David Carr is 2nd.

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by NJ Texan, Sep 19, 2006.

1. NJ Texan

NJ Texan Rookie

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics

And Demeco Ryans is 4th in tackles. I'd consider this a positive sign.

2. MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS Veteran

David will only get better when the O line can start controling the line of scrimage....Demeco is a animal, Pro-bowler in the making.............

3. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

Good post. When I watched the game on Sunday, I just wanted to see an improvement from the week before.

QB is probably the best place to start.

4. Frills

Frills Veteran

Its good to see someone other than a DB leading the team in tackles

5. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I bet the NYG fans are happy Eli isn't waiting around for his OL to start controlling the line of scrimage.......

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS likes this.
  6. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

He's doing a lot better, but his numbers are a little inflated from throwing shorter passes. He did also have the snap fumble. I find it really irritating that people think our losses are his fault, but he's no Pro Bowler yet. Let's keep things in perspective. He could start on a lot more teams than a lot of people think, but he's still not at all a top 5 QB. He's not our problem, nor is he the only answer we need. He's one player.

7. MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS Veteran

Very True thunderkyss..........very true......:redtowel:

8. Cjeremy635

Cjeremy635 Overtraining

I agree, Ryans is a stud for a rookie and I hope he keeps building off of that in the future. He has an uncanny ability to sniff out the ball and make plays. As for Carr, everyone keeps saying the teams goes as Carr goes, so I think the team should start not making serious mistakes that cost the us the game and put us in compromising situations.... :shades: Just kidding, I think they all can get better and build off of the last two weeks.

9. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

I bet NYG fans are happy their defense contributes to their team. And duh--the Giants OL is already controlling things to the tune of 136 yards per game at a 5 ypa clip. Wow, talk about being off target.

10. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Wow, they gave up 9 sacks, 7 in regulation..... we only gave up 5.... wow, talk about missing the boat........

11. Chawky1

Chawky1 Veteran

I really had thought your offense would be impressive this year with a healthy DD and the addition of Moulds, but we see how that went (in terms of DD). At this stage of his career, I think Moulds is still a #1 WR, who just happened to have terrible Qb's throwing to him the last few years in a system bent on running the ball and controlling the clock. Yes, I realize you have traditionally been a run oriented team, but with AJ taking on the #1 Wr role, Moulds can really flourish without facing the oppositions top corner. You have Carr throwing to two #1's. I'd look for Carr to continue doing well, assuming the line can keep him on his feet. One can't help to wonder though how having DD and his pass catching from out of the backfield, how that could have taken your offense the next step forward and really put Carr's numbers through the roof. Hopefully if DC continues to do well statistically, that somewhere down the road it can translate into wins. AJ stretching the D with Moulds working underneath and intermediate has loads of potential.

12. Cjeremy635

Cjeremy635 Overtraining

Thanks for your input CHAWKY. I would have liked to see us this year with a healthy DD as well, but things like this always seem to happen and it's how you handle the adversity that shows the character of your team. I have to say that Kubes & Co. have been active in finding a suitable replacement on short notice. No one would have thought that he wouldn't be able to play this year, it's a crying shame. As far as AJ & Moulds, I think that they have the ability to be an elite tandem in this league as long as Carr can get the ball to them and has time in the pocket.

13. dtran04

dtran04 Hall of Fame

Giants O-Line also shut out the Colts. So who knows....

14. bigTEXan8

bigTEXan8 All Pro

and that's because carr has had 4 years of learning how to scramble, and carr has learned to accept that the o-line will never block consistently for him...as to where eli will just stand there and try and make a throw, which is the other reason eli will have more int's than carr at the end of the season...imho. besides, they were playing the eagles. they blitz on every day that ends in "y". eli isn't that mobile.

15. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

Keep in mind that half his stats were earned against the Colts second stringers.

16. Cjeremy635

Cjeremy635 Overtraining

Yeah, I've heard that as well. I also remember hearing at the beginning of the game that we only had one starter out there as well. Maybe they meant a returning starter from last year, but I do remember hearing the announcer say something along those lines. (not that it makes it any easier to swallow)

17. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

Nice balanced post on David Carr.

18. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

Ain't that the truth.

19. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Good for Carr. Hopefully this goodness will help the team along the way. We need players that make other players better.

20. Texans Front Row Crew

Texans Front Row Crew Rookie

In the first two games of last year,

David Carr

@ Buffalo, Passing: 0 TD, 3 INT, QB rating 12.1 with 5 sacks
    Pittsburg, Passing: 1 TD, 0 INT, QB rating 92.9 with 8 sacks

The next two games that year, David Carr was sack 14 times. If the sack count continues to drop and the passer rating hold, we will see some good thing from him. I think he is much better this year. :yahoo: