David Carr finally has the big IT

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by dantem, Dec 8, 2006.

1. dantem

dantem Veteran

All season David Carr was in the top of the NFL in QB rating, but we were not winning games. Many veteran NFL fans and sports writers analyzed this anomaly and concluded that it was because he didn't have "IT". They could not describe what "IT" was, just that people like Vince Young have it, some kind of magic that makes the team win no matter how well or poorly the QB is playing.

Well, last week against the Raiders, David Carr finally found "IT". He threw for -4 yards, fumbled the ball 3-4 times, got sacked over and over, but through it all, he would not give in. The "IT" was radiating through him like a beacon, lighting his team’s way to victory.

Now the same sports guru's are claiming that the "W" doesn’t matter, it’s how well the QB plays. Suddenly the "IT" factor is irrelevant.

Over the last week I have done some personal research on QBs that seem to have "IT" and I have discovered What "IT" is. It the presense of the following attributes.

• An impenetrable O-Line.
    • A running back that is a 50 yd threat.
    • A secondary that does not get burned for 2 identical 60 yd plays almost back to back to the same receiver.
    • A punter who can kick longer than 25 yard punts.
    • A FG kicker who does not miss as many as he makes.
    • A fullback who does not drop the ball every other time he touches it (in critical situations)
    • A coach that allows the QB to audible when he needs to.
    • An all pro wide receiver who doesn't drop every pass that hits him in the numbers.
    • A center that does not step on his foot at least 3 times per game.
    • And as simple as this sounds, a fan base that actually wants him to succeed.
    Since David Carr has had to work all year without any of these attributes, Its no wonder we only have 4 wins.

I propose that any NFL QB would have the exact same results as DC if they were on this team with This O-Line.

Sincerely,

Homer <--- which incidentally is not a cut down , it's another word for (Fan)atic.

Sarg01 and Texans_Chick like this.
  2. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

Danged funny how much better Troy got once the Cow Polks put a few of the peices you mentioned in your post in place. Kinda weird huh ? Well may not so unusual.

3. Meloy

Meloy Hall of Fame

exactly.

4. austintexanite

austintexanite All Pro

nice, stand your ground. hope he plays well these last four games

5. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

I've been amazed all afternoon that people can continue to start Carr or Young or "real fan" threads all day, and always start them with fresh ideas that haven't been articulated before.

On second thought, I forget most of what I read in those threads immediately, so maybe it isn't that amazing. :)

6. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

I know where he got IT too.

He bought it on
    [​IMG]

BattleRedToro likes this.
  7. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

I'm moderating a broken record these days. Thread after thread after thread of the same posts. I don't even care who wins this Sunday anymore. I just want the game to get here and get over with.

8. TXN008

TXN008 Rookie

Dantem....So true! I agree with you 100%.
    I hope that this weekend DC does an awesome job, but I also hope that the rest of the team shows up as well.
    I DO think that we will win this sunday. :texan:

9. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

Oh, you should care who wins unless you want a year o"we should have drafted VY threads"...wait, nevermind...

10. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Um, not all have been so fresh. Some have been merged. I won't be amazed if that continues all afternoon and through the weekend.

My addition to the list above would be:

• A coach that will let the QB throw from the shotgun.

11. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

Well hot shot...you start a thread. I'll read it. Knew it was coming since last April. The team is devoid of tallent. People are frustrated....what did you expect ?

12. Runner

To get a complete list, we would need to have:
    • The threads that complain about complaining threads

13. sleepwalker

sleepwalker Veteran

Well said.

14. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

One thing you forgot was:

A throwing motion that doesn't lead to an average of 3 batted passes per game.

15. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

During the Denver game the other day the commentator said Shanahan has taken the shotgun out of their game plan as well.

16. Runner

I find the "will the roof be open" thread enthralling. Really. It is almost new stuff!

17. kingh99

kingh99 Guest

David Carr has neither the intellect (and I thought Troy was a male bimbo if there ever was one) nor the arm strength nor the accuracy to carry Troy's clipboard. Maybe he used to havew these attributes but they have either been beaten out of him, his shoulder is mush or he forgot. I watch Carr throw the ball up close half the games and he's not accurate deep or strong armed. He almost got AJ killed during the last home game with his crappy assed post throws. His mechanics may have a lot to do with it but to me it's not up for argument. Dude's physical skills are overrated. Or let's say misused. He can pose like Walter Heisman for the camera but put a 280 line man nearby and he's throwing off his goofy foot underhanded. He doesn't have the guts to finish his throw. Maybe it's because of the beatings. I don't know. Just know I won't be watching next year if he's our starter. He's done in my book.

18. MightyTExan

MightyTExan It's go time!

Is Kubiak setting up Carr for failure?
    Un-inspired play calling, no audibles, same formations, etc....................
    It's like Koobs is still in pre-seaon evaluate mode or something...................

19. MightyTExan

MightyTExan It's go time!

He doesn't have the guts to finish his throw.

That has always been my main knock against Carr. Pull the trigger dude!

20. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

You filthy plagarist. My good friend MorKnolle first cracked that joke about Vince Young back in draft times :) Then again someone else probably came up with it first.

And for those who care, he's still alive. Just not on the boards much of late.