David Carr threads AD NAUSEUM....WHAT IF

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TexansSB07, Mar 16, 2007.

1. TexansSB07

TexansSB07 Veteran

what do all the Carr haters plan on doing, IF Carr stays and plays in Houston in 2007??

Not doing another bash job, just honestly wondering what if we keep him. Will you support team or will you walk away, I mean about 50% of people on this board have been down to U-haul checking cost to rent truck to move Carr to ANY other NFL team.

So do you support the team despite who is QB IF they WIN or if they LOSE, or do you take the grown-up mature "nyahh nyahh told you so" attitude.

2. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

A team isn't all about the QB.

3. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

They will head back to Grouchland.

:elmo:

4. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

Do you ever read the threads?Most start as incredibly inane threads concerning how wonderful the man is despite the things that have happened, with no basis of reality. There is also a massive group that doesn't hate but whom understand the situation and what we need to do without "hate." Please put a fork in another one of these threads. Seriously. The identical question was asked earlier in the week and probably took up 20 pages.

5. freedoggy77

freedoggy77 Veteran

if Carr stays i'm OK with it as long as he has to really fight to earn the starting job and if he doesn't perform he is replaced

6. Trap_Star

Trap_Star SiteContributor

So.....how bout' them Astros?...:shoot:

7. QB75

QB75 Veteran

They will keep whining about it.

8. MATRIX

MATRIX Veteran

Here is what will happen and the haters will jump all over this(not that I care).

Carr plays in 07 and we loose...complain worse then now.

Carr plays in 07 and we win...they will act like they loved him all along.

Haters are a simple type, they support the winner, not the team as a whole.

Either way, I'll still watch the Texans play because the represent this city. And win or loose, atleast we have a team. They can start whoever they like till one of us is the owner and can decide differently.:victory:

9. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Well.... being that I wasn't very keen on him being here in '06, much less starting, I think I can speak from experience.

I've never said, "I told you so" I have got involved in several Carr threads to point out a few errors he made... point out a few reads, a few mismatches I think he should have seen & taken advantage of.

I've even got involved in a few game day threads and expressed when I thought he had a good game. I believe there were three.

I've praised him for improving on some things, got on him for reverting back to his old self. I've even said how impressed I was through the season, how David has been able to keep his eyes down the field(allbeit looking at one receiver in particualr) in the face of a rush.

If we go into next season, with Kubiak saying that he'll finish what he started, and continue to develop David, I'll do next year, what I did this year. I won't boo him. I won't demand to see the back up. I'll patiently expect another losing season as we develop our 6th year rookie.

If we have a "competition" & David "wins" then I'll be upset. I still won't boo. I still won't ask for the other guy. But I'll start a thread for every bad read, every bad step, every stupid penalty, every fresno tuck...

etc... etc...

10. tsip

tsip Hall of Fame

I like the board the way it is, as there is some good intelligent football stuff and then there is the 'Comedy Central' stuff that really puts things in perspective...just when you've heard one of the same Carr excuses for the millionth time, a poster comes a long and gives a new/different spin on David's 'play.'

Really, if Carr leaves Houston it's going to get kinda lonely around here--what are we going to talk about? Intelligent and factual football talk will only go so far, so bring on the fictional Carr talk to fill in the 'empty' spots. OK, so maybe David has a 'few' football problems on the field...doesn't mean we have to ignore him...

11. Texas_Thrill

Texas_Thrill Hall of Fame

For Buddha, Allah, Jesus sake......Do we need another thread on whose name I will not even mention?

I say we banish all threads even relating to this until there is some DEFINITE answer. This is getting *Scratch*.........this is PAST ridiculous.

This has gotten worse than arguing over abortion.

12. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

I have said on repeated occasions that I'm a Texans fan. I'm not a Carr fan. I will continue to watch every Texans game at least twice. I will continue to root for the team no matter who the players are.

Last year before the season started, I was in the Carr-Lover group. I defended him and said he needed to have one more chance. Well, he had it. And from what I saw the last half of last season, he's a horrible QB and shouldn't be starting for any NFL team. That has nothing to do with how bad the running game is or how bad the line is, that's based on his performance (or lack of it) on the field.

If Carr is starting, then I hope it's because Kubiak thinks he gives the team the best chance to win. I'm not so sure that was the case last season. I think he started Carr against his better judgment in an attempt to rehabilitate him and to re-train him after what had been done to him by the Capers era. I think that came from McNair. If Sage had been healthy the last part of the season, I don't think Carr would have been starting.

So... this opens up the flip sides of that question.

1. What are you going to do if they decide Carr isn't in our future and they get rid of him one way or another? Are you going to continue to be a Texan fan or are you going to switch allegiance?
    2. What if Carr goes to another team and is successful? Are you going to be hoping for him to play well to show the Texans FO that they were wrong? (Personally, as soon as Carr leaves, I won't care how he plays as long as we beat him.)
    3. What if Carr isn't successful with another team? Will you admit that we wasted last year trying to get him up to speed or will you continue to make excuses for his play?
    4. What if Carr does stay but loses the job? Are you going to bash whoever the new QB is and say that we'd be better with Carr?
    5. What if Carr does stay, keeps the job, and continues to play poorly? Will you ever be able to look at his performance and hold him accountable for how he plays? Or will you continue to blame every other part of the team?

If Carr stays here, keeps the starting spot, and plays well, I will be very surprised and... very, very happy. I don't want my starting QB to be bad and I don't care who that starting QB is. If it's Carr, great. If it's not Carr, great. As long as whoever the QB is plays well, I don't care. I'm not hoping for my QB to play bad.

:texan:

TexansSB07 likes this.
  13. 281

281 Hall of Fame

what makes this year any different? i'm basically married to the texans with no chance of divorce and carr has been a part of it every year... if anything, i love the team more every season, despite the hardships... if carr stays, it's basically another shrug, sigh, and nothing really new. to me, it's more of a "...dang" than a "I'M NEVER WATCHING THE TEXANS AGAIN" type of feeling... because the latter would be a flat out lie.

14. texas mopar

texas mopar Rookie

I agree I'm a Texans fan to the core, and don't really care who starts at QB because I believe we will improve as a team with another good draft. I think you build a winning team with defense and a good running game. I think with another draft we could be in that league of football teams. IMO once we improve in other areas of the team the QB situation will take care of itself.I would love to have a team that all it needed is a QB but thats not the case here!!!

15. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

translation: i am a homer. i will support the owner's stupid decisions irregardless of whether I agree with them or not, for the sole reason that they play in the same city as me.

flawed logic but par for the course round these parts.....

16. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

I sure am seeing alot of "new" people who are so keen on attacking people. Talk about simple..lol

First of all, I'll go through this again. If you are in this thread just for the basis of telling people they are "haters" then you aren't mature enough to have a civil conversation regarding sports or anything else for that matter. If you objectively look at this board, with a few exceptions, there are alot more posts like this where someone throws out completely off base assertions concerning what Carr has done only to have people crawl out of the woodworks to name call.

Secondly, most of the so called "haters" don't hate Carr. Most are adding up the things happening and making an informed decision regarding the TEAM. Remember this is a team not a group of guys whose whole goal is to support the QB. The GM and owner aren't sitting there deciding everything based on one player. If people want a real TEAM and they aren't selfish, they would see the big picture(guy on the trade block, teammates not happy, city not happy, losing team). BTW, it is losers not loosers.

Lastly, if people were REAL CARR fans they would want him the heck out of here. Most that sit here and rant and attack are people who selfishly want him to stay for the sole fact of IF he does do well they want to say "I told you so" despite 5 years of nothing. If you want him supported and playing well why want him with this organization, which is showing no love right now?He'd have alot more support elsewhere.

There can be a win/win situation. Just grow up and stop acting like a middle schoolers who didn't get picked for dodge ball. These rants and generalization show much more about you than your support. I've seen almost everyone here have civil discourse, so why say these things. We are are here for a reason, to debate what is going on with the team. There were alot of people who had these same fights about Charlie last year and that guy left us holding the bag. Blind support without thought is dangerous.

17. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

Agreed. You can't sit back and just wait for things to happen. If an owner and team makes money and sells out despite the product then it is really a sad situation.

18. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

It is just weird to see fans that are so much bigger fans of an individual player than a fan of the team. To keep rolling out some chump because you think he is cute, or you think he is sweet, or you love Jesus just like he does is all cool and stuff, but are you guys fans of the Texans? I'd bet you guys will disappear as soon as Carr is gone. All the guys you slam and call "haters" will be here because we love the team more than we love any one player. We aren't going anywhere.

19. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

I am not Carr hater, but a realist, so I plan to go the same sports bar and spend $15-$40 bucks a week to watch the same inconsistent, average boring player frustrate the heck out of me, while hoping that we win despite him.

Texas_Thrill likes this.
  20. MojoMan

MojoMan Hall of Fame

Brevity is indeed the sole of wit.

Well said, Freedoggy!