinny, I was wondering your take on Carr so far.

12. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

I thought PB looked much better this week than last. In the Broncos game he was tentative and hung back. Last night I thought he was mcuh more physical and aggressive, so hopefully he's not a totally finesse type like his hero Primetime. Deon was such a great cover corner, but I've seen few NFL football players who were so totally unwilling to hit anybody.

13. JacksonvilleJaguar4

yeah it was fun to watch David play tonight I would be exeicted about Carr, if I was you guys

14. Jwwillis

Jwwillis All Pro

Carr will go as far as his o-line can take him.

15. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Palmer is taking advantage of Carr's mobility by getting him outside the pocket. They tried that early last season with good results. But an ankle nick slowed Carr, and the Texans got away from moving him away from the pocket (intentionally). I'm not sure how much the O-line will improve, but keeping Carr on the move will help them tremendously. Right now, Palmer is letting Carr be Carr.

16. JacksonvilleJaguar4

let that Carr drive!

17. JacksonvilleJaguar4

If Palmer does calls the kind of plays he did with Carr in the Raiders game throughout the season, I would expect some good numbers to come out of Carr this season

18. TexansTrueFan

TexansTrueFan Hall of Fame

i feel that was true even last year !!!!

19. MossSupaFreak

MossSupaFreak Rookie

yea we struggled catching david carr he was pretty fast moving out of the pocket....wow we need some faster lineman

20. TexansTrueFan

TexansTrueFan Hall of Fame

carr has some speed, he was 3rd among all NFL QBs in rushing yards last season !!!