Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

David Carr is a stud! PERIOD!

JDTexan

Practice Squad
I'm tired of all this whining about how he hasn't shown growth and he hasn't stepped up, etc....

Today he showed what he was made of. He has a great arm, great poise (even under pressure) and he's a tough son of a gun. He was getting beat down all day and he still stepped up.

The only thing holding this guy back is some questionable offensive play calling. If you open this offense up, he will shine.

Give him his props. Carr is da man!

Sco-tai

Waterboy
JD is right on the money. I have ALWAYS rooted for Carr...and believed he was going to be an NFL-Stud. But his individual performance today was OUTSTANDING (albeit not a team victory). Carr to Johnson HAS TO send shivers down ALL defensive coordinator's spine. :soapbox:

If he keeps playing like this can anyone say PRO BOWL and smae for A.J if the our team can get to just .500 I can see them 2 in it ! What was Carr's quaterback rating today ?

Tulip

Veteran
His QB rating was 113.7. His average for the season is 91.8, which is 5th in the AFC and 10th in the NFL.

phan1

Rookie
He's awsome. But unfortunately, he won't be compared to the top QBs in the league until we put some more in the win column. Even Rothlesburger is getting more time in the spotlight, and he has a defense, a running game, good protection, and a great set of WRs to help him out. Any good QB can perform in his situation.

LiveForTheGame

Waterboy
Rothlesburger also has been thrown into a no-lose situation. No pressure is on his shoulders. If the Steelers lose it's the coach's fault. Carr was thrown into a situation of him making the team a winner...he's definitely handled the pressure and shown what he can and will do

carrtex

Practice Squad
I personally think David Carr is already a top ten Qb in the league he is in the top 5 in passing and he continues to show what he is made of. If he keeps it up he could probably make the prowl bowl, but he has to get some wins under his belt

phan1

Rookie
carrtex said:
I personally think David Carr is already a top ten Qb in the league he is in the top 5 in passing and he continues to show what he is made of. If he keeps it up he could probably make the prowl bowl, but he has to get some wins under his belt
Top 5 in passing? That's great! But like you said, if you want to make it to Hawaii, you've got to win games. Seriously, does any QB make it to the probowl with anything less than an 8-8 season? Much less, does any QB make it to the probowl without making it to the playoffs?

mike moffat

All Pro
I'm with you. David Carr is a stud. He's really got alot of poise for such a young quarter back. Cool as a cucumber and a gun for an arm. This team is going to go places. I firmly believe it.

WWJD

Hall of Fame
David played very well in the second half.

The Texans still don't play complete games though. They didn't do anything at all in the first half.

JDizzle

I'm a dude
Let's not forget Andre Johnson. 170 yds, 12 catches, and 2 TD's. Highlight catch after highlight catch, he just amazed me yesterday. If this keeps up they'll both be in the pro bowl.

pittbull

Rookie
For all the Carr haters, if you don't know, not everyone is Peyton Manning or Dan Marino in their first year, most progress. Carr? His time has arrived. But all the haters, stay off my bandwagon! :headbang:

Txnpride

Waterboy
David should me something yesterday,after being sacked 70+ times his first year showed his toughness.....coming back from 21 down showed everybody yesterday Houston made the right pick when they chose David Carr....Great game....we just took another step even though we came out on the losing end

jacquescas

Veteran
ok i'm not sure cause i havn't looked up the stats. But i'm pretty sure Carr has been the best QB for a team with a losing record this season. Most QBs have better games when their teams win... so once the rest of our team gets going imagine how much better Carr will play.

wags

Veteran
jacquescas said:
ok i'm not sure cause i havn't looked up the stats. But i'm pretty sure Carr has been the best QB for a team with a losing record this season. Most QBs have better games when their teams win... so once the rest of our team gets going imagine how much better Carr will play.
Carr is the sixth best QB in the league as far as passer rating goes. Manning, Culpepper, Pennington, Brees, and McNabb are the only QB's rated higher. So apparently Carr is already playing like a winning QB. It's just too bad he can't stop the run or cover deep.

jacquescas

Veteran
Originally Posted by wags
It's just too bad he can't stop the run or cover deep.
we don't know til we put him in there.

After watching the end of the game if i had to put the blame on anyone late in the game it was the offensive line. at the end of regulation with a few seconds left we could have easily thrown a bomb to AJ, or Armstrong, who knows what would have happened with the way they were playing, but the line collapsed and Carr was sacked to end regulation. Then in our only possession in overtime Carr was knocked into his own man and sacked by the line getting taken on 3rd down. Those were our 2 best chances to win and the offensive line let us down.

HJam72

Hall of Fame
Guys, I don't think anyone is unhappy with Carr right now. He's already proven the doubters wrong, at least for now, anyway. I've always been happy with him and I think the Carr doubters have been very few in number--especially those who didn't think he would be fine in the long run. Now we can go on to bashing the Andre Johnson haters, as if they existed.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I thought he was going to be great after the 19-10 game against the Cowboys. Sure, first season, 70 something sacks to go, but he showed leadership and the never-give-up attitude that you need in your leader.

He just needed some weapons (check), a decent running game (someday), and a O-line that can give him some protection (someday).

I do believe that the Carr/Johnson combination could be one of the greatest QB/WR dynamic duos in the league. Just wait and see...and never give up hope!