David Carr vs Eli Manning

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by n420p69, Nov 26, 2007.

?

Carr vs. Manning

1. David Carr

6 vote(s)
    7.5%
  2. Eli Manning

74 vote(s)
    92.5%
  1. n420p69

n420p69 Rookie

I haven't seen Carr play that much but you guys have obviously. If you could have had your choice of drafting either one of the two, who would you have drafted? To me Carr looks like when he is healthy has a bigger upside. Manning can't do anything with the talent he has on the Giants.

2. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Manning can at least make plays in between his meltdowns. He may end up Kerry Collins one day. Carr makes Rob Johnson look like Bert Jones (going old school on you).

3. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

Well, the David Carr that was drafted was alot different than the David Carr of 2005-2006. From '02 through most of '04, Carr showed signs of progress and flashes of being a good QB. Then the wheels fell off.

Eli has had a much better career to this point, even with his faults. And are we drafting either with the same '02 team we had assembled? If so, it doesn't really matter. Should have taken Peppers.

4. texasguy346

texasguy346 Mod Squad

I'd take most any QB over David Carr.

5. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Carr only had like 2 games with 2 or more TD's and 201+ yards combined in a win in 70 or so starts....he never carried the team ever.

6. Sideline

Sideline Hall of Fame

I always feel when talking about Eli Manning the question you have to ask yourself is would he have been as big a prospect as he was if he didn't have the surname that he has.

In my opinion I don't think he would have, obviously people don't get drafted first overall for no reason, I just think many people looked at what Archie and Peyton could do and thought Eli was the same.

When you look at Roethlisberger and Rivers also, who are both much better Quarterbacks than Eli taken lower down.

Manning will not be a star in this league other than the fact he is Peytons younger brother in my opinion.

7. thegr8fan

thegr8fan All Pro

Manning would be my pick all day long, and twice on Sunday, compared to Carr.

Manning at least has the ability to play at an NFL league level. Carr doesn't. It really is as simple as that, when making this choice.

Manning may never turn out to match his purported 'expectation level'.

But then again there are only some many, Marino's, Montana's, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady's, in the world. He won't be one of those. He may end up being an average, middle of the pack, NFL QB. But he would kick the stuffing out of Carr, talent wise, any day of the week, IMO.

8. santo

santo Hall of Fame

I thought this poll was to determine which quarterback was worse.

:gun:

Didn't read the first post.

*this explains the 1 vote for Carr...

PapaL likes this.

9. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I'd pick Eli. He doesn't excuse away losing because he's "having fun". He actually looks like he hates losing. Novel for an NFL QB....or not.

10. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

I agree completely...and he throws with his bare hands.:)

11. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

I never said he did.

12. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Bradley Van Pelt would put Carr to shame. Nuff said! :gun:

13. Brando

Brando Site Contributor

At the time I thought Roethlisberger was going to be the better QB of any taken in the 1st round that year. It's debatable to some but I think Ben Roethlisberger makes a good case for me.

No thanks to Eli or Zoolander(Carr).

14. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

OMG, my WORST freaking nightmare. David Carr to the Giants. Dude, are you on crack? (actually, you said it all when you admitted you never saw him play, actually you did when he played the Giants last season and that was one of the best games of his career) The only thing David Carr should be doing at the Meadowlands is selling hotdogs. I have spent the last few seasons watching both (side by side). I am a Giants also. My Sundays are typically with the Texans on one TV and the Giants on the other. As bad as Eli looked on Sunday, he has NEVER looked as bad as David Carr. The guy is a cancer. At least Eli has had some games where he has looked good.

The Giants need to clean house. Both Coughlin and Gilbride needs to be gone. They need to jump on Bill Cowher as soon as the season ends. Geez, I guess I better head on over to the Giants board to see if any of this nonsense is going on over there. I will put a stop to it real fast.

15. Brando

Brando Site Contributor

That's the first thing that needs to happen.

Would you think Parcells would come back to the Giants? Just a what if. Would you mind? I would like to see Parcellls back in the league next year. As a NFL fan that would be great.

16. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

Parcells is probably my all time favorite NFL coach. However, you know his history. Just as soon as he would get the Giants back to competing at a championship level he would bail. I wouldn't mind seeing him at the GM level if he would stick around. The man knows talent. Just look at the Cowboys. You think they are having the success this season due to Wade Phillips? The man inherited a Parcells team.

17. Brando

Brando Site Contributor

That's a fact. Parcells is one of my favorite coaches. I would like him to be back in the league instead of working for the evil empire Espn.

18. Napa Auto Parts

Napa Auto Parts Hall of Fame

I would take Any QB in the league over David Carr including A QB in someone's practice Squad.

19. ChrisG

ChrisG Road Fan

27-2 pretty much says how carr has been playing (and has played), he career is pretty much over, manning is still a decent QB...just had a bad game that was made worse by his INTs being returned for TDs

20. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Maybe Carr had more upside in 2002 when he was drafted than Eli had when he was drafted in 2004, but all that upside has been blown to pieces. Carr is not a quality NFL QB. I don't think he's a quality backup or even a quality 3rd stringer if there is one. Eli has looked like at least an average, sometimes an above average, QB the last few years. Carr can't even reach "average" when he's dreaming of being QB.