Darius Walker?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Andrew6, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Andrew6

Andrew6 Site Contributor

I've been hearing some about all the Running backs we have and have heard nothing about D. Walker. I think he showed some flash last year and could a good fit here. He had some power runs. Anyone hear anything so far?

dc_txtech likes this.
  2. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Unless of injury, I don't anticipate Walker being a part of the Texans roster come opening week.

He's not very quick and he lacks any real burst for the big play. His vision is average at best. He seems like a good guy though.:cool:

3. gary

gary Hall of Fame

I didn't really see a whole lot of him last year but what I did see of him I really did like he looked strong. I'm hoping that we get a chance early in the season to get a better look at Mr. Walker.

4. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

So you're hoping a better player gets hurt so a guy that may not make the team gets some looks? :hmmm:

I'll take the better RB over the sentimental RB.

5. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

Walker is a good footballplayer, that is it. He is not the fastest, nor the strongest or the greatest at anyone thing. with that said he is a football player. He is the type of back the works well in a zone system the one cut and go type of back. He is capable in pass protection and catching passes out of the backfield.

Everyone wants to knock him out of the picture, but until Taylor actually does something on the field i am not going to. Everything that needs to be done in a zone scheme he can do, he will not wow you but on this team he can be that 4th RB that we need.

6. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Says the Notre Dame fan...... :tease:

7. NBT

NBT Veteran

Walker, if he stays with the team at all, will spend the year on the PS.

8. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

I think Walker will make the team. He has shown that he can catch the ball, run between tackles, and most importantly hang onto the football.

9. gary

gary Hall of Fame

How about for one play? That's all. I just want to see how he does since last year I didn't see much of him.

10. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

I think Walker will make the team. He has shown that he can catch the ball, run between tackles, and most importantly hang onto the football.

Right now the depth chart is:
    1. Green
    2. Brown
    3. Walker
    4. Slaton
    5. Echemandu
    6. Taylor

I have a feeling Green gets hurt and is placed on IR. Brown and Walker will split carries and Salton will be the third down back. Echemandu goes to the PS and Taylor is released.

11. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

This is my eval also. Taylor is a coaches favorite but has shown little on field. Walker has edge imo but may not get on field unless injury takes out some one. And that is more likely than not.

12. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Eche is with the Raiders, now.

13. gary

gary Hall of Fame

I'd much rather have Walker than Taylor who hasn't shown us very much at all.

14. Toro59

Toro59 Rookie

Walker does look like the weak link. I guess it all depends on Taylor

15. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

Echie was "the one first touch-fumble and you're gone" guy.

Walker is seriously on the bubble. With the crew ahead of him though, gonna take one nice ding in preseason and he'll be back into the picture. It's gotta be fish or cut bait time for Taylor. I don't care who loves him.

16. painekiller

painekiller Hall of Fame

And who's list is this?

Boy I cannot wait until Saturday the 26th of July, I will try to get tickets to all the practices, and this is the 1st one. Then we will get to see who is working with who?

IIRC Green will only be working one practice a day, Brown is a pickup requested by Gibbs and we have heard little news about the other guys.

I see Brown and Taylor as the true threats in the offense, Green will show flashes. The rest of the guys will not scare a defense.

17. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

I think between Taylor and Walker, the first one to really "get it" and show the coaches he deserves a spot on the roster will get that spot on the roster and be very hard for the other one to catch at that point.

Reps are limited and the position is crowded with a lot of guys who are kind of interchangeable.

Remember that Taylor didn't look all that different from Walker in his "one good game at the end of the year when it didn't matter" and neither one of them is particularly explosive. They'll both make adequat backs in our system if they play within themselves and do what they're told. Either one is capable of getting some confidence and going on a little roll but neither one is more than a 3 at best.

18. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

now look sad and say d'oh
    D'oh

19. gary

gary Hall of Fame

We are probably going to carry at least three backs so one of them will get a shot.

20. NBT

NBT Veteran

Echemandu isn't even on the squad. He got cut last year for cryin out loud. The depth chart should be:
    1. Green
    2. Brown
    3. Taylor
    4. Slaton
    then Walker. Oh, he will play (in the preseason), then if he makes it through waivers, the PS.

SeƱor Stan likes this.