Daryl Sharpton???

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Perki-Perk, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Perki-Perk

Perki-Perk DieHard Texan!

Any news on his return? I know he was supposed to come off PUP. We could use some extra inside help.

2. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

I don't think there's been any news, but he has two more weeks I believe until the Texans either have to add him to the 53 man roster or rule him out for the rest of the season.

3. Perki-Perk

It's been oddly quiet considering the need. Like we might as well write him off.

4. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

I believe Kubiak has mentioned Sharpton is running full speed & looking good but as yet not practiced with team or taken part in any contact drills. I'm sure he will get tested with the team after the bye week to make determination concerning his availabilty this season.

5. Big Lou

Big Lou Stop Clowning

battleredblog.com said he wouldn't be back in the near term. They had some quotes from Kubes I believe.

6. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Hall of Fame

Wasn't he still on crutches a couple of weeks ago?

I'm not holding out any hope of Sharpton making it back this year.

7. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

I think I heard that he is interviewing for a job with his uncle Al.

8. GP

GP Go Texans!

Like you guys are saying, the quotes I saw from Kubiak (regarding adding Sharpton to ease the loss of Cushing, back in the aftermath of our Jets game) is that it doesn't look promising.

He said something to the effect of Sharpton wouldn't be ready even by the time Sharpton comes off the injured list. So that means he's probably going to get fully I.R.'d unless he makes a huge turnaround soon.

Joe Flacco is not exactly a great test of our defense, either. I worry that this one beatdown we put on Flacco and the Ravens is more mirage than mettle. WITH Cushing, I think we're the best team in the league. Without him, I fear we're vulnerable to teams like Green Bay who have playmaking QBs who can beat the blitz better than Flacco can.

9. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

He has about 2 1/2 weeks to start practicing and 3 weeks more until he has to be placed on the 53 man roster. If he misses either of those deadlines, he is dead meat until next season.

10. CloakNNNdagger

When pec0sb0b's "rumor" was revealed last week (being seen on crutches), I stated that he would have most likely had an additional surgical procedure that we may only find out about "later.".......and, if so, he was unlikely to return this season.

11. PandapuffTexan

PandapuffTexan Veteran

cushing was a huge loss..but the afc is a joke this year..and if we are as good as team as people say we are we will coming out stronger..imo we had more key losses last year..we lost our qb and still almost made it to afc chapionship game..im not worried about our team getting exposed in the playoffs...more worried about the nfc but to really face them is to be in the superbowl..even if we dont win making it to superbowl would probably bring alot to people like johnson who been with this organzation for years even when he could of easily left..

12. Perki-Perk

Thanks for the information everyone. Well, I hope that Ruud guy works out!

13. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Ben-Tate-Darryl-Sharpton-top-Texans-bye-week-injury-concerns/023bf240-f372-42ae-a78a-cc570da5e8a9

Sharpton tore his right quadriceps last season in Week 8 and was placed on injured reserve. He was placed on the PUP list after suffering a setback in his rehab early in training camp.

Sharpton was eligible to return to practice last week but has yet to do so. The Texans feel like he’s close. Last week, Kubiak said Sharpton has been working with trainers on a side field during practice and running “very, very well.”

Sharpton has until Nov. 7 to start practicing. From the day he starts practicing, the Texans have three more weeks to activate Sharpton from the PUP list. That means the latest he could be back on the active roster is the week leading up to the Texans’ Week 13 game at Tennessee.

If either deadline passes, Sharpton would not be able to play this season. He would remain on the PUP list.

ObsiWan and The Pencil Neck like this.
  14. Perki-Perk

Thanks man! That is exactly what I was looking for. Let's hope for the best. Sharpton returning to full post injury form would be a huge boost in the middle, imo.

MSR, can someone get that for me?

15. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Hall of Fame

Got him.

16. CloakNNNdagger

Before everyone gets too excited, let me take you back to:

Eerily familiar:kitten:

17. rush2112mn

rush2112mn All Pro

I dont think he makes it back until next year.

18. Allstar

Allstar Bona fide

Dobbins looked great last game. I'm not too concerned yet.

19. Perki-Perk

Thanks!

20. Perki-Perk

Dobbins isn't really my concern (I thought he even did well in coverage a few times!), That Bradie James character is what concerns me. Maybe if he didn't have a shoe deal with a cement company, he'd be less worrysome.